IGNORED

Canon PowerShot SD940

Cerberus

The Mrs wants a 'small' camera to keep in her purse so she does not miss anything. Will the Canon PowerShot SD940 do the trick or is there something better within the price bracket?

Canon makes the best compact cameras and the SD 940is will do fine for the Mrs , cannot think of something better in this price range .

I got the Ixus 95 still. They make great cameras. Id say the Panasonic Lumix new range is on par with them but generally in terms of point and shoot Canon's make great cameras.

I really appreciate the excellent photography on this site from Dancewatcher and also lately from BigJimslay. If you know your stuff the results are great. Personally I have a little samsung which I use to take snaps which fits snugly onto my belt in a zipped pouch which makes it difficult to pinch when on the bus.

It is a cheap model so if it does get pinched it's not gonna wreck my holiday.

IF ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL WHERE IS THE REST OF MY PENIS?

If you are looking for a small camera and a ton of features you might want to consider the SD940. If you are really picky about image quality then there are better options on the market. Cameras like the Fujifilm Finepix F70EXR and the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T90 take better pictures and they are cheaper, but, the camera bodies are larger than the SD940.

The little Canon can take good pictures, but the poor flash performance means it is no party camera. The lens and the image processing are good, but the user experience leaves something to be desired because of the LCD. The 28mm wide angle end of the zoom is a boon for tourists.

The 940 is also nearly 2 years old... the current compact Canon is

http://www.steves-digicams.com/camera-reviews/canon/powershot-sd3500-is/canon-powershot-sd3500-is-review.html

but the below is probably a better compact camera:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/camera-reviews/panasonic/lumix-dmc-zr3/panisonic-dcm-zr3.html

Edited by )2akathaorai

I really appreciate the excellent photography on this site from Dancewatcher and also lately from BigJimslay. If you know your stuff the results are great. Personally I have a little samsung which I use to take snaps which fits snugly onto my belt in a zipped pouch which makes it difficult to pinch when on the bus.

It is a cheap model so if it does get pinched it's not gonna wreck my holiday.

I put my Fuji finepex in for repair as it would not power up. It was starting to play up. I cant remember how old it is. Maybe 8/9 years old.

Guy got back to me and said £30 to repair it or trade in for a brand new Fuji A100 for £48. It can be bought new for £70. The A100 is an old model but still gets good reviews.

It will do for keeping in my pocket in patts.

can't speak about the canon

i've the panasonic lx3 [ie LUMIX]. GREAT dynamic b&w. GREAT.

shite color. panasonic think white = salmon pink.

and, it's not exactly pocketable once you add the extension tube + filter.

Edited by MONOCHROMEMAN

AC has the Canon S90 and you can't argue with the quality of the photos, especially under low light conditions.

It's also one of the smallest cameras I have seen that give almost SLR quality. I want one...

Trouble is it's a bit more expensive, so I'm not being very helpful am I? But I'm sure Mrs Cerberus would appreciate my efforts... :D

http://www.dpreview....ns90handson.asp

"When the going gets weird... the weird turn pro" - Hunter S. Thompson

Thank you for the replies, yes they have helped. 2akathaorai the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T90 you mentioned has the advantage of being 'sexy', according to the Mrs, whilst the Canon S90 whilst smaller is apparently not :D As you can see this is going to be a technical decision :P and she wants it NOW

Funnily enough I am looking at getting a new P&S and I have been thinking about either the Panasonic ZR3 and the Canon S90. I am leading towards the Canon.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Funnily enough I am looking at getting a new P&S and I have been thinking about either the Panasonic ZR3 and the Canon S90. I am leading towards the Canon.

The S95 is out already, not sure what the differences are.

The S95 is out already, not sure what the differences are.

Looks like it is out and the only major change is tha addition of HD video.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....