IGNORED

want to rent/run restaurant/bar

leonardo50

Hi

I am looking to rent/lease/work together in a restaurant/bar in a hotel or guesthouse. I have long experience running a restaurant and bars in Thailand. If you are tired of all the hassle of your restaurant/bar let me know, maybe you rent it out to me or we can do something together.

I am open for all ideas. Pm me, so we can have a chat.

Hi

I looking to rent/lease/work togheter in a restaurant/bar in a hotel or gusethouse. Have long experince

of restaurant and bars in Thailand.I you are tired of all the hassel in your restaurant/let me know, maby

you rent it out to me or we can do something togheter.Open for all idees.Pm so we can have a chat.

There seem to be no shortage of places for sale in Pattaya - on the way back to my hotel I have just walked passed three bars for sale in Soi Seven alone.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

yes ther are a lot of bars for sale,most of them crap and they still want 1 or 2 milion baht but can not show turnower that mach the price

but like I said Im looking for some one with restaurant/bar in like a hotel/gusethouse

with restaurant downstairs but the owner is tired of all the hassel everyday and maby want to rent the restaurant out. A restaurant if done

proberly is a more then full time work so some one that can run it for u is sure a good idee.

yes ther are a lot of bars for sale,most of them crap and they still want 1 or 2 milion baht but can not show turnower that mach the price

but like I said Im looking for some one with restaurant/bar in like a hotel/gusethouse

with restaurant downstairs but the owner is tired of all the hassel everyday and maby want to rent the restaurant out. A restaurant if done

proberly is a more then full time work so some one that can run it for u is sure a good idee.

Don't forget , for every farang they/you have to hire 4 Thai "workers" .

A little story i heard last week in a bar/restaurant in soi ....... .

The place is for sale and one of the girls working there explaind to me that the boss had tried

to kill himself because he's desperate .

He bought the place for 15 mill. bath including 6 appartments and still have to pay 50.000 bath

key money every month on a long term contract .

The appartments are rented out for lets say 3000 each makes 15.000 bath . You don't have to be a

genius to find out that even when the place is doing well it would be hard to make enough money

but with business down the place not even bring in anything close to the extra 35000 bath he needs

for the key money only .

Then there are the 4 Thai workers for lets say 6000 each is another 25.000 bath , aircon , light ,

water , bib , tax , maintenance , ect. , i guess he's short of 50/75000 bath every month .

I'm afraid the Thai guys that are coming for the lease every month don't take 'no' for an answer .

I also think there are a lot of places like this one , without a little math done , run by an ex-

English truck driver who had a wonderfull dream of working and living in Pattaya but not being able

to overlook the problems that are gonna pop up when you're running a business , you only know from

sitting on the wrong side of the bar , in a foreign (third world) country .

Most of them not speak very much Thai and have to rely on the GF/wife who has never done more than

3 classes of school and is staying with you because you can sponsor her , perfect recipe for problems .

I guess most of the bars for sale (and the bars not for sale too) are losing more money then making any ,

that's probably the main reason why they are for sale , be carefull .

To make 1 million bath with a business in Thailand ...... you have to start with 2 million .

Well i dont know what apartment u can rent for 3000?it have to be a shithole and if he realy paid 15milion for 6 apartments only?

Sounds way of even for a newbie and the source is a Thaigirl haha sorry most of them have no ide what the talking aboute but sure

there are many that struggle and thats why they need me to get things organized and upp and running. Iam not the smartest guy on the

planet but I know how to operate a restaurant and it is for start 16 houres workday, a restaurant is not a work, its a lifestyle and

most people understand that to late ex i buy this guesthouse with ex 20 rooms and then think i can hire some good chefs and make a nice restaurant

and wow I make good money. Sorry wrong there is no, no, no good thai chefs on this level(not 5 star)that can run the kitchen. The can cook

but u have to check all the time and when u think the know how to do it the way u want, then u have to retrain again haha. Ok sorry little

over the top but it is basicly true so thats way u have to spend a lot of your time to check what they doing, if not your nice restaurant will

be empty every day even if u have many rooms rented out.Look at all the good restaurant, they have farang chefs/owner/manager that is there all the time.

Edited by leonardo50

Sorry, you are in a tourist town, dependent on tourist traffic. Thailand's reputation as a tourist destination isn't sterling right now. Also, Pattaya isn't know for general tourist traffic, its a mongers destination. This isn't a knock on my fellow mongers, but we are what you say, cost conscience for the most part. Even businesses with great reputations, strong client loyalty are struggling right now. The old saying is you want to make 1 Million in Asia you better be willing to lose 2 Million.

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton

Many of the big hotels apparently are struggling as their 1000+ baht per night for a room is a little much what with the exchange rate, thats why many guys who used to or normally stay in those hotels are opting for Guest Houses such as ours at Canterbury Tales Cafe, you can see on the website we offer a bigger room than many hotels with many having a separate bedroom and lounge, ok not the classy frills of a large hotel but a good atmosphere.

If your considering a bar alone maybe reconsider although common sense prevails.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

If you've already run restaurants & bars in Thailand correctly, you would know the regulations on Work Permits etc, so for someone to let you have the food side of things they would have to own the place or have a sublease agrrement in their lease agreement in order for you to get a company set up then qualify for your work permit. If your expecting for someone to give you control without being covered on your own, which will get them in the shit when you get caught, your dreaming. If your just going to be a discreet over seer watching the Thai cook, the place hasn't really had much change then. In any business you have to have & spend money in order to make it.

did I say anyware that I want something for free? I said renting or different way to work togheter.If u have anything to ask aboute work toghter etc

do so, All details will I talk aboute with the people that would be intrested of do something togheter, how we do it and what we do is nothing to talk

aboute in a open forum.