IGNORED

What's the best safest motorbike to buy for long stay?

gspotman

I see so many bikes, what's the best and safest and easiest to operate and least problems and where is the best place to buy one at the best discount price in Pattaya?

:001_Thank_You5: :001_Thank_You5: :001_Thank_You5:

Gspotman

Any Japanese automatic from the guidelines you set (not my choice).

The big shop junction Third Road and Pattaya Tai is as good as any and stocks all makes and models plus some second hand.

The big shop junction Third Road and Pattaya Tai is as good as any and stocks all makes and models plus some second hand.

Is Pattaya Thai and So Pattaya road the same as Pattaya Thai?

:001_Thank_You5: :001_Thank_You5:

Gspotman

Is Pattaya Thai and So Pattaya road the same as Pattaya Thai?

:001_Thank_You5: :001_Thank_You5:

Pattaya Tai not Thai.

Pattaya Tai = Pattaya South

Pattaya Klang = Pattaya Central

Pattaya Nua = Pattaya North

I think.

Yes I have bought 2 bikes from that shop Mityon. Very good service. My Yamaha 135 cc Nouvo Elegance has been great very recommended.

Go to that shop and buy a Honda 125 PCX, safest bike you can find with dual brake system. 68000 Baht, worth every Baht.

It maybe an idea to rent one before buying to see which type you like, you could try Mai Pang and I am sure they will let you try different types as they have just about all.post-2887-026041300 1277056363.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Thanks 'll check that out

Gspotman

Thanks 'll check that out

It's very difficult to negotiate a discount on the price displayed in any shop.

They just don't do that. Your best chance is on free helmet/lock etc.

Some idea of your budget would help members advise. They range from roughly 50 - 70k for the good ones.

For extended periods of time (3+ months each) I've ridden a Honda Airblade, Yamaha Nuovo, and Honda Click. You might want to search the forums about motorbike reviews. I'm not that picky, but here's a few things I noticed.

Honda Airblade - My #1 choice. Storage fits 1 helmet. I liked the weight and handling. I liked the initial acceleration, but once you're going 50km/h it accelerates slowly up to 80km/h. Not a big deal. The light at night takes getting used to, it's like a spider web or something wierd.

Yamaha Nuovo (Elegance) - I liked the storage, can fit 2 helmets. Speed is good, ride is comfortable, but the bike seems heavier and handling takes some getting used to. I don't like the weight when zipping in and out of traffic in Pattaya. Also it seems faster than the Airblade and after some time I noticed I was getting cocky and driving faster than I should.

Honda Click - It's small, I removed the cup holders so my knees aren't banging anything. Suspension isn't as nice so I raised the suspension so the bike is taller. It's light and the wheel base is smaller so I don't take sharp turns. Acceleration seems fine to me. Storage sucks, and it's annoying to put my key into the seat to open it up instead of turning the key in the ignition.

If you're tall (190 cm +) or heavy (90kg+) you might look funny on a Click. Renting before you buy is a good idea so you know what feels good. I have rented from http://www.motorbike-station.com/motorbike-rental.php and was pleased with service and bikes. I changed bikes through out my rental agreement. They even suggested a good shop (Mityon) to buy used and new bikes.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, I think I am going to buy and bring my own helmet with me. Do you think a full face or open face helmet is ok? I am only planning on riding locally around Pattaya and not going far.

Also, if I leave a full face on the bike might it stand out and be a target for thieves?

Thanks.

I'd agree with renting some bikes first.

A good full face helmet is much better imo, a good brand light weight well ventilated one maybe a 'nexx xr1r' though they are $$$

I've used proper road full face, moto-x type and even a full face bmx/mountain bike one.

They are a bigger target, but it easy to lock the strap under the seat or run a lock around the rear grab rail and through the helmet

Make sure you've got a good visor and maybe a brand new as a spare.

(ride with a helmet, eye protection, proper footwear and gloves at minimum!)

Member since Dec 06.

Once you have tried a Honda PCX, it's hard to go back to a Click, Nouvou or the like. They are a bit more expensive but for a quiet ride, storage space and stability (especially if you have a falang on the back) you can't beat a Honda PCX.

Its also great when you pull up at the lights the engine shuts off till you hit the accelerator. Also has an electronic alarm system much like a car that beeps when its moved.

Love my PCX.

• 3 weeks later...

Once you have tried a Honda PCX, it's hard to go back to a Click, Nouvou or the like. They are a bit more expensive but for a quiet ride, storage space and stability (especially if you have a falang on the back) you can't beat a Honda PCX.

Its also great when you pull up at the lights the engine shuts off till you hit the accelerator. Also has an electronic alarm system much like a car that beeps when its moved.

Love my PCX.

Can you store two helmets ?

Can you store two helmets ?

Maybe possible to store two of the cheap plastic helmet , i use original honda helmets and can store one. Also love my PCX , use it inside town, it`s unbeatable. For long travel i have a Yamaha 1900 Midnight star.

Edited by Jan1

• 2 weeks later...