IGNORED

Any one hazard a guess?

Fire1

A difficult if un answerable question I know, but any rough guesses as to how much electricity would cost for 1 month in a hotel room , air con on all night , tv electric shower . I am told it is 7 baht a unit (does that seem good ?).

Just trying to work out whether it will be cheaper this way 18000 for month + elec (water free) or pay room rate 1200, although I can book for month I will only stay max 25 nights but more likely 18-20 as want to do a bit of roaming. With girlfriend so tv likely to be on all the time !!

There are reasons for staying here (LK Pavilion).

Thanks for any estimates, it will help.

Fire1

A difficult if un answerable question I know, but any rough guesses as to how much electricity would cost for 1 month in a hotel room , air con on all night , tv electric shower . I am told it is 7 baht a unit (does that seem good ?).

Just trying to work out whether it will be cheaper this way 18000 for month + elec (water free) or pay room rate 1200, although I can book for month I will only stay max 25 nights but more likely 18-20 as want to do a bit of roaming. With girlfriend so tv likely to be on all the time !!

There are reasons for staying here (LK Pavilion).

Thanks for any estimates, it will help.

Fire1

I have a decent size place and my utilities run under 2K. It depends on how much you stay in your flat and run your Air.

Hope that helps!

7 baht a unit is extortionate. It is twice the actual rate. Unfortunately, creaming off the top on utilities is common pratice is LOS. That said,

1200*25 = 30000B / month.

It is not physically possible for you to use 12000B worth of electricity in 1 month, unless you have a plug-in particle accelerator!

Aircon will be your biggest expense. I stayed in a guesthouse during Songkran for a month, with a small, old aircon unit set on 18C, running for 75% of the day. The bill was 3000B.

So, 18000B + 3000B = 21000B at worst, a 9000B or 9 LT saving.

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

Stayed in bangkok a year ago near on-nut, the building had government energy assistant or something was only pay 1.5 or 2 baht a unit for electricity so my monthly bill was only like 300 baht and like 50-70 for water.

The year before that stayed at the mansion on suk soi 81, also near on-nut bts rent was 15000 a month and electric + water was 1k. I think they were charging 6 baht a unit.

Also I don't run the ac on all night though

I am guessing less than 1,000 baht per month. Based on ExpatDaves comment above and the electricity and water bill for a BG I know coming to 1,200 baht per month on a small studio apartment I would say maximum 1,000 baht is a safe bet.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

The rate from the Company is I believe, 3.8 baht plus 7% VAT.

After that owners of buildings can charge whatever they like and 7-8 baht is commonplace.

The first thing to check re metered Electricity and Water, is that there is actually a meter which you can access and check yourself.

Many apartment owners are straight as a die on re-charging, but a few are not.

When I stayed at a guest house last March, they charged me 8 Baht per unit.

I was there for 17 nights, using air con and electric shower etc, and my bill came to 696 Baht.

Hope that helps,

Tony

Im staying at PBR 32 nights on the monthly rate,

part of that is having to pay electricity costs.

On the website it states the average cost is about 1800 bht a month @7 bht a unit.

Hope that helps

James 023

One room or Studio apt running one AC and all the other stuff Average bill 1100-1600 a month tops here check this web site:Provincial Electric Authority

This guy is Tracking his usage with twitter and takes pictures of the meter twittering his kilowatt hours each day.

Twitter test

Twitter elec usage

Edited by jonerich

pabannerscaled.jpg

Never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can sleep.

(Murphy's Law Of Combat)

Business rates are not the same as household rates and rates go up the more a business uses, we have meters outside every room at Canterbury Tales Cafe and as we dont have water meters we charge 6 baht per unit and when the water is added we do not make money on water or electric and is only applicable for monthly deals.

This is because human nature as when people know they dont pay for something like electric they will leave A/C on all day and night so is an incentive to turn off when leaving the room, its just a waste if your not there, the room soon cools down on arrival so really is a waste if left on for long periods.

This enables us to offer large well equipped rooms with free wifi, A/C, ceiling fan, bedroom and separate lounge, dining table/chairs, large fridge, tea/coffee maker, in room safe, TV/DVD player, sofa & recliner, balcony, en-suite etc etc at monthly rates equivalent to about 350 baht per night where many hotels/guesthouses charge 600/1000 + a night.FUNNYWOW_90a24fb15ef6b5f0.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

A big thank you to EVERYONE... I really didnt think I would get much help as it was a bit like asking "how long is a piece of string". You have all given me something to think about and based on what you are all saying I think I will save money,

Once again...thanks.

Daveo....Where is Canterbury Tales? Do u have a pool?

Fire1

7 baht a unit is extortionate. It is twice the actual rate. Unfortunately, creaming off the top on utilities is common pratice is LOS. That said,

1200*25 = 30000B / month.

It is not physically possible for you to use 12000B worth of electricity in 1 month, unless you have a plug-in particle accelerator!

Aircon will be your biggest expense. I stayed in a guesthouse during Songkran for a month, with a small, old aircon unit set on 18C, running for 75% of the day. The bill was 3000B.

So, 18000B + 3000B = 21000B at worst, a 9000B or 9 LT saving.

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

Love the bit about the LT saving, as she is 7 months pregnant that 7 k might come in handy 55555555