Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Uploading a .doc file [with photos embedded in it]

MONOCHROMEMAN

This may be a basic question: then again maybe not (:

If I wrote a trip report in, let's say, Word [and added some photos] can that be uploaded directly to the board?

Just in case anyone's wondering: I find it easier to write on the fly. If I don't do it there and then asap it will never get done [ie if I wait til I get home]

I was thinking how easier it would be to use a portable device to write my text, then, when I'm home, just copy to Word, embed the photos and upload.

If I wrote a trip report in, let's say, Word [and added some photos] can that be uploaded directly to the board?

Just in case anyone's wondering: I find it easier to write on the fly. If I don't do it there and then asap it will never get done [ie if I wait til I get home]

I was thinking how easier it would be to use a portable device to write my text, then, when I'm home, just copy to Word, embed the photos and upload.

Word files have macros that can contain viruses so it is not encouraged. PDF is better but most people like to see it in the 'normal' way in the forum. Office files also sometimes contain your name in the file properties, not a good idea.

Word files have macros that can contain viruses so it is not encouraged. PDF is better but most people like to see it in the 'normal' way in the forum. Office files also sometimes contain your name in the file properties, not a good idea.

Good point, Mike. Personally mine would contain no personal info. Maybe I'll just do the text only. And then upload that + fotos the normal way. Although I've not upped a TR before so I don't know what normal is (:

It's possible, but I think we would recommend that members do not download word document files because of the possibility of picking up a virus.

Write it in Word then copy & paste as a normal post, use "Attach Files" to upload photos (please resize first!) and use "Add To Post" to insert them at suitable points. Won't take long to upload it compared to the writing.

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

I write 'Monkeywatch' in Word then copy and paste it onto the board. I upload the photos to an image hosting site then paste the image codes into the appropriate places in the article so they can be copied and pasted onto the board at the same time as the text. :MonkeyFight:

MONKEYWATCH - The Truth Is In There

Why not just hammer the text into Word (or even notepad) while you are on holiday, then copy and paste it onto PA adding the pictures when you get home?

Why not just hammer the text into Word (or even notepad) while you are on holiday, then copy and paste it onto PA adding the pictures when you get home?

I would suggest anyone writing a long post do it in Word or something similar. If you do a long post and hit post only for your internet connection being down all your work is down the drain. Tyoe it into word and then paste it in. The added advantage is that you can spell check it at the same time.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

several good ideas have been posted: gogodog, monkeyman, DP

I actually want to use my Psion 5mx as it's got a great keyboard. I dug it out recently and it still is perfect for traveling and typing is a cinch. I can then just upload when I get home.

Any fotos will require very minimal editing. I won't forget to resize fotos as I'll do that in editing stage.

I'll have to remember to use "Add to post". That's a good bit of info. Now I know how to insert at a particular spot.

thanks