IGNORED

Paradiso Suites & Hotel Solo

Slacker

I've got some favourite places in Bangkok, but I'm a sucker for somewher new and am hoping for some input on the above if possible. Paradiso Suites is on Sukhumvit, next to the small Chuwit Park (?)...but I'm wondering how close to Sukhumvit itself ? The prices are reasonably attractive though. I'm leaning towards Hotel Solo on Soi 2...next to Aspen Suites (?). Another new place with a classy website, but has anyone stayed there ?

Failing that it's back to some old favourites...Aspen, Dawin...however the links may be useful to others looking to expand their Bangkok horizons.

Thanks for any info.

Edited by Slacker

Slacker: Stayed at Paradiso and was pretty nice. It's probably blended together with some similar places (like Fusion & Sachas) in my mind though. 1 thing I do remember - it's real close to Suk. Less than 100 yds for sure. Solo2 is the 1000 baht 'mystery hotel' on WOTIF for the next couple months. I originally booked it for Sept, but now the trip's Nov, & the deal goes away. wj

Paradiso is nearly on the corner of Soi 10 and Suk - very short walk to Suk. The only negative, and to some folks a big problem, is that their rooms are really small.

Don't have any experience with hotel Solo. But as WJ pointed out it is 1000 baht deal - so might be worth the risk at that price.

Thanks for the replies...maybe I'll book Solo and just check Paradiso while I'm there. The 1000 Baht offer is great, but like 'WJ' I'm not there until November. Incidentally, having mentioned Wotif, have you booked through them before ? Any problems ? I normally book direct to avoid hassle with 3rd-party customer service but have in the past got some great deals from Expedia - just wondering what Wotif are like.