IGNORED

August suites

Bonny101

These are the prices :

".............Our best rates in 20 December 2010-15 January 2011(peak) are :

-1,500 THB/night/no breakfast for a Superior room City side on the 2nd floor.

-1,850 THB/night/no breakfast for a Superior room City side on the 3rd -5th floor.

-2,000 THB/night/no breakfast for a Superior room Pool side (not directly see the pool) on the 3rd -5th floor.

-2,200 THB/night/no breakfast for a Superior room Pool side (directly see the pool).

-2,500 THB/night/with breakfast for a Deluxe room pool side (with bathtub in the bathroom).

-3,000 THB/night/with breakfast for an Executive Suite city side

-3,500 THB/night/with breakfast for an Executive Suite pool side.

These rooms can stay max 2 persons. These rates are net no any ++.

..............."

Has anyone stayed in the city-side, 2nd floor ? (the cheapest room at 1500 baht).

Is there anything 'wrong' with it ?

Noise ?

As always, thanks for all responses........

I've stayed on the city side 7th floor twice now, the noise coming from the city side is minimal, it's a very quiet Soi so I wouldn't have thought there would be much noise on the 2nd Floor.

I've stayed in the August Suites 3 times now, excellent hotel, staff are great and very friendly, even with the girls you bring back.

I quite like the city side. You can have a wee look at people on the other side and nose about as you nurse your hangover and wait for your brain to function again.

The pool side can just mean that side of the hotel, but not necessarily 'a view of the pool'. If you get one at the far side, you will be looking at a concrete car park (but paying pool side rates!).

I say go for city side and save your cash.

Great hotel but your dates are the most expensive time of the year.

That said 1500 baht is still a great price for such a quality room at this period of high season.

Thanks for the info & the rates well noted I am sure by many PA's.

:001_Thank_You5:

Great Hotel but your dates are the most expensive time of the year.

That said 1500 baht is still a great price for such a quality room at this period of high season.

Thanks for the info & the rates well noted I am sure by many PA's.

:001_Thank_You5:

Thanks........yes, I agree, 1500 looks good for the time of year. Can't really see the point in paying more for a different room. Breakfast seems to be the one weak point of the hotel (or opinions vary) so I don't mind missing out on that.

Looking at other 'decent' hotels like LK Rennaisance and Tim Boutique their rates are getting towards 3,000 baht in that period, D2 getting towards 4,000....

I'll sit on it for a few days but I won't hang about.......

Thanks again.....

Have you had a look at Fraser Resort through Agoda?

There have been a couple of threads talking about great deals there. Not sure if the deals stretch into Dec/Jan silly-price-season.

Ok, I booked August Suites and just went for cheapest room at 1500 baht (second floor city side). Looking back through old threads, these rooms seem fine. Corresponding with them, they seem friendly, efficient and have good English.

I'll be taking a camera next trip so I'll do hotel reviews in various places.

Thanks for the advice

There is already a good review on PA for August suite.

1500b seems to be a very good price for the peak season.

I stayed in the city side, and had also a look at the pool side. I think it is just wasting money for this one as the city side is quiet (hotel is not on the main road), and at the pool side, you have no view. Just view on the small pool.

Anyway, great hotel. Not sure it is on Agoda.

Hope there's not a compulsory New Year's Gala Dinner for 20K baht!

These dates are exactly the same as Sandy Spring's 'peak season' where I 'used' to stay. They bung an extra 500 baht per day just cos they can get away with it. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask! At least I can vote with my feet.

I should have stayed at August Suites last time as I went to the Hospital twice and it's just around the corner!

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it