IGNORED

Odd alignment errors in firefox

tbrad

On the forum index page, when browsing with firefox, im getting a strange alignment error, where the "active users" info is being displayed at the top, and the actual forum sections are being displayed mostly off screen far down on the bottom right, ill try and upload some images to explain whats happening better.

Also when browsing with Internet explorer, it works perfectly, its got to be something ive done wrong for this to happen, otherwise im sure this section would be full of threads on it, but just wondering if anyone knows how i can correct it?

Because i do prefer firefox,

Thanks

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by tbrad

What version of Firefox are you using mate?

"When the going gets weird... the weird turn pro" - Hunter S. Thompson

latest version, i tried upgrading because i thought that might be it, still all messed up though !

I have the same issue. I have not found out why yet. The cause has to be an update within the last couple days to Firefox. It is only Firefox because IE and Chrome works fine. May be there was an update to the forum software. The workaround is to setup the IE 2 tab add-on. Here is the link to the add-on.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419/

latest version, i tried upgrading because i thought that might be it, still all messed up though !

hmm... very odd. I don't seem to have a problem with the same version . Flash etc all up to date?

Is it possible one of your add-ons is messing with PA?

"When the going gets weird... the weird turn pro" - Hunter S. Thompson

I have the same error and on mulitple machines.

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton

Except the random minor freezes from certain count down clocks that are flashed based on the forum, mine works fine using 3.6.8 on Ubuntu Linux 10.04 TLS lucid. You can install IE tab or user agent switcher=(better Choice). Just goto Menu->Tools->Add Ons->Extensions and do a search for either. But in Retrospect I think its that Inferior OS your using Microshite Windooooooooz. 5555 Hope this Helps!!!!!!

Edited by jonerich

pabannerscaled.jpg

Never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can sleep.

(Murphy's Law Of Combat)

Try disabling any extensions you have installed.

Firefox does seem to get buggier with each passing release though... getting too big, too many cooks in the kitchen, I suspect.

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

I have been working on disabling various extensions and plugins such as the ones dealing with JAVA. There was no change. I did another test by logging into the Pattaya Secrets Forum. It uses the same software. I am not experiencing any problems or issues.

I may end up uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox. But since the work around is working okay, I will tackle this pain at a later time.

Problem appears to be solved, im using firefox right now and the forum is all aligned as should be, i didnt change anything my end, so maybe there was a compatibility issue with the forum?

I have been working on disabling various extensions and plugins such as the ones dealing with JAVA. There was no change. I did another test by logging into the Pattaya Secrets Forum. It uses the same software. I am not experiencing any problems or issues.

I may end up uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox. But since the work around is working okay, I will tackle this pain at a later time.

Secrets use 2008 forum script, we are on 2010 releases, very very different

Thanks for the information. It appears the issue has been resolved. My Firefox is working correctly. No idea why. The settings are the same as they were before.