IGNORED

waterproof & impact proof.

Reaper_gfx

needing a new camera for songkran as both my cameras arent waterproof and could do with it when im fishing rather than fidget around with a net/rod/camera all in one hand,

and as a paintballer maybe something that could withstand a direct hit from a paintball, however this is not as important as if need be i could probally buy one of those cases that goes around a camera

thanks anyway

steve.

edit: as for budget happy enough around the £200 figure but if there is a significant diffrence in quality i could probally stretch it up to £300.

Edited by Reaper_gfx

needing a new camera for songkran as both my cameras arent waterproof and could do with it when im fishing rather than fidget around with a net/rod/camera all in one hand,

and as a paintballer maybe something that could withstand a direct hit from a paintball, however this is not as important as if need be i could probally buy one of those cases that goes around a camera

thanks anyway

steve.

edit: as for budget happy enough around the £200 figure but if there is a significant diffrence in quality i could probally stretch it up to £300.

I would go for the Pentax W80 it's under $200 USD. I have the Olypus models which cost more and with I had bought the Pentax. Two friends have the Pentax and really like it.

i have looked at the w80 but to alot of people who review these have all said that there is alot of noise in the images, whilst i know im not going to get great images as i would with a dslr but id still like to have a clear picture

The Olympus Stylus Tough 8000 is the way to go. It's waterproof and shockproof. Had it on my last visit to LOS and it did extremely well, in and out of the bedroom and underwater.

Amazon has it listed for $244 (~£154).

Here's a sample...

Ko Larn2_00001.jpg

Edited by buddyedgewood
If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

I have an Olympus tough and the pictures are good however the Limix DMC - FT2 (Panasonic) shits all over my Olympus (my mate bought one last week)

The Limix also records HD video as well.

It has the same water proof and drop proof rating as the Olympus Tough

Camera Link

Edited by Highlander

the panasonic ft1 was going to be my original choice but i believe this is now not manufactured anymore because the ft2 was released, and proving rather difficult to find,

the D10 has been the best pick out of all the reviews ive came across, but I'm not 100% on this but I'm sure i came across somewhere that its quite bulky to fit into a pocket,

my travel funds have taken another slight knock so i have to wait to see what i can recover from this mess ive been thrown into, the Olympus will be the choice if i can recover most of my lost funds in time but i think I'm going to take the panasonic limix FT1 if i can find one at a decent price but if not then bite the bullet and go out for the ft2

cheers for the recommendations

steve.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd recommend the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX5. It's waterproof, rugged, has a very slim form factor, takes great low light photos, and have several useful modes e.g sweep panoramic, action shot, etc.

I'd recommend the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX5. It's waterproof, rugged, has a very slim form factor, takes great low light photos, and have several useful modes e.g sweep panoramic, action shot, etc.

Agree 100% this is the best that is around now & it can be purchased for just over £300 in the UK.

• 2 months later...

That Sony TX5 is a top notch small camera but I doubt its waterproof or rugged. The Panasonic Lumix series of rugged cameras are the ones to beat. A key thing to consider is how deep you want to go underwater and what compromises the camera has to make it rugged and waterproof. The Lumix also does HD movies

• 2 months later...

just to update

i went and got the ts2, i had been sitting for a while now watching the prices and managed to get it for a steal at £220 places like jessops were wanting £300 and play.com were wanting £350 so well chuffed.

however im sitting playing with it im still of taking it for a swim just that unnerving feeling of electrical items and water.

try get some pictures up soon of quality when i get round to it.

cheers for the recommendations

steve

if i remember right the sony has a front sliding compartment which if sand gets stuck in its going to scratch all the coating,

Edited by Reaper_gfx