IGNORED

Going to Thailand with my buddy, and his wife,,,

atcbuckybn

So from my last vacation to Thailand I of course showed my friend all of my pictures from Thailand and now he really wants to go. Well he is married and is going to bring his wife. Now I am a big monger (and he wishes he was too) but I do not want to be the reason that him and his wife get divorced. At first he wanted to go to Pattaya but I talked him into Phuket. His wife would be down with a lady to bring home but I do not want to shove it in her face. I kind of compared it to: going to Detroit or going to New York City. He bought it. I am going to go to Pattaya later anyway and since it is his first vacation there and with the wife I thought that Phuket would be the better choice. More resort like. So that being said, I would like some things to do during the day and also some good places to go during the night. Maybe some GO go's that do a show like Angel Witch. I am quite happy to spend my time with the lades, nursing my hangover but I will toughen up, and go and see some Elephants and jungles so that they can enjoy their time. So please post anything that you think would be fun to do during the day and also any bars that are fun and friendly during the night. Also what are the main party areas in Phuket I have actually not been there so I am looking forward to it also.

Many Thanks!!

Where will the Bang bus stop next?

the party area of Phuket is Bangla Road, but you wont get the gogo bars like in Pattaya or Bangkok. Soi Eric is full of beer bars and a great place to have fun.

During the day there is of course the beach, elephant rides, Phuket Town for shopping, can go to Phi Phi Island for a look.

Farang = Walking ATM. TG's push the right buttons and money comes out. PIN = BBBJ

Wow,

That's a ballsy move by your friend. Phuket is certainly more couple friendly and many more farang women in town walking about. In short it is not unlike being at a Caribbean resort with the addition of Thai Food and Thai Girls.

As for where and what, I'm sure you'll have a lot of feedback and comments but here are my 2 cents.

Much of the action is in Patong Beach. In Patong, you'll find a lot of bars/clubs/discos off of Soi Bangla (aka Bangla Rd) which is similar to a smaller version of Walking St. (close the st to vehicles in the evening and it becomes a big party). There are not as many a go-go establishments but there is an Angelwitch branch and a Suzy Wongs.

There are resorts both in Patong and nearby Kata and Karon. One should check on joiner fees as fewer places are GF.

The Beach is much prettier in Patong than what you find in Pattaya (and probably much cleaner).

Its more expensive on Phuket.

There is an elephant sanctuary and an aquarium on the island.

Also you can charter a boat or tour to snorkel, dive or check out the offshore islands (Phi-Phi, James Bond Island, etc.)

There are several cabarets that perhaps the wife will enjoy.

IMO, it's more laid back and you can set your own pace (from hells-bells to a snails crawl).

There is a soapy but not that great IMO.

I'm sure others will add their comments. Good Luck with this and advise how this all plays out.

I recommend a show called Fantasea. You can buy tickets at one of the many little tour offices. They'll pick up up at your hotel in a minivan (it's a ways from the major beach area) and take you there. The same van will wait around and take you home afterwords. There's a complex with shops, live entertainment, restaurants, etc. where you can kill an hour or so. But then there's a large theater where they put on a great show, probably as big as anything in Las Vegas, complete with a couple dozen elephants. You can't take photos of the show, but here's the entrance to the restaurant and the theater.

FantaSea.jpg

fant theater.jpg

Edited by philkrenshaw

Patong beach is the place you want to go.

you can do a tour to james bond island that includes elephant rideing a trip to the floating village a trip to the latex farm and ox cart rideing (thats crap) its a big day but plenty to do. one thing that i always do is grab a moped and just go cruiseing aroud the beaches north and south, we went to a huge waterfall one year cant remember were it is, theres also phi phi island verry nice, the tour stands have maps of the island with all the good stuff marked on them.

at night the action is around bangla road there is a great bar i drink at called the blue lotus its on bangla directly accross the road from the ladyboys, plenty of couples in there as there are no BG'S working there (the lady action is only a few steps away though) great staff alot of fun tell them whoppa sent ya

have fun mate