IGNORED

Get visa for China in Bangkok?

shin

Doing a little world tour and Im thinking about hitting Beijing after visiting thailand but I was wondering if I can get a visa for China while in Bangkok? Im a US citizen. Would get in the states but I wont be back home for another couple months.

no problem at the Chinese consulate in BK, same day service available for a little more money. most travel agents in BK or Pattaya will sort it for you as well for a service fee. if memory serves me right a 30 day visa is not a problem- passport, couple of photos and a bit of form filling (I'm a Brit, for Americans there is a different price structure, i think it's a little more expensive but not silly.) but for longer stays they require some sort of schedule with hotel names, addresses, flight numbers etc.

good luck with your trip to China, if you've never been before try to see as much of it as you can, its a hell of a place but as with most places i find that the "real" people are found outside the major cities. internal transportation is very good and not expensive.

No problem for US passport holders to get a Chinese visa in BKK. As the earlier poster indicated same day service is availible - but there is a cost and the passport/paperwork has to be dropped off in the AM. Many of the travel agents dotted around the city can take care of everything for you or you can do it yourself. The process/price is a bit different for US passport holders - but not much. Price is higher, and you have to submitt two sets of applications.

You can usually get single or double entry with no problems.

Seeing China is certainly worth the visit, but I have no Desire to see any more of the country than I alreay have.

Great! Do I need to buy my ticket and hotel before hand?

Ask the travel agent. Most of the time the answer to this is no. But on a few occassions I've had travel agents say this was necessary. Once was during the time frame that the Olympics so that was probably true - the agent I used at that time made bookings in my name to use on the visa documents and then once the visa was processed they cancled those bookings.

Generally speaking I have not had to present air ticket or hotel info, and I just list basic info on travel plans (that usually does not match the travel I end up doing).

We can arrange these if required does not take long.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

Ask the travel agent. Most of the time the answer to this is no. But on a few occassions I've had travel agents say this was necessary. Once was during the time frame that the Olympics so that was probably true - the agent I used at that time made bookings in my name to use on the visa documents and then once the visa was processed they cancled those bookings.

Generally speaking I have not had to present air ticket or hotel info, and I just list basic info on travel plans (that usually does not match the travel I end up doing).

Im in Shanghai at the moment. Flew here from Manila yesterday. Didnt need to show travel documents to get visa. I flew here on a one-way ticket and they didnt even question it at arrival.

Edited by Craig_ozz

Farang = Walking ATM. TG's push the right buttons and money comes out. PIN = BBBJ