IGNORED

Graphic design / video / photoshop expert

Mayor McCheese

Hey there, pattaya addicts has kindly allowed me to list my business here. Oryx design is your one stop shop for anything that requires design or animation work. We have three artists, all of whom are international award winners and we can do pretty much anything you need for your business or personal needs. Here's my pitch :

how many times have you seen people trying to get customers with an amateurish looking website, a badly spelled menu, or a hand lettered sign? If you're in Pattaya, I'm assuming you see it a lot. Too many people assume that just because you're in thailand you can't have as professional looking a business as you would like. But you can. Use us. Don't get your cousin. Don't get your wife's nephew who claims to know photoshop. Don't let your Thai staff do it. Don't get a freelancer with no experience. Get trained professionals who have the right equipment can do it in high quality and record time. Everything we do is spelled correctly (surprisingly not that common), looks super professional, and is guaranteed to have no errors.

Services we provide :

- video animations / cartoons / professional video productions

- sign and outdoor banner design for any occasion

- custom in-bar (or restaurant) advertising

- in house video (promo videos that play on your tv for customers to see)

- menus, brochures, business cards

- professional photography

- wedding / special event packages

- professional design services

- website design and backend development

- Logo design

- custom DVD production

- full broadcast quality 1080p HD production

- photo manipulation (ie, say in your wedding photos your wife has a big pimple. we can make it disappear. or remove her annoying brother from the pic. your call lol)

and pretty much anything else you can think of - if it has to do with pretty design and it has to be done right, we're the ones to talk to. Our designers are fluent in Thai, English, German and French, and we have reliable Russian translators.

Great stuff.

whats your url and where are you from?

where is your online portfolio?

Please Answer LaaMok's post... we've used some folks out of BKK, Manila and locally in the past with terrible results...

Trying to Stay Out Of Trouble, But It Isn't Working

hi guys, thanks for the comments. I don't post my email or personal details online for obvious reasons, have had some bad experiences in the past. Have PM'd both of you and am Happy to provide portfolios etc personally, I just don't post them in a public forum.

do you have a website ?

Why wouldn't a designer want to show off their work?

doesnt make sense does it ?

Why wouldn't a designer want to show off their work?

pretty straightforward. It's very similar to how here on this board you need 50 posts before you can see some of the more naughty forums - it weeds out spammers, time wasters, and the like. I've had a lot of issues here in Thailand with shall we say, less than trustworthy people. Small things like my work being ripped off, passed off as their own, rival companies trying to waste my time or cause problems because they don't want any competition, etc - really silly stuff. Even had one Thai owned company contact a client of mine and claim they were representing me. Also, I do a lot of work with big companies outside of Thailand, and a lot of them are in relatively conservative countries. I'm not keen to openly promote that the company that's doing their TV commercial also does projects for Pattaya BJ bars :-) And lastly, some of the stuff on my showreel is copyrighted and my clients would not be pleased if I was putting it out there on the public internet for anyone to grab.

So the solution I've come up with for now is to have a private, password protected client area that's only accessible to those I allow in. Ie serious prospective clients, business owners, and so on, but not the average joe web surfer.

Hope that explains it adequately. If you're a business owner or other client and you want to see my info, just pm me and I'll give you access.

Edited by Mayor McCheese

Makes sense, but surely there are stuff that's not copyrighted, things that a designer just creates because that's just what he loves to do. Things that showcase who he/she is. My friend back in school draws in his note book all the time, they are just filled full with his creations. Also this is a pattaya forum so who ever visits here have vested interest in Pattaya and I would doubt any visiting here would have any problems with an advertising agency that promotes for the bars and business in Pattaya. Infact I think it would be the opposit.

Edited by George111

Well maybe u dont wanna show your work coz you think people will steal it, is pretty lame. If you are running a professional service, you can always get your website copyrights and sue who ever cheats, it will make you richer.

But from my experience, what I have seen is, there are some designers that cheat people, I have been thru this. They have no website or online portfolio and make something for you, later you find out that he stole it from someplace else and doesnt want an online portfolio coz people can catch him.

Anywayz m not offending you .. maybe you dont steal. But this is my personal experience. And having an online portfolio and website, grows your business, not damages it

Makes sense, but surely there are stuff that's not copyrighted, things that a designer just creates because that's just what he loves to do. Things that showcase who he/she is. My friend back in school draws in his note book all the time, they are just filled full with his creations. Also this is a pattaya forum so who ever visits here have vested interest in Pattaya and I would doubt any visiting here would have any problems with an advertising agency that promotes for the bars and business in Pattaya. Infact I think it would be the opposit.

that's not quite what I meant. Let's say for example, I had a contract to do promos for an ad agency in dubai. I list that on my site as work I've done, and I also list some Pattaya bars. Someone does a google search on my business, and voila, I lose my contract in Dubai. That's just a hypothetical example. Eventually I'll probably create an independent brand name for my Thailand work, but at the moment I don't have enough purely Thai content to give a sample of what I do based solely on that. So I include all of the stuff I did before I moved to Thailand, same for my other designers.

Well maybe u dont wanna show your work coz you think people will steal it, is pretty lame. If you are running a professional service, you can always get your website copyrights and sue who ever cheats, it will make you richer.

But from my experience, what I have seen is, there are some designers that cheat people, I have been thru this. They have no website or online portfolio and make something for you, later you find out that he stole it from someplace else and doesnt want an online portfolio coz people can catch him.

I don't know how much of your experience is in Thailand, but I (or anyone else) would never be successful suing a Thai company here for stealing your customers or designs, especially if it's a farang doing the suing. Plus, I'm not hiding any of my work from any prospective client or offering to do work without any examples first, as I said I provide a full private web area for clients to browse and see our online CV, so if anyone wants to have a look they're free to. I'm just keen on advertising to all the people I know in the TV business that I live in Pattaya. I might want to go back one day lol! And as you can understand, on boards like this you sometimes say things you wouldn't want associated with your work life...

I understand some people might not agree with the way I do it, but that's totally fine. I'm happy to do it this way, and I think that most farang run businesses will totally understand why and have no problem with it.

Thanks to both of you for your comments, it's a breath of fresh air to see comments without any rudeness or anger. Cheers!

Edited by Mayor McCheese

You can do one thing. You can set up a website showing all the services you give. No need to flash your portfolio there. Just maybe 1 or 2 featured work and then u can ask them to contact you to see more of your work etc.

Having a website advantages you to get traffic free of cost and effort when your keywords are stored in the search engine and also people feel comfortable when seeing a website and then contacting. As you can see this method of yours has given suspicion to most here about your work.

In business .. remember .. the customer is always right!

I use this awesome product www.roksmediainc.com - It is a hosted platform that does everything you need for online business's to get up and running quick. Hosted Content Management with website templates to get you going fast ( makes Wordpress look silly ) , CMS, Custom shopping carts with no programming needed ( Hooks right up to all the major gateways ), custom web apps also no programming knowledge needed. Email Marketing, News letters, Campaign tracking. No worrying about configuring, or keeping systems linked , everything is taken care of for you. You can choose to host in USA, Asia, or Europe. Best of all you can play with the system for free for 30 days No credit card needed when signing up or any of that crap.

Edited by quadrat