Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Markets in Pattaya

Mr David

Hi, when over last i went to the market on a Tuesday (I think) but was told there is a much bigger night market. Not knowing all the names of roads etc, can someone please show me on a map (google earth etc) where it is?

Thanks in advance

You are asking a big question. What are you looking for? Jomtien has a big market off Therapist road, Naklua has a food market, any place there is an empty lot they throw up a market...

You went on Tuesday? You go to the one by TukCom? That is Tues and Fridays...

There is a big shop behind Big C on Soi AR that sells most the Crap you find at markets less then the price at the markets but not clothes... There are other places for that kind of stuff but if you can tell folks what you are looking for it might help people guide you better as to where to go. Naklua has a great food market that I like to run to for example...

Trying to Stay Out Of Trouble, But It Isn't Working

theprasit market

from Jomtien head up theprasit road towards sukhimvit , cant miss it on your right hand side about 500 meters before sukhumvit

i believe its every fri/sat/sun evenongs 4-10pm

much bigger and cheaper than the soi bukhao market !

much bigger and cheaper than the soi bukhao market !

We're still only an ATM to them...

Hi, thanks for the replies. I was not looking for anything in particular and just like walking around markets in general to kill some time before hitting the bars. I also like the atmos especially in food markets and seeing things I've not eaten before.

I'd read somewhere about a large night market where a lot of Thai people go to eat and thought it may be interesting to see one evening, especially the food. Naklua seems to ring a bell with me, is this in the evening?

Yes it was the market near Tukcom I went to on Tuesday but did not know about Tukcom as I would have liked to see some of the software on offer there.

I also part time sell Orchids in the UK and was wondering about these being offered in the markets as bulbs etc. Problem is understanding what is on offer as they don't know the English names and I don't speak or read Thai.

I asked several of my BG the last time I was there about markets but all only seemed to be able to point me to the one near Tukcom.

Thanks

Hi, thanks for the replies. I was not looking for anything in particular and just like walking around markets in general to kill some time before hitting the bars. I also like the atmos especially in food markets and seeing things I've not eaten before.

I'd read somewhere about a large night market where a lot of Thai people go to eat and thought it may be interesting to see one evening, especially the food. Naklua seems to ring a bell with me, is this in the evening?

Yes it was the market near Tukcom I went to on Tuesday but did not know about Tukcom as I would have liked to see some of the software on offer there.

I also part time sell Orchids in the UK and was wondering about these being offered in the markets as bulbs etc. Problem is understanding what is on offer as they don't know the English names and I don't speak or read Thai.

I asked several of my BG the last time I was there about markets but all only seemed to be able to point me to the one near Tukcom.

Thanks

I've learned that mongers know more about Pat's then most BG's....

The "Tuk-Com" market is a popular one as you can line up on the bars / food joints around the section and watch the BG parade walk through to get clothes / food / with their Customers from last night etc... Most BG's won't hit Jomtein as they are working but that is a big one. Naklua is Sunday morning and is mostly food or a LOT of food. You'll see a lot of thai families getting their food for the day / week etc.. there to take home.

Orchids... you get more plants / planting items out in Jomtein... While I personally don't like the Jomtein area I think all BM's should expand their horizon beyond central Pat's and I personally like taking the bike out that way in the day time. Thailand overall is the one of the worlds leader in exporting tissue culture of orchids, about 6 US cents per vial... What you get in Pat's is the junk and crap, I have only seen hybrids and "junk" being offered in most shops. Don't know if you are looking for unique or not but most of the sellers I've talked to know them as "pretty flower" Due to my quarantine regulations I've gotten some tissue cultures through to my home area...