IGNORED

Just got my 60 day tourist visa!

furryman

One more piece has fallen into place! I picked up my passport from the post office this morning, returned from the Thai Consulate in Los Angeles. Visa sticker is there and all seems to be in order.

It's been under a week since I sent the application in, so they probably processed it and turned it around on the same day.

All I needed to send in was:

* My actual passport

* A photocopy of my passport showing the picture page

* 2 current passport type photos

* Completed application form

* Self addressed and stamped return envelope

Usually there is a $35 visa application fee, but there is a fee waiver in place currently so no fee for tourist visas. Fee waiver is in place until March 31, 2011.

I sent everything down to LA in a priority mail flat rate envelope. I paid extra for signature requirement on the return priority mail envelope. It came out to about $12 postage all together.

40 days in Pattaya here I come!

Edited by furryman

I did the same a year ago. 6 weeks in paradise no charge, those were the days (and still are).

Did you apply to a consulate or an embassy? Some add an 'admin charge'. :Circle_Sharks:

I bet you're excited!

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

I applied at the consulate general in Los Angeles. The only fee was the one that has the waiver right now. It's funny, they sent me a receipt for the waived fee. I don't know if they have the same deal at all of the consulates though.

I applied at the consulate general in Los Angeles. The only fee was the one that has the waiver right now. It's funny, they sent me a receipt for the waived fee. I don't know if they have the same deal at all of the consulates though.

Living in DC I have the advantage of just going to the Thai Embassy. I just filled out the app today and getting all the other stuff in order to get mine. I think I get same day service which is cool. On the application did you put down a reference in Thailand or could you skip that because it is a tourist visa?

I just had a thought. If there is a hot TG working at the Embassy should I maybe ask the Ambassador if I can pay her barfine? :Grin_Jump1: I'll just wait to make sure I have my visa before they throw me out. :GoldenSmile1:

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton

I left the reference line blank.

Yes it is so true ! Read it on this forum that Thailand was waiving it $35.00 visa fee. I have planned a long over due trip to LOS

so it meant staying as long as I could since it maybe sometime before I can return again. I plan to be there from 9-14 thru 10- 21

38 day's. I get 30 days just showing up with my passport , so I thought border run ? maybe I could visit Cambodia.- cost ?

Pay the fine for the 8 days I would have over stayed ? 500 bht per day = 4000 bht - I could use that for " other things "

Answer - Drive to Los Angeles ( Hollywood ) to the Thai Consulate ( married a Thai girl, been there before )

Take as stated (2) 2x2 passport style photo's , I filled out Visa app. ( 1 page down loaded from Thai Consulate web site )

Photo copy of my passport ( picture page ) Get it in there before 11:30 am - traffic was hell from Anaheim ( where I live ) .

Go back the next day between 10am till noon and pick it up no charge. The guy working at the consulate ( a farrang ) helped me

fill in some parts of the app I did not understand and gave me a 60 day visa ( 2 entries ) 60 day's each. ( Hmm.. wish I had more money... )

I even went to my favorite Thai restaurant in Thai Town both days.

Got that and other useful info from this forum. GoldenSmile1.gif

THANKS GUY'S YOU'RE THE BEST !!!!!

Edited by LBL51

I left the reference line blank.

Thank you sir!

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton