IGNORED

Sai Kaew Beach Resort

I haven't seen too much recent info on the accommodations on Koh Samet. There is one post about the Samed Resort Group and the beds being shit. I was looking at Sai Kaew Beach Resort (one of the Samed Resort Group) for a couple of nights toward the end of my trip but at the prices they want I don't think I would be too happy about a shitty little bed.

So has anybody stayed here and if so how was it?

If you are going out of season and monday to friday probably no reason to book. weekends are very busy.

I would stay at sai kaew rather than wong duaan as its just too quiet at night down there. Its been a few years since I was there but I am very sure it was sai kaew resort we stayed in. it was only 1200 baht a night at that time, the rooms were nice, the food in the restaurant was good and cheap and we had a great stay. Of course that was a long time ago and its all pretty much changed by now I guess. Plenty of choices for accomm at sai kaew so get there reasonably early and look around. One tip, make sure that you get the ferry in Ban Phe that is going over to Na Dan which is the pier and only a short distance from sai kaew. many ferries go down the island to wong duan.

also samet is a national park and they will slug you the falang tax to go in.

As above yes just go there and ask to see a few rooms and check the beds, I have stayed at Sakai kaew beach and there are plenty of good places and not busy now, depends on your dates of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=HdD55LHwsNU&feature=related Edited by Daveo

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

• 1 month later...