IGNORED

Japanese good restaurants

In my next holliday november friends visit me in Patt.So i want show them a good sushi restaurant.Where is the best place for this?

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

Soi Yamato at the end of beach Rd.. I will pencil it in for my coming trip... Haven,t eaten sushi since my holidays in NY in 1988.. I did very much enjoyed that time, we dont have any japanese sushi in my town in Ireland.. I will this time in Pattaya...

Whatabout Fuji in Big C? I know the girls like it alot. I ate there and thought it was pretty good.

Fuji is ok but for me its kind of like going to Macdonalds...well worse. Over the last four years I was going an average of twice a week and I have noticed a steady decline in the food and service. I always get some ebi tempura (fried shrimp) to split with the gf and they have gone from being nice big crispy shrimps to tiny little soggy turd and some of their rolls have gotten smaller and less tasty as well. The service is what killed it for me, the servers always seem unhappy and never smile... many times have askd the gf what she wants then walked away without asking me... they bring the food out in such a random order... I will get all my food and a solid 10 minutes later my gf's food will show up or they will bring out a dish of rolls we reminded them we never got after we have finished everything and want the check bin. They also follow the alcohol law so you cant get sake in the middle of the day and for me japanese food just isn't japanese food without some sake.

Like Millard said Zen is great and they have an awesome menu but like Fuji it's a bit commercial for me, I prefer the hole in the wall traditional style spots. Yamato on soi 13/1 is good, have been a bunch of times, on a few of our visits they seemed to be out of stock on everything we wanted and the waitresses seemed like they were on their period but like i said it was only a few times... still go back from time to time.

Recently I found this tiny little spot called Ryo Ri tei and have since fallen in love. It's on 3rd rd past the central rd intersection with tot on your left just after the first 7-11. They have about four or five traditional tables and maybe ten seats at the counter. Only 2-3 servers working there and they always greet us with a smile and actually remember our names and what we like to drink. When you sit down they bring you a cold towel to freshen up and some hot green beans to munch on while you decide on what to fill your gut with and they do a good job of keeping your glasses full and the table clear without hovering. I had a good feeling about the place when I walked in the first time and the only three customers were older japanese expats(who are there almost every night). The menu is nothing like Zen but it's big enough and the prices are decent. The food is great and always taste nice and fresh, most of the time the chef comes out and gives you a hello nod. Like I mentioned I love my sake and this place has the nice big two liter bottles for 1400bht and they last around two or three visits with me hitting it pretty hard which saves a lot of baht as what I drink in one night there would be over 1000bht at Fuji. The great food, awesome service and a pleasant atmosphere have earned them a repeat customer who loves his sushi!

s5.jpg

s.jpg

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

s4.jpg

• Like 2

Living in Pattaya racing motorcycles and drinking like a fish...

Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today

tough call... guess i would say Ryo Ri tei... there pretty close.

I am not much of a sushi fan, but I like Japanese barbecue. Tried AKA a couple of times. Its on 5th or 6th floor in Central Festival.

Quite expensive though :P

He who loses a limb lives on. He who loses his head does not.

• 1 month later...

As far as the chains I like YaYoi, owned by the MK corporation.

http://www.mkrestaurant.com/yayoi/menu.htm

There's also a curry place called CoCo Ichiban, Japanese style curry.

Both are in Central Festival mall.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

• 3 weeks later...
Recently I found this tiny little spot called Ryo Ri tei and have since fallen in love. It's on 3rd rd past the central rd intersection with tot on your left just after the first 7-11.

Some excellent information here! Thanks dirtydog! I've been always looking for a place with authentic japanes food. :Good_Post:

I can't find the place on http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/ - Maybe you could mark and post it here? I'll be back in town in 48 days and (if I can find the place :D) I'll have to try. :Jump_Drool:

I like Fuji, but yes it is a Chain and quality varies from restaurant to restaurant but to compare it to Mcdonalds is a complete joke. Zen is a step up from Fuji for sure.

love me some good japanese food! if you look at the pics i posted there is a map...mmm think im going there tomorrow!

• 2 months later...

Try Shabu Shi by Oishi, top floor of central festival mall. 290B all you can eat and drink. It is great. You get to sit in front of the food train and pick off the dishes as they wizz by. You cook them yourself in a soup in front of you. They also have the pre made tempura and nori rolls etc. Finish off with icecream. You get a time limit though of about 1 hour and 40 min I think.

Edited by gus1

Fuji is ok but for me its kind of like going to Macdonalds...well worse. Over the last four years I was going an average of twice a week and I have noticed a steady decline in the food and service. I always get some ebi tempura (fried shrimp) to split with the gf and they have gone from being nice big crispy shrimps to tiny little soggy turd and some of their rolls have gotten smaller and less tasty as well. The service is what killed it for me, the servers always seem unhappy and never smile... many times have askd the gf what she wants then walked away without asking me... they bring the food out in such a random order... I will get all my food and a solid 10 minutes later my gf's food will show up or they will bring out a dish of rolls we reminded them we never got after we have finished everything and want the check bin. They also follow the alcohol law so you cant get sake in the middle of the day and for me japanese food just isn't japanese food without some sake.

Like Millard said Zen is great and they have an awesome menu but like Fuji it's a bit commercial for me, I prefer the hole in the wall traditional style spots. Yamato on soi 13/1 is good, have been a bunch of times, on a few of our visits they seemed to be out of stock on everything we wanted and the waitresses seemed like they were on their period but like i said it was only a few times... still go back from time to time.

Recently I found this tiny little spot called Ryo Ri tei and have since fallen in love. It's on 3rd rd past the central rd intersection with tot on your left just after the first 7-11. They have about four or five traditional tables and maybe ten seats at the counter. Only 2-3 servers working there and they always greet us with a smile and actually remember our names and what we like to drink. When you sit down they bring you a cold towel to freshen up and some hot green beans to munch on while you decide on what to fill your gut with and they do a good job of keeping your glasses full and the table clear without hovering. I had a good feeling about the place when I walked in the first time and the only three customers were older japanese expats(who are there almost every night). The menu is nothing like Zen but it's big enough and the prices are decent. The food is great and always taste nice and fresh, most of the time the chef comes out and gives you a hello nod. Like I mentioned I love my sake and this place has the nice big two liter bottles for 1400bht and they last around two or three visits with me hitting it pretty hard which saves a lot of baht as what I drink in one night there would be over 1000bht at Fuji. The great food, awesome service and a pleasant atmosphere have earned them a repeat customer who loves his sushi!

post-23090-070281200 1279342521.jpg

Dirtdog I really want to thank you, this is the best Japanese place in Pattaya. Actually more of a izakaya which i have not been able to find in Pattaya until now. This will become one of my new locals.

Sashmi salad was awesome and i enjoyed sitting at the Japanese style tables and speaking Japanese i with the staff and chef. Great environment and has that small town feeling.

Recently I found this tiny little spot called Ryo Ri tei

Well, this place is awesome. Been there several times. The sake was delicious and so was the food. The place is rather small and there's a bit of an ambient atmosphere. The staff was even able to speak some japanese with me. :D So big thanks for the hint about this hidden gem.

Here are some pictures (which you'll also be able to see in the upcoming TR) of the restaurant:

img1946.jpg

img1947.jpg

img1948.jpg

img1949.jpg

img1950.jpg

img2127.jpg

img2128.jpg

img2129.jpg

img2130.jpg

img2131.jpg

img2133.jpg

img2134.jpg

img2135.jpg

img2136.jpg

Hi Mr. Unix. Nice pics. The japanese food looks very good. I'm already looking forward to your TR.

Pattaya: You can checkout any time you like - but you can never leave - Eagles

Hi guys, I tried to find this place today but couldn't. I went to the intersection of central and 3rd road. Walked north and south along 3rd road for about 100m but couldn' see it ?

Cheers

Edited by gus1

Hi guys, I tried to find this place today but couldn't. I went to the intersection of central and 3rd round. Walked north and south along 3rd road for about 100m but couldn' see it ?

Cheers

it is North, past the empty field with the buses... keep walking about 5 minutes and you will see it. small place.

Hi guys, I tried to find this place today but couldn't. I went to the intersection of central and 3rd road. Walked north and south along 3rd road for about 100m but couldn' see it ?

You won't find it there. Get yourself a motorsai driver and tell him you want to go to the intersection of Chaloem Phrakiat Gao and Sai Sam. Turn left, it's the first shop after the 7/11. :)

Another +1 for Ryo Ri Tei! I ate there last night with my girl and we both really enjoyed the food. It is definitely an authentic Japanese restaurant and the staff is very attentive/friendly.

I did notice they aren't open early for lunch. I had gone by earlier in the day while out exploring the city (wanted to make sure I knew where it was hehe) and noticed their hours are now 5pm-midnight.

Someday, somebody will ski that

• 3 weeks later...

went to zen today. Was decent enough.

steak set

Tonkatsu set

Avacado Maki

Iced Tea

Green tea

was around 550 Baht.

Fuji - For good quality food and value for money. Location (Big C. Carrefour and Central Festival)

Zen - Bit more expensive, some better quality steak and fish options etc. Location (Central Festival and Royal Garden Plaza)

Benihana - Very expensive but very very good (Royal Garden Plaza)

• 2 weeks later...

i'm a japanse food freak, the best restaurants are in BKK so far.

in Patts i like the one in Soi Yamato, original style but a bit pricy, never been to the one in 3rd road but i will check soon for sure.

Fuji ok for a quick meal, always fresh.

one of the best i ever visit is Koi restaurant in Sukhumvit Soi 20 (BKK).

Dirtdog I really want to thank you, this is the best Japanese place in Pattaya. Actually more of a izakaya which i have not been able to find in Pattaya until now. This will become one of my new locals.

Sashmi salad was awesome and i enjoyed sitting at the Japanese style tables and speaking Japanese i with the staff and chef. Great environment and has that small town feeling.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! i went by ryo ri tei on new years day and they were closed... as i walked away the door opened and one of the staff apologized for being closed and told me they are closing down and moving back north because mom is sick. when they said "restaurant finished" it was like a knife in my heart.... my super number one favorite restaurant in pattaya is gone and i didnt even get to have a last meal there.... now i dont even feel like eating japanese food.