IGNORED

Land

earicome

If it is correct that you can't buy land in Thailand, is this still the case when you have a retirement visa?

Any response appreciated

Eari

Falang can't own land in Thailand.

But theres various schemes to get around it.

Setting up a company to own the land. i think this has got more difficult.

Or putting it in the name of a thai wife or friend. This obviously has its own dangerous.

Going this route to avoid the laws of Thailand is also fraud and could carry a heavy sentance. All this really means is that if there was a divorce you can't turn around and say the land wasn't a gift and you only put it in her name to avoid the law.

Others will be able to help far more than my badly explained attempt.

would not advise it. keep your money in your home country and trickle it out there monthly if you are living in LOS. Just rent a place its cheap and you remain mobile should you need to change location.

Buying property in your homeland is usually a good idea - I have seen too many people come to grief from such purchases in LOS and Philippines.