IGNORED

Communication Problem

wetwillie

I hope somebody in Pattaya can give me a hand. I've been trying to get some info from Pattaya Water Park about taking some kids there and trying to get a group rate. Whoever I spoke to on the phone wasn't able to understand me and my e-mails to them have gone unanswered. Can somebody stop by there and see about a rate. I'm thinking probably 15 -20 kids at the most and it would be for the second week of October.

Thanks WW

You will definably get the discount offer for a group of 20 persons. You need to search on the web for that water park website and get the contact details. You try and ask for that. I am sure they will definably offer the discount.

We must be the change we want to see

I hope somebody in Pattaya can give me a hand. I've been trying to get some info from Pattaya Water Park about taking some kids there and trying to get a group rate. Whoever I spoke to on the phone wasn't able to understand me and my e-mails to them have gone unanswered. Can somebody stop by there and see about a rate. I'm thinking probably 15 -20 kids at the most and it would be for the second week of October.

Thanks WW

Are you just wanting to know how much it would cost for budget purposes, or are you in a position to make a booking?

Do you know already what the standard admission is?

I presume these are Thai kids?

Adults in the party?

If you clue me up I'll try to get the Thai GF to find out.

I'm pretty sure they dual price down there.

I would strongly advise anyone NOT to go here. It’s a total death trap. I was there with my daughter and her friends. One of her friends is about 5, she went down one of the long slides and when she entered the splash pool she could not tread water and was drowning roughly 1 meter from a life guard who just looked at her. I had to run and jump in and pull her up.

A british kid drowned there last year and his family were basically laughed at when asked for a reason why the kid was able to be sucked into the pools pumping system

Went to the zoo today. Spent ages at the camel enclosure, looking at their toes. They look nothing like a fanny. Disappointing.

Are you just wanting to know how much it would cost for budget purposes, or are you in a position to make a booking?

Do you know already what the standard admission is?

I presume these are Thai kids?

Adults in the party?

If you clue me up I'll try to get the Thai GF to find out.

I'm pretty sure they dual price down there.

Hey Edge,

Defiantly for budget purposes :D I will make a booking in advance if I have to but I'm trying to keep options open concerning the date. What I'm trying to do is line up an outing for some of the kids at Pattaya Orphanage so yes they would be Thais. Their will be some adults (probably a few farangs too) but I'm not sure how many. I have no idea what the admission is for Thai or Farang since my attempts to communicate with them have failed.

Thanks,

WW

Hey Edge,

Defiantly for budget purposes :D I will make a booking in advance if I have to but I'm trying to keep options open concerning the date. What I'm trying to do is line up an outing for some of the kids at Pattaya Orphanage so yes they would be Thais. Their will be some adults (probably a few farangs too) but I'm not sure how many. I have no idea what the admission is for Thai or Farang since my attempts to communicate with them have failed.

Thanks,

WW

OK, it might be a few days but I'll find out. There is only one way and that's a Thai at the ticket booth and no, I wouldn't pre-book.

TBH I would presume there would be 2/3 Thais from the Orphanage need to go with them and they would be well capable of sorting the correct price. If you can get the Thai price I doubt you'll be too worried about discount.

Aren't you in touch with the Orphanage about the plan and couldn't they tell you?

OK, it might be a few days but I'll find out. There is only one way and that's a Thai at the ticket booth and no, I wouldn't pre-book.

TBH I would presume there would be 2/3 Thais from the Orphanage need to go with them and they would be well capable of sorting the correct price. If you can get the Thai price I doubt you'll be too worried about discount.

Aren't you in touch with the Orphanage about the plan and couldn't they tell you?

Hey Edge,

Thanks. I've been in contact with the orphanage about visiting and bring some donations but haven't talked about an outing yet. I wanted to find out about prices first to see if it was going to be too expensive or not.

Hey Edge,

Thanks. I've been in contact with the orphanage about visiting and bring some donations but haven't talked about an outing yet. I wanted to find out about prices first to see if it was going to be too expensive or not.

OK, leave it with me a few days.

Hey Edge,

OK here's where we're at -

First I should say that the GF was married to an English guy here who was a Freemason and Rotarian active in Pattaya. She's been involved in some outings such as you describe. She can be a bit scathing in her criticisms sometimes. She speaks of one farang who took a large group from the Blind School to the beach to smell the sea and feel the sand. She was asked to help walk them along like a train of ants and she wasn't impressed.

That's a bit negative but it illustrates the point of one Q - do you know for sure that the children would actually enjoy the swimming at Pattaya Park as Thais are not renowned for swimming?

I have suggested that she pops in at the Orphanage and asks the Management what they think the kids would enjoy most. The GF thinks the Tiger Zoo would be a better idea so she may come back with that answer - if you know what I mean.

She went to PP yesterday and another Q arising is about disabled children. There are quite a few at Pattaya Orphanage - would you exclude them as PP cannot accommodate them?

Pricing - She hasn't got a discounted quote yet as the Manager wasn't there.

The standard prices are 100 baht for the Water Park and 150 baht for the Fun Park i.e. 5k baht for 20 children. If you guessed that at 5k you could also get a couple of teachers/carers and up to 4 farang in you probably wouldn't be far out. They do dual price there and they want to know if any of the farang live here - eg. have Thai Driving Licence. The price difference is considerable. She may have to lie a little and may have to meet you and get you in if you go through with it (but she will not swim lol). All the same pricing principles apply if you switched to the Tiger Zoo.

I'm sure you mean Pattaya Orphanage as

but there are other institutions she's been involved with eg Fr.Ray and asked me to make sure.