IGNORED

Thai Lesson for £17 an hour

pimpgreen

I'm currently taking Thai lessons with a tutor from Thailand based in London, she's very good and is currently teaching me the Thai alphabet

and numbers, she's kinda short of students and shes a sweet girl, so I figured I'd ask you guys if your interested in a few

lessons, so if your interested PM me and I'll give you her contact details...PLEASE ONLY GUYS THAT ARE SERIOUS..

What area of London is she located in?

Do you visit her or does she visit you?

I am interested... Have been looking for a tutor for some time.

What area of London is she located in?

Do you visit her or does she visit you?

I am interested... Have been looking for a tutor for some time.

Shes based in NW London, Uxbridge area I think, but she'll visit you,

or you can come to her place..

Thanks bud... Would you mind pm'ing the details to me.

Not to hijack the thread, but for those interested in learning thai, recently I have noticed a number of thai girls offering tuition via skype. As they are based in thailand, the rates are incredibly cheap. I personally know of 2, and have checked them out on skype and it was very good!

It could be a good idea to shop around and check out these types of programs, however the downside is you dont get to perve over a thai girl in the flesh :)

pimpgreen - if you post her pic, im sure there will be a lot more attention lol

*edit - £17 per hour seems a bit steep - does she do discounts if you book multiple lessons?

Edited by culvers

You can get it cheaper by going to the local Thai temple, but of course you have to travel and pay for fuel.

It could be a good idea to shop around and check out these types of programs, however the downside is you dont get to perve over a thai girl in the flesh :)

pimpgreen - if you post her pic, im sure there will be a lot more attention lol

*edit - £17 per hour seems a bit steep - does she do discounts if you book multiple lessons?

If you're seriously considering learning the language, what does it matter what the person looks like. I'm sure the OP would rather avoid passing on details to someone who is going to sit there drooling or making inane comments. Not every Thai is a hooker or appreciates this sort of behaviour. £17 is a moderate amount for a competent language teacher. My friend is learning Cantonese (in a group) and paying considerably more than that. I can count myself lucky as I've managed to find a university educated, native Thai speaker for £10 per lesson including printed material and mp3 files.

If you're seriously considering learning the language, what does it matter what the person looks like. I'm sure the OP would rather avoid passing on details to someone who is going to sit there drooling or making inane comments. Not every Thai is a hooker or appreciates this sort of behaviour. £17 is a moderate amount for a competent language teacher. My friend is learning Cantonese (in a group) and paying considerably more than that. I can count myself lucky as I've managed to find a university educated, native Thai speaker for £10 per lesson including printed material and mp3 files.

I dont need to be lectured, my post was clearly light hearted.

You can get it cheaper by going to the local Thai temple, but of course you have to travel and pay for fuel.

I have enquired about that, they only do lessons for kids nowadays.

Anyone that may be considering a more formal, long-term method may consider getting in touch with SOAS in London. The benefit of a group environment is that you may find a fellow student to practice with away from the classroom, which is a big help in learning. Obviously not as flexible as mentioned in OP, but may suit some.

Download Pimsleur Thai and you can learn yourself on your own time and at your own pace.

I would only use a teacher and at (£17 an hour) only if i was looking to get advanced lessons but for the basics this is a waste of money imo.

Download Pimsleur Thai and you can learn yourself on your own time and at your own pace.

I would only use a teacher and at (£17 an hour) only if i was looking to get advanced lessons but for the basics this is a waste of money imo.

I disagree. With the Thai language you've got to get the basics right, and that means tones. The only effective way to get it right is with feedback from a Thai speaker. You might kid yourself that you are getting it right by following a CD / online course...until you get the blank stare from everyone you try to talk to. I've also found that the books and courses are totally inflexible and most teach old-fashioned or stilted versions of the language. You will not learn about the modern Thai way of speaking or commonly used variations. Invaluable IMHO.