IGNORED

Brazilian BBQ place by Central Market

I tried running a general search to see if I could any feedback on the Brazilian BBQ place by Central Market (don't know the name), but came up empty.

Does anyone know the name of this place?

Is it an all-you-can-eat place, where the waiters walk around with meat on big skewers and slice it off for you at your table (very popular concept here in U.S.)? I'm sure there are technical terms for all of this, but I don't know them (I just know I love the food)

Anyone have any experiences with this particular restaurant? How is the food quality? How pricey is it?

It's a churrascaria in portuguese, basically an Portuguese/Brazilian steakhouse. It's all you can eat bbq'd meat (some chicken, beef, pork, and last time I was there some shark) as well as a decent salad bar. Pricing isn't too bad, as far as I remember TG and I had a couple drinks as well as the all you can eat and it came to less a 1000 baht (considering it's generally ~$35 in the US, 40-45 in HK/Macau and $60 in Singapore) it's quite a good deal.

As always at these places, the best thing is the pineapple for dessert!

I ate there twice and both times it was excellent. They have an assortment of beef, fish, shrimp, chicken and pork. The salad bar and sides are good and they had all you can drink house red wine included. I dont remember the exact price but I remember thinking how good a deal it was so I know it was fairly cheap.

its called Zico's, i think its usually 750 baht per head for all u can eat whick is 6pm onwards, and on sat night its 999 baht all u can eat and all u can drink wine. been before quite good food, lots of variety. i liked the turkey and the australian beef

I'm not familiar with Central Market. Are you referring to Central Festival Mall on 2nd Road and Soi 9?

Sorry - yes, Central Festival Mall. I don't know why I always get confused and call it "Central Market" - maybe because I went to the market on the bottom floor to buy a bunch of produce and drinks for my room last time.

Thanks to others for the feedback! I think I will plan to go there and check it out on my next trip (but we ALL know how "plans" work out once we hit the ground!)

A decent place all round as a restaurant - but don't set your sites to high if looking at the place as a Brazilian BBQ. The selection of meat/cuts is not that wide or necessarily typical of a Brazilian BBQ (no chicken hearts, no bacon wraps, and once the only chicken they had where mini drum sticks), and they don't have any feijoada (a traditional bean soup).

It has been a number of months since I have been and they seem to vary the meat selection somewhat so you might have a different experience. Regardless of the selection I have still enjoyed myself on each visit, and thought it was a good value - it just did not live up to my expectations as a Brazilian BBQ.

For a typical westerner this place is a decent value for the money, but it has been nearly a waste every time I have taken a Thai bird.

Feijoada is not a soup but a stew which is considered the national dish of Brazil. I have visited Brazilian BBQ's in Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo and I've never seen Feijoada offered as part of the meal. I'll be going to Sao Paulo again this coming November, so I want to sample some real Brazilian Feijoada as I've missed out the last three trips I've made to Brazil!

Feijoada__transmontada.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feijoada

Edited by Owl

Owl

The food is OK but they have turned the Caiparinha into a ladies drink, served in a tall glass with and umbrella etc. They use real cachaca but then f*ck it up.

Taoism: sh*t happens

Buddhism: if sh*t happens, it isn't really sh*t

Islam: if sh*t happens, it is the will of Allah

Catholicism: if sh*t happens, you deserve it

Judaism: why does this sh*t always happen to us?

Atheism: I don't believe this sh*t

The food is quite good with a selection of different meats (including imported beef) and seafood, there is also a salad bar. From what I remember if you go Mon-Thu after 9pm the price is B500 + tax. I can't remember the full price but I think it was B1,000 + tax.

http://pattayatoday.net/entertainment/dining-out/zico’s-bar-and-grill-dine-to-the-brazilian-beat/

Zicos-Restaurant2.jpg

Brazilians love their party drinks and here at Zico’s they are extravagant concoctions. Caipirinhas are the traditional good-time drinks made from distilled sugar cane liquor (called Cachaca) and limes muddled with ice so we commenced the proceedings with a tall glass of this famous cocktail. A selection of sauces and garlic bread is served on the table and after nibbling on these it was time to move to the salad buffet.

The cost for this extraordinary meal is B.750 which includes the salad bar, (all you can eat) barbequed meats and fish plus an array of satisfying side dishes. An abundant selection of every conceivable salad is offered together with dressings, oils and pickles; try the Russian salad, or the ham and peas, beetroot, Kibutz or mixed vegetables with sausages or beef. So many choices. Resist the temptation to over-indulge as the serious eating will begin shortly.

The unusual concept of “stop and go” disks is innovative and extremely practical. You will be served the non-stop parade of barbequed items while your disc is on green, flip it to red and the service will stop, flip it back and service will continue.

Servers or passadors pass through the tables with sword-like rotisserie skewers speared with a large selection of char-grilled meats and fish; this is called rodizio service. Huge spears of succulent pink duck, giant prawns, salmon, crispy chicken and tender pork were my favourites while across the table Mick was tucking into the spicy sausages, juicy lamb, and tenderest of beef tenderloin and top side. The passadors also offer grilled hot pineapple which makes for a wonderful palate refreshener between courses. Hot accompaniments: pasta with meat sauce, hash potatoes with bacon, sautéed mushrooms, rice and mashed potatoes sit on their warming plates awaiting your selection.

Vegetarians are catered for with grilled vegetable skewers plus the salad bar and side dishes for B.500.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

I tried running a general search to see if I could any feedback on the Brazilian BBQ place by Central Market (don't know the name), but came up empty.

Does anyone know the name of this place?

Is it an all-you-can-eat place, where the waiters walk around with meat on big skewers and slice it off for you at your table (very popular concept here in U.S.)? I'm sure there are technical terms for all of this, but I don't know them (I just know I love the food)

Anyone have any experiences with this particular restaurant? How is the food quality? How pricey is it?

The restaurant is named after the legendary brazilian football player Zico. They have 2 brazilian girls doing a little samba there every night. they have been in pattaya for around 1½ year now. they live in the big building just next to the big shopping center. the brazilian meat/bbq is one of the best you will find on this planet but not in Zico. the meat is not brazilian. dont expect to get the same bbq experience.

i wonder who the genius who thought of mixing Brazilian and Thai?

May try pick up one of the Brazilian dancers next time, and mix in a lovely little Thai spinner....

dreams. all I have till next trip....

i wonder who the genius who thought of mixing Brazilian and Thai?

May try pick up one of the Brazilian dancers next time, and mix in a lovely little Thai spinner....

dreams. all I have till next trip....

that would be another interesting mix worth trying :Buddy1:

• 4 weeks later...

I like it there and the Samba girls are hot! Food is good and for sure you won't be hungry any more when you're leaving.

Hi mate

I have been 5 times now with the wife, every time was good, best time was on a sat for us, wine and dine for 2 hours for 1000 baht

Good selection of meats and seafood, non bloddy stop if you want, around 20 types of salad, which you can just pay for, allso some small side dishes, veg/rice/stew etc

The staff where very nice, allways chatting and asking if we want more food, you get a disk, red one side and green the other, red is stop, full for now, green is keep it comeing

You will enjoy, i am sure

Dirty

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

me and the wife went last sat night for the 999b free flow wine its really very good and its cheap if you think that tonight we are going to mata hari and it will cost me 3000b for two bottles of wine alone.my wife loves the salad bar at zicos says its the best in town by a country mile.