IGNORED

Tourist visa to uk for GF

pleasantpheasant

how easy would it be to get a tourist visa for my GF. ok she works in respectful hairdressing salon in bangkok, has one child from previous relationship not sure if she owns any land. ok i dont have any money, no job in uk, no money in uk but i can get my family to sponsor her. I also dont have emails from her as we live togeather in bangkok and have no need to email each other. any advice would be good as i havnt got a clue and as for her she thought suranthanni was another country.

cheers

P

how easy would it be to get a tourist visa for my GF. ok she works in respectful hairdressing salon in bangkok, has one child from previous relationship not sure if she owns any land. ok i dont have any money, no job in uk, no money in uk but i can get my family to sponsor her. I also dont have emails from her as we live togeather in bangkok and have no need to email each other. any advice would be good as i havnt got a clue and as for her she thought suranthanni was another country.

cheers

P

Well having done this some years ago i can speak with a little knowledge based on my experience but i would advise you to talk to someone like thaivisa.com which is located in soi lk and i believe he is member on this board too, i have heard many favourable comments on his service and his expertise in this matter. But at a quick glance at your post i would say slim too non existant im affraid becos your and her present financial situation and proof of a relationship which means only one answer from Embassy which iv heard a million times by others including myself , Visa has been denied due to the possibility and probability of her not returning home after her stay. :unsure: Having said that many are also sucessful in obtaining visa for gf , it is also a very exspensive process and very frustrating at times . I wish you both well in obtaining a visa and strongly recommend a reputable visa agency as it can be a bit of a minefield if you choose to do it yourself.

hi there, i wuldnt say it was impossible, last year i was in a similar position to you, i was staying 3mths at a time with my g/friend, had no job in uk had no home in uk but still got her visa for holiday to visit my family, she had respectable job, 2 kids and no money as such, i had not sent her emails as yourself no need to i was there with her,i didnt have money as such but managed to get enough in my bank to satisfy them i could keep us for the 3mth she spent with me in uk, there is ways things can be done friend so dont give up hope, if you need any more help as last bm says go to a visa agent, i did and was worth it for us, good luck

hi,

she gets a visa for 6 months even if you only want to go for 2 weeks.

just word the application correctly and you will be fine.

its not about income its about how long you will stay and where you will stay,and she will have a reason to come back to thailand

good luck with it

The entry clearance officer will be looking for her to satisfy paragraph 41 of the immigration rules :

41. The requirements to be met by a person seeking leave to enter the United Kingdom as a general visitor are that he:

(i) is genuinely seeking entry as a general visitor for a limited period as stated by him, not exceeding 6 months or not exceeding 12 months in the case of a person seeking entry to accompany an academic visitor, provided in the latter case the visitor accompanying the academic visitor has entry clearance; and

(ii) Intends to leave the United Kingdom at the end of the period of the visit as stated by him; and

(iii) Does not intend to take employment in the United Kingdom; and

(iv) Does not intend to produce goods or provide services within the United Kingdom, including the selling of goods or services direct to members of the public; and

(v) Does not intend to undertake a course of study; and

(vi) will maintain and accommodate himself and any dependants adequately out of resources available to him without recourse to public funds or taking employment; or will, with any dependants, be maintained and accommodated adequately by relatives or friends; and

(vii) Can meet the cost of the return or onward journey.; and

(viii) Is not a child under the age of 18.

(ix) does not intend to do any of the activities provided for in paragraphs 46G (iii), 46M (iii) or 46S (iii);

and

(x) Does not, during his visit, intend to marry or form a civil partnership, or to give notice of marriage or civil partnership; and

(xi) Does not intend to receive private medical treatment during his visit; and

(xii) Is not in transit to a country outside the common travel area.

However should the eco believe she will not return he may refuse the application.

If you require professional help feel free to contact me.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

• 3 weeks later...

The entry clearance officer will be looking for her to satisfy paragraph 41 of the immigration rules :

41. The requirements to be met by a person seeking leave to enter the United Kingdom as a general visitor are that he:

(i) is genuinely seeking entry as a general visitor for a limited period as stated by him, not exceeding 6 months or not exceeding 12 months in the case of a person seeking entry to accompany an academic visitor, provided in the latter case the visitor accompanying the academic visitor has entry clearance; and

(ii) Intends to leave the United Kingdom at the end of the period of the visit as stated by him; and

(iii) Does not intend to take employment in the United Kingdom; and

(iv) Does not intend to produce goods or provide services within the United Kingdom, including the selling of goods or services direct to members of the public; and

(v) Does not intend to undertake a course of study; and

(vi) will maintain and accommodate himself and any dependants adequately out of resources available to him without recourse to public funds or taking employment; or will, with any dependants, be maintained and accommodated adequately by relatives or friends; and

(vii) Can meet the cost of the return or onward journey.; and

(viii) Is not a child under the age of 18.

(ix) does not intend to do any of the activities provided for in paragraphs 46G (iii), 46M (iii) or 46S (iii);

and

(x) Does not, during his visit, intend to marry or form a civil partnership, or to give notice of marriage or civil partnership; and

(xi) Does not intend to receive private medical treatment during his visit; and

(xii) Is not in transit to a country outside the common travel area.

However should the eco believe she will not return he may refuse the application.

wow, this is very helpful. i am looking to bring a cambodian to the UK. the intention being for him to experience it for up to 6 months and then for us to decide where we will marry and settle. do you think that if we put this overall intention on the form the visitor visa would be rejected? many thanks

I think her biggest obstacle to getting a visa is proving that she has access to enough funds to pay the expenses of staying in the UK for the duration of her holiday. You not having a job or money makes the chance of her getting a visa pretty close to zero, IMO.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Looked on the UK Visa website they have added something about " because everyones skint people are putting parents down as guarantors "and they aren't being received too well.

I would advise you contact me and I will asses and goive you an honest answer to all of your questions.

We have many visa experts in Thailand etc many have never even applied for a visa.

Regards Paul

00668-01022328

Thai Visa Express

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

We have many visa experts in Thailand etc many have never even applied for a visa.

How very true...

Just got this back seems to be in understandable english ha ha

Thank you for the enquiry.

Please note first of all that you cannot apply for a visa on your friend’s behalf. She must apply for a visa herself if she wishes to come to the UK on a visit.

It is not essential to have a sponsor if all the costs of the visit will be borne by the visitor, though even in these cases it can be helpful.

Sponsorship by invitation is not a legal requirement. It is, however, something that the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) will take into account when assessing the visa application. The ECO's primary concern will be the applicant's intentions and personal and financial circumstances. That said, sponsorship is not to be taken lightly and, if you are offering financial support and/or accommodation, the ECO may require confirmation of your ability, as well as willingness, to do so.

As it is common for the Entry Clearance Officer to ask for the following, the sponsor may wish to supply this with the letter of invitation:

- the sponsor's bank statements for the past six months if the sponsor has undertaken to meet wholly or mainly the costs of the visit; and

- evidence that adequate accommodation is available. This can be documented by a copy of the Council Tax bill and/or Rent Book/Contract if the visitor is to be accommodated in the sponsor's home.

The Immigration Rules require that a visitor 'will maintain and accommodate him[/her]self adequately out of resources available to him[/her] without recourse to public funds or taking employment; or will , be maintained and accommodated adequately by relatives or friends.' The Entry Clearance Officer is then charged to assess, on the balance of probabilities, whether this requirement, amongst others, is met.

The applicant can be asked to supply evidence of funds, even if the UK Sponsor is providing financial support and accommodation during the Visit. This can show the Entry Clearance Officer that the applicant's financial circumstances are such that he or she is well established in his or her own country, and has the intention to leave the UK at the end of the visit.

While the fact that you may be supporting and accommodating your friend during her visit will be taken into account, it is the intentions and circumstances of the applicant which are of paramount importance when deciding whether a Visa is issued or not.

Sent by:

Public Enquiries [J],Customer Services,

Visa Services Directorate, International Group,

UK Border Agency, c/o Lunar House,

40 Wellesley Road, Croydon CR9 2BY

Web-site: www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas

The problem you will have is demonstrating your relationship is real as you have no real records etc of close contact.

Thai Visa Express

The problem you will have is demonstrating your relationship is real as you have no real records etc of close contact.

Eh!!!??? While the OP doesn't state how long they have been living together he may be able to state that he is in a de-facto relationship with her.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Eh!!!??? While the OP doesn't state how long they have been living together he may be able to state that he is in a de-facto relationship with her.

They need proof of that, normally Emails, hotel receipts on both your names is good enough. But going in and saying ,"I have known her for years" doesn't work as for all they know you could have met her 20 minutes before in a toilet.

Went to the zoo today. Spent ages at the camel enclosure, looking at their toes. They look nothing like a fanny. Disappointing.

They need proof of that, normally Emails, hotel receipts on both your names is good enough. But going in and saying ,"I have known her for years" doesn't work as for all they know you could have met her 20 minutes before in a toilet.

A letter from the owner of the accommodation where they stay should be enough. A stat dec also works wonders. BTW I have had contact with a guy who more or less met a girl more or less '20 minutes before in a toilet' and got her a visa for Australia. Well, he met her on one trip and applied before he went home.

IMO people put too much emphasis on a relationship being a good basis for getting a TG a tourist visa. It is a tourist visa that she is applying for, not a relationship visa. I think the only reason a relationship comes into it is that it is a reason for you providing her with funds and support. It may also go a little towards her being more likely to abide by the terms of the visa. Her abiding by the terms of the visa is the thing that are interested in after criminal and security issues. I believe many Thais get visas to visit countries such as the UK and Australia without even knowing anyone in the country they want to visit.

A letter from the owner of the accommodation where they stay should be enough. A stat dec also works wonders. BTW I have had contact with a guy who more or less met a girl more or less '20 minutes before in a toilet' and got her a visa for Australia. Well, he met her on one trip and applied before he went home.

IMO people put too much emphasis on a relationship being a good basis for getting a TG a tourist visa. It is a tourist visa that she is applying for, not a relationship visa. I think the only reason a relationship comes into it is that it is a reason for you providing her with funds and support. It may also go a little towards her being more likely to abide by the terms of the visa. Her abiding by the terms of the visa is the thing that are interested in after criminal and security issues. I believe many Thais get visas to visit countries such as the UK and Australia without even knowing anyone in the country they want to visit.

Ok mate that makes sense. But it does help a lot if you have some sort of documentation to show them.

Went to the zoo today. Spent ages at the camel enclosure, looking at their toes. They look nothing like a fanny. Disappointing.

Are you advising on Australian Visa applications ?

As I keep saying we have a lot of experts who have never been through the process or have many years ago each application is different and judged on its own merits. The UK/BA have recently become very strict ringing employees etc everything must be correct, we had one recent case the embassy tried to contact the applicant to verify some information over a period of 3 days she never answered so they refused the application.

Australian & UK applications are totally different we process a lot of these applications without you having any application experience of the UK system and the general grounds for refusal how can you comment ?

Example : you have little or no economic ties to your host country, you are currently unemployed with little or no assets !

Example : You claim to live with your partner in Thailand other than a few odd photographs and a rental agreement you have not supplied any evidence that your relationship is subsisting.

Regards Paul

Edited by Thai Visa Express

Thai Visa Express

Are you advising on Australian Visa applications ?

As I keep saying we have a lot of experts who have never been through the process or have many years ago each application is different and judged on its own merits. The UK/BA have recently become very strict ringing employees etc everything must be correct, we had one recent case the embassy tried to contact the applicant to verify some information over a period of 3 days she never answered so they refused the application.

Australian & UK applications are totally different we process a lot of these applications without you having any application experience of the UK system and the general grounds for refusal how can you comment ?

Example : you have little or no economic ties to your host country, you are currently unemployed with little or no assets !

Example : You claim to live with your partner in Thailand other than a few odd photographs and a rental agreement you have not supplied any evidence that your relationship is subsisting.

Regards Paul

Are you suggesting that nobody but you (or other agents) post their opinons on visa related questions?

The UK system is totally different to the Australian visa application in my opinion they are alot stricter and you would struggle to get a visa if you have only known a girl 3 months however this seems to be no problem with the Australian migration authorities.

Thai Visa Express