IGNORED

Etihad & Qatar Air

billybob69

Hi,

As the title suggests, for those that have flown with either Etihad and / or Qatar airways, what are they like?

I'm currently looking at multidestination flights (flying in Manila and out of BKK) and these are the only airlines that are doing decent prices.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

bb69

Hi,

As the title suggests, for those that have flown with either Etihad and / or Qatar airways, what are they like?

I'm currently looking at multidestination flights (flying in Manila and out of BKK) and these are the only airlines that are doing decent prices.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

bb69

They're both very good airlines along with Emirates as well.I've flown with all 3 and have never had a problem,good planes,food,in flight entertainment,hostess's,airports.

You won't have any problems.

I usually flight with Qatar when going to LoS. There is always a stop en route to Doha but they are well priced and the international flights all have movies on demand - always a bonus. I recommend them.

done Etihad many times, everything is top notch with them

Qatar are meant to be "the worlds 5 star airline" according to their adds..they are meant to be very good

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

I flew with both of them for my last two trips. Qatar airways was superior

Have flown with both but would put Qatar ahead on service. But with all airlines it all depends on the mood/quality of the cabin crew on that particular plane

You have the right to remain silent, anything you do say will be taken out of context and used against you!

I flew with Qatar Airways on my last trip in May. It is a very nice airline, and the prices are fairly cheap but they are going up every day. Now that more people are starting to use them, it seems... You have plenty of space, and the seats are pretty comfortable. You also have an On Demand screen on the back of each seat, so that you can control what you watch or listen to. I was traveling from Dubai, with a lay over in Doha. Very pleasant flight and staff. But like most airline food, try to eat before you get on the plane because it isn't very good!

I have flown with Etihad a few times and have found them to be a very good airline. Good inflight entertainment and the staff are very helpful.

One note of caution: I fly from Manchester(UK) So with Etihad its a schedule flight from Manchester to Abu Dahbi and then another schedule flight from abu dhabi to Bangkok. When I first flew with them I would only be in transit at abu Dhabi for about 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Nowadays depending on what day you fly you could be in transit at abu dhabi for at least 12 hours

Thanks all for your replies.

Not a bad (so far) word said against them.

done Etihad many times, everything is top notch with them

Qatar are meant to be "the worlds 5 star airline" according to their adds..they are meant to be very good

I didn't realise that they were that good. I always thought that they were in the bargain basement league of airlines!

The reason that I asked is that I was planning a multi-destination trip to Manila and BKK and they were giving the best prices. I've since read about the SkyTeams "Asia Pass", but no idea how to arrange one (it only says to contact your travel agent).

Anyone booked one before?

Come to think of it, I might start a new thread on it.

bb69

I fly from Manchester to BKK , and have used both Etihad and Qatar airlines, both give excellent service , would highly recommend them :10of10Score:

2 very good airline with preference for Etihad.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

i flew with qatar once and am a gold member with etihad,qatar are brilliant but i find the service on eithad top notch,also the frequent flyer benefits with etihad are great

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

I Have flown with both, and for the same price i will preferd Quatar than ethiad.

Quatar airlines looks better customer service and smile.

Flown both a few times. As i remember Qatar had superior in flight entertainment. But both are very good - up there with the best. My ex was a trolly dolly so i got a few free flights :)

Heard some good things about Kingfisher as well if thats an option for you. Not sure about being in the same league though.

I've never flown on Etihad, but a family member has and said it was ace.

I've flown Qatar many times and is my most favourite airline

To be honest though, I have yet to here a bad report about any of the Arab based airlines.

Flew Qatar from EU to Manila via Doha in tourist class.

Good space in tourist class even for a big guy like me. Good service. Food so so.

A lot of bussing around in Doha airport as their new terminal is not ready. So you need about 90 minutes between flights.

Edited by martin81

As others have said they are both very good and certainly better than Eva, Gulf, Thai.

I have flown business on both as well and again absolutely excellent...Etihad probably clinches it due to their flatbed seats and 'cabin' type arrangement but both are excellent. A notch above Gulf business.

The premium terminal at Doha is amazing.

Edited by DJCBrixton