IGNORED

Travel Insurence and how it works

Medic

Hello I was wondering if any BM can help me understand how travel insurence works. As i understand it if i get sick while im on my trip they will pay for my medical bills or transport back to my country.

Also im thinking buying from world nomads travel insurence anyone use them.

This board is a blessing , thank you for your help .

travel insurance is essential to most but others will take the risk of going without or having some policy related to credit card supplier. Like all insurance you get the level of service and protection you pay for and you only discover how good or bad the company is when you need assistance or make a claim. In the UK there are several comparission sites for "best" insurance and you could get a flavour of what's likely to be on offer by visiting moneysupermarket.com or equivalent usa site.

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/travel-insurance/

Only time I made a small claim it was pay in advance and recover when I returned to uk, there are some no doubt more expensive sites that pay upfront for you. In the UK I use Atlas Direct insurance who are more open to certain pre-existing medical conditions

A quick quote from travel nomads UK site gives me a quote roughly 40% more than what I pay at Atlas Direct and my Atlas policy is underwritten by Axia insurance a pretty big player in the market - so they are expensive but recommended by Lonley Planet

Good luck in finding a policy that suits your needs

Edited by DJW

Here in the states I get it through AAA. Before I used Insure my trip. Thankfuly never had to use it. AAA much cheaper, but Insure my Trip about

3 times as much but included full coverage on car rental. Realy not needed,

asked about motorcycles the agent said I'm sure it does. Policey was pretty specific about car. I also get my International dl from AAA.

• 4 weeks later...

As the foreign office in uk advises emergency travel only all medical insurance is void from here - cannot get cover - is this worldwide or just uk ?

As the foreign office in uk advises emergency travel only all medical insurance is void from here - cannot get cover - is this worldwide or just uk ?

Not for all of Thailand only certain areas

www.lcfc.com

www.leicestertigers.com

Posted Image

CountdownClockCodes.com

I also use Atlas. I would go for an annual policy over a single trip policy - much better value for money if you are planning on holidaying / traveling more than once or twice in a 12 month period.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม