IGNORED

Pattaya garden apartments

tazmac

I got hit with a 9k electric bill ! for 29 days stay form here http://www.pattayagardenapartments.com/ i stayed in april and used the air-con all night,needles to say i was shocked and suggest nobody stay here their internet sucks too and they dont do breakfast as they claim on their site.They also dont mention added costs for electric.

:Circle_Sharks: 9000 thb thats an awful lot of aircon , yeah see what you mean about breakfast included on website its a shame about this as it looks like a nice hotel. thanks for the heads up on the place . Edited by WELSH WONDER

dont think that is possible. i have rooms for rent on south jomtien beach for 3500thb per month. i charge 1000thb for water and power in an aircon room. you sure it wasnt a staff member just trying to ripp you off?

It was the owners wife,she deals with day to day billing and was the one that submitted the invoice.I've stayed there before and was never charged for electric,so the bill was a shock to me especially at the cost of 9k bht.I'm just giving a heads up on this place so any fellow Bm's can avoid such excess charges if they have thought about staying here.

Probably at least 3 times an accepetable charge for that time period. If you weren't informed of the charge at the begining of your stay, that is even worse.

I would have have insisted on discussing with the owner, considering the large amount.

I manage a lot of condos and have never seen a electric bill as high as 9000 for any of the unit I look after, most people even with heavy A/c usage don't get much over 3000.

It was the owners wife,she deals with day to day billing and was the one that submitted the invoice.I've stayed there before and was never charged for electric,so the bill was a shock to me especially at the cost of 9k bht.I'm just giving a heads up on this place so any fellow Bm's can avoid such excess charges if they have thought about staying here.

Currently working at the Nirvana Boutique Suites Hotel .... PM me for special rates for board members.

Nirvana Boutique Suites

I got hit with a 9k electric bill ! for 29 days stay form here http://www.pattayagardenapartments.com/ i stayed in april and used the air-con all night,needles to say i was shocked and suggest nobody stay here their internet sucks too and they dont do breakfast as they claim on their site.They also dont mention added costs for electric.

I stayed at the same hotel for 1 month and was charged over 10,000 baht for electricity.

Really, what is a resonable rate for 1 month? I would ask to get a meter reading before and after. But your right it is an easy rip off to add on to an electric bill.

Really, what is a resonable rate for 1 month? I would ask to get a meter reading before and after. But your right it is an easy rip off to add on to an electric bill.

My Wingman and I both stayed in identical large rooms last year at the R-con where they charge 8 bht per unit. Our monthly elect/water came to 2200 and 2480 bht for a 1 Month stay!I was not using A/C during daytime as with the balcony slider and windows open there was a cool breeze at all times.

A/C was used on average 6 hours overnight! :GoldenSmile1:

Thanks for the heads up !!! :001_Thank_You5:

people running these places never understand the damage they do to their businesses ....  

already many guys here would have read this and now avoid the place ...  

i try to stand my ground in these circumstances and force the price down by stubborn patience  

just out wait them, no heated arguments, no threats, just bore/frustrate them into submission.  

works almost every time

Edited by maimeepanhaa

Who is fit to govern others?

He who governs himself. ?

You might as well have said: nobody.

Their website says nothing about utility charges. Such charges do not come with daily rates, only weekly or monthly rates. You probably should have called the tourist police.

So its pretty easy to get your electric bill up to 4-5K a month if you use your AC alot..