Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

What chance of TG getting holiday visa to Australia

kiwinick1312

Hi All

Just got a call from my regular girl in Phuket that she met some Aussie guy on his first visit to LOS who now wants her to visit him in Australia. Has cocked up my plans a little bit as I am arriving in Thailand early July but I dont want to deny her a chance of settling down with some guy who's prepared to commit to her.Also I dont want to deny this guy a shot at happiness as according to her he has been sending her money for passport,visa and funds for her bank a/c come visa application time so is obviously serious!

What chance do you think she has of getting a visa?

Thanks

Hi All

Just got a call from my regular girl in Phuket that she met some Aussie guy on his first visit to LOS who now wants her to visit him in Australia. Has cocked up my plans a little bit as I am arriving in Thailand early July but I dont want to deny her a chance of settling down with some guy who's prepared to commit to her.Also I dont want to deny this guy a shot at happiness as according to her he has been sending her money for passport,visa and funds for her bank a/c come visa application time so is obviously serious!

What chance do you think she has of getting a visa?

Thanks

Maybe not that good if he is not here going through the process with her.

I took my wife home 2 years ago, didn't use an agent and did it myself, filled in all the paperwork, provided enough collaborating evidence, or so I thought and submitted it.

Now before I go any further I will make a couple of points, I have been told many times that the main concerns that Australian Immigration have is that the Ladies are not coming for holidays, but to work illegally, the other concern is that they won't go home when their Visa runs out.

My wife had made 2 previous trips to Holland for 3 mth stints and had returned when she was supposed too, big plus factor there, we also have only had a village / Buddhist wedding and as such are not legally married.

Anyway, a day or so after we submitted it, my wife got a call from the Embassy and was told they had no problems with her and wanted more information about me, she said he's right here, do you want to speak to him, the reply was, No, and they hung up. I called them and the conversation kind of went like this. (My replies to them in Bold)

1: Prove your married, "I can't" do you have photographs from the wedding "Yes plenty" well send as many as you can - ok so far, fair enough I thought

2: You have stated you are funding the trip, prove you have the means "How do you want me to do that" send us copy of your bank statements etc etc - Ok, still no drama's

Then came the clincher that I couldn't believe I was hearing

3: Prove you intend to come back to Thailand, "Who me, i'm an Aussie citizen, I don't need to come back, I can stay as long as I like", again, Prove you intend to return, what happens if you have a big bust up while your in Australia, what then, "Simple I put her on the plane and send her home, you have evidence of return flights" not good enough, Prove you intend to return to Thailand, "And just how do you expect me to do that" up to you, and with that the conversation ended, needless to say I was sitting there flabbergasted. WTF1.gif

So in the end I put together plenty of wedding photo's, photo copies of all of my bank accounts, including a clean $5,000 limit credit card, and photo copies of the registration of my Bike, Car and receipts for the big stereo unit and TV and anything else of any value I owned, put it all in with a letter, laid out in a way that addressed each of their concerns, and dropped it all back off in Bangkok.

2 days later we received a call telling us to come and collect Toi's passport, the one stupid thing is they won't tell you if the Visa has been granted, you must go and collect it, open the envelope that it's in and look through the passport to see if has been granted, what a F*#k around.

Anyway, she was granted the Visa and we had a great trip home, I suspect the next time I take her home that it will be a whole lot easier.

Chokdee.gif

Bam Bam

Edited by Bam_Bam

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

The Australian guy Richard who works in partnership has never had an application refused drop me an email and I will forward it onto him.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

100% providing he can show that the relationship is genuine and provides the correct paperwork.

I cannot comment on AUS visa matters as I dont hold the qualification.

But subject to him qualifying the client ..........

Edited by Thai Visa Express

Thai Visa Express

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Thanks Lads for all the info! but I am curious to know what immigration thinks is a 'genuine' relationship?

From what I can gather of TG this is the Aussie guy's first trip to Thailand, he stayed their for 2 or 3 weeks and he has known her for maybe 6 month max.

Either way the girl isn't bothered whether or not she goes but because I am a selfish bastard I hope she stays! :Deadhorse:

Richard has got a girl a 90 day visa and she has only known the sponsor 3 months if that helps.

Thai Visa Express

to prove its genuine they like to see photos of your time together. EG: on holiday in samui, photos of you and her family in her village, receipts from hotels in your name and hers. ( Thats a tip to any guys who take girls on holidays to the islands, get a receipt made out in your name and your girls from the hotel.) phone records of txxt messages ( yours and hers ), emails, phone calls from your homeland to her and her call records to you ect. Lots of photos in different clothing in different spots would help. if you send money keep records.

visa's are not given on how much money you have or sponsor, they are based on the strenght of your relationship. Be smart about it and it all will be good.

Edited by nightlyf

they look at phone records, photo's, letters, statement from her parents etc.

I got a fiancee visa (valid for 9 months) for my now thai wife and they wanted the above. At the interview they ask about the photo's etc to make sure they are genuine. Was 7 yrs ago so may of changed, but she got her fiancee visa after 7 days of having the interview and a week later she was in Australia. We got married a few months later and she got permenant residency. After the 4 yrs she got citizenship.

If you follow the process then its not that difficult.

Farang = Walking ATM. TG's push the right buttons and money comes out. PIN = BBBJ

Great Advise Lads! Today I just discovered she met this guy only in April! Will this make a difference or not?

Cheers

Great Advise Lads! Today I just discovered she met this guy only in April! Will this make a difference or not?

Cheers

Wouldn't think they would look at that too favourably, no real evidence of a genuine relationship, in that short period.

Bam Bam

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

Dont know how this forum is about recomending some body but i used Trevor..www.auslinkmigration.com got the visa .. actually she is here at the mommnet ( for abour 5 weeks more ) he was very professional and travles to Thailand quite a bit . he met up with the lady in question in bangkok and handed it in personally ..he is very professional and easy to deal with and can provide a translator if required ..

Mate just got an Australian tourist visa for a girl that i have known for a 5 months, she doesn't have a job or school to return to..

I used Thai Visa Express they did all the hard work and three weeks later she gets the OK...

So would say very easy to get one...

Either do the application yourselves or use a reputable consultancy with proven ability with applications and registered.

Thai Visa Express

Being that she is only seeking a tourist visa I can't see how it would be a problem.

Why would there be a need to show proof of a relationship for a holiday?

I would imagine that the main things the Aussie authorities would need to be satisfied of is does she intend to return home (does she have a return ticket) and how will she support herself while in Australia and not working, if she does not have funds it would not be uncommon for you to be contacted and to confirm you would be supporting her for the duration of her stay (accommodation, food etc) if that is what you intent to do.

Here is a link to the Aust gov site showing the full conditions of the "676 visa"

I hope this helps and good luck

sorry I forgot the link

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/676/

• 3 weeks later...

Did this last year thru one of the visa companies in Pattaya. As they dont seem to be a sponsor I'm not sure if I can post their name.

Somehow they got the visa approved in less than 7 days after submitting the paperwork - I was dumbfounded.

The main things to look out for aree:

- some proof of relationship

- proof that SHE will return to Thailand (and has reasons to do so)

- that there are sufficient funds available to HER to return

Proof of relationship usually could be supported by LOTS of photos. If you have a chance to go to "the village" photos of the two of you together with the family are GREAT.

Proof that she will return can normally be satisfied by her having a job (not as a BG) and if she has kids then evidence of that.

Sufficient funds we satisfied by opening a bank account for her and regularly transferring funds. This also helped with therelationship proof.

DO NOT fall into the trap that they will grant HER a visa because YOU have lots of assets or funds. She is the one applying, not you.

Another, trick that we used was to go to Singapore for a few days. The advantage being that her passport will be used and she will have proved that she will return to Thailand from overseas (or at least has done before). Make a note that you went together and you also have further proof of relationship and will dispel some fears that her trip was for "work". A few trips around will also give her the opportunity to try flying as a 10 hr first flight can be quiet daunting. You also get to see how she will be like when you travel to a place where Thai food is not readily available.

Good luck

Edited by 2 slices short

I came, I saw .... I got conquered || Facebook: Pattaya Party Boat

As pointed out a couple of times in this thread the chances of getting a visa for a TG is good. The important thing is to prove that she has a reason to return to Thailand and that she has access to funds to pay for the trip. You'll find a link in my signature to the guide on how to submit an application.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....