Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Canterbury Tales Guesthouse

Daveo

Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks......

Traded In recently @ Canterbury Tales Bookshop *-* Book exchange.. …

Published to international critical and popular acclaim, this intensely romantic yet stunningly realistic novel spans three generations and the unimaginable gulf between the First World War and the present.
As the young Englishman Stephen Wraysford passes through a tempestuous love affair with Isabelle Azaire in France and enters the dark, surreal world beneath the trenches of No Man's Land, Sebastian Faulks creates a world of fiction that is as tragic as A Farewell to Arms and as sensuous as The English Patient.
Crafted from the ruins of war and the indestructibility of love, Birdsong is a novel that will be read and marveled at for years to come.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$FAULKS.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Lethal by Sandra Brown...

When her four year old daughter informs her a sick man is in their yard, Honor Gillette rushes out to help him.
But that "sick" man turns out to be Lee Coburn, the man accused of murdering seven people the night before. Dangerous, desperate, and armed, he promises Honor that she and her daughter won't be hurt as long as she does everything he asks.
She has no choice but to accept him at his word.

But Honor soon discovers that even those close to her can't be trusted.
Coburn claims that her beloved late husband possessed something extremely valuable that places Honor and her daughter in grave danger.
Coburn is there to retrieve it, at any cost.
From FBI offices in Washington, D.C., to a rundown shrimp boat in coastal Louisiana, Coburn and Honor run for their lives from the very people sworn to protect them, and unravel a web of corruption and depravity that threatens not only them, but the fabric of our society.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$Brown.jpg

But I dont give a Hoot by Jennifer Bliss

The Life and Times of Bernard Trink, Bangkok's "Nite Owl"

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$hooot.jpg

Sex and Borders: Gender, National Identity, and Prostitution Policy in Thailand by Leslie Ann Jeffrey

Prostitution in Thailand has been the subject of media sensationalism for decades.
Bangkok's brothels have become international icons of Third World women's exploitation in the global sex trade.
Recently, however, sex workers have begun to demand not pity, but rights as workers in the global economy.

This book explores how prostitution policy is linked to the disciplining of Thai national identity and gender.
Jeffrey asserts that certain images of The Prostitute have silenced discourses of prostitution as work, while fostering the idea of the peasant woman as the embodiment of national culture.
This idea, coupled with a will to shape the modern state through the behavior of middle-class men, has been a main concern of Thai prostitution policy.
Gender, the author argues, has become the mechanism through which states respond to the contradictory pressures of globalization and nation-building.

Based on interviews conducted in Thailand, as well as material from the media, government, and nongovernmental organizations, the discussion stretches from the semicolonial period, through the democracy movement of the 1960's and 1970's, to the present day.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$sex.jpg

On 12/04/2019 at 23:51, midge said:

Hi i can't find our treat.want have the room 6B for 4 month from may be 6 nov to the 9 of march next year.Please tell me on my e mail. [email protected]. Thank you mate.

Its [email protected].

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

4 hours ago, midge said:
4 hours ago, midge said:

The last email you typed was without the 62, I emailed you Saturday? I have just email you again to the address above, please let me know if you don't receive it?

Best regards Dave

Sharpe's Enemy by Bernard Cornwell ....

A band of renegades led by Sharpe's vicious enemy, Obadiah Hakeswill, holds a group of British and French women hostage on a strategic mountain pass.
Outnumbered and attacked from two sides, Sharpe must hold his ground or die in the attempt.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$SHARPE.jpg

5 hours ago, Daveo said:

The last email you typed was without the 62, I emailed you Saturday? I have just email you again to the address above, please let me know if you don't receive it?

Best regards Dave

Hi , i don't get a mail. The right one is [email protected].

The Feather Men by Ranulph Fiennes.....

@ Canterbury Tales Bookshop *-* Book exchange..

The Feather Men is the riveting story of the efforts by a private British vigilance committee to eliminate a band of cold blooded contract killers.
From 1977 to 1990, three hired assassins known as the Clinic tracked down and murdered four former British soldiers, one at a time.
Each of the assassinations was carried out in such an ingenious fashion that there would be no hint of foul play, but one clue these killings had in common was that all four victims had fought in the Arabian desert.
Throughout those fourteen years the Feather Men, so known because "our touch is light" were never far behind the hit team.
Finally, in the autumn of 1990, on a quiet English country lane, the Feather Men achieved a form of justice.
Then, for reasons disclosed in these pages, they asked Ranulph Fiennes to reveal their spellbinding story.
For many months, The Feather Men has been a number-one best-seller in England.
It is a fascinating account of a tenacious double manhunt: the assassins stalking their victims and the Feather Men pursuing the assassins.
It is perhaps the ultimate vigilante story, a tale that combines the white-knuckled tension of The Day of the Jackal and the revelatory drama of Spycatcher.
And, at its heart, this shocking and intriguing real-life adventure raises the moral question of whether private citizens should take the law into their own hands.
"However, I for one," says the author, "am truly glad that the Feather Men exist, or existed.
As to my reasons...the reader will learn in what follows."

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$FIENNES.jpg

18 minutes ago, midge said:

Hi , i don't get a mail. The right one is [email protected].

I emailed both now, also replied the original post - please email me at [email protected] this will work?

12 minutes ago, Daveo said:

I emailed both now, also replied the original post - please email me at [email protected] this will work?

Sorry my computer say can not recognice your adresse.

4 hours ago, midge said:

Sorry my computer say can not recognice your adresse.

I received your email and replied so should be ok?

23 minutes ago, Daveo said:

I received your email and replied so should be ok?

Yes.

Tornado Down by John Nichol & John Peters.....

Find this and many more War books @ Canterbury Tales Bookshop *-* Book exchange.

RAF Flight lieutenants John Peters and John Nichol were shot down over enemy territory on their first airborne mission of the Gulf War.

Their capture in the desert, half a mile from their blazing Tornado bomber, began a nightmare seven week ordeal of torture and interrogation which brought both men close to death.

In Tornado Down, John Peters and John Nichol tell the incredible story of their part in the war against Saddam Hussein's regime.

It is a brave and shocking and totally honest story: a story about war and its effects on the hearts and minds of men.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$TORNADO.jpg

Paul McCartney: Many Years From Now by Barry Miles.....

During the past year Paul McCartney has been in the public's eye more than at any time since the peak of Beatlemania over thirty years ago.
His fans have been treated to the best-selling Flaming Pie and Standing Stone albums, a full hour of Paul on "Oprah," and this thoughtful and comprehensive biography that brings us closer to the man than ever before.
Based on hundreds of hours of exclusive interviews over a period of five years, and with complete access to Paul's own archives, Barry Miles has succeeded in letting Paul tell the story of his life as a Beatle in his own words.
It includes Paul's recollection of the genesis of every song that he wrote with John Lennon and the fascinating details about their remarkable collaboration.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$PAUL.jpg

On the shelves after Songkran + a few more on the Beatles - some quite rare? @ Canterbury Tales Bookshop *-* Book exchange.. …

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$LENN.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$BEATLL.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$BEATTT.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$BEATTTL.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$BEATTLE.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$beatles-hunter-davies.jpg

Twisted by Steve Cavanagh (published 2019)..

@ Canterbury Tales Bookshop *-* Book exchange.. …

BEFORE YOU READ THIS BOOK
I WANT YOU TO KNOW THREE THINGS:

1. The police are looking to charge me with murder.
2. No one knows who I am. Or how I did it.
3. If you think you've found me. I'm coming for you next.

After you've read this book, you'll know: the truth is far more twisted...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$TWISTED.jpg

Darien (Empire of Salt #1) by Conn Iggulden.....

Traded in @ Canterbury Tales Bookshop - Book exchange..…

TWELVE FAMILIES.
ONE THRONE.
WELCOME TO THE EMPIRE OF SALT.

The city of Darien stands at the weary end of a golden age. Twelve families keep order with soldiers and artefacts, spies and memories, clinging to a peace that shifts and crumbles. The people of the city endure what they cannot change.

Here, amongst old feuds, a plot is hatched to kill a king. It will summon strangers to the city, Elias Post, a hunter, Tellius, an old swordsman banished from his home, Arthur, a boy who cannot speak, Daw Threefold, a chancer and gambler, Vic Deeds, who feels no guilt and Nancy, a girl whose talent might be the undoing of them all.

Their arrival inside the walls as the sun sets will set off a series of explosive events.
Before the sun returns, five destinies will have been made and lost, in Darien.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$igguld.jpg

The Lives of John Lennon by Albert Goldman

The result of six years of research and some 1,200 interviews, this book takes fans deep into Lennon’s secretive world, from his traumatic childhood to his Beatles days to his hidden life with Yoko Ono.
While the Lennon of legend enjoyed a gifted and inspired life, the private Lennon lived in torment, poisoning himself with drugs and self-hatred.
The Lives of John Lennon exposed for the first time all of his various lives, from idealism to cynic, from ascetic to junkie.
It is a lasting tribute to his brilliant achievements and a revelation of the price he paid for them.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$LENNN.jpg

The Walrus Was Paul: The Great Beatle Death Clues
by R. Gary Patterson.....

"Paul is dead”

It was the late 1960's, the Beatles hadn’t toured since 1966, and some truly bizarre indications began appearing, pointing to the unthinkable: Paul McCartney had been killed in a car accident and replaced by a look-alike.
The Walrus Was Paul unearths every single clue from one of rock ’n’ roll’s most enduring puzzles and takes you on a magical mystery tour of baffling, yet fascinating, hints for solving this mystery.

Test your “Paul is dead” trivia knowledge.
Did you find and answer the following clues on the front cover?

To what song does the title, The Walrus Was Paul, refer?
-“I Am the Walrus,” which appeared on the clue-filled album Magical Mystery Tour.

There is an egg in Paul’s eye. Why?
In the song “I Am the Walrus,” John Lennon sings, “I am the eggman...I am the walrus” and later, in the song “Glass Onion,” we find out that, in fact, “the walrus was Paul.”

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$BEATTTL.jpg

The Beatles: The Authorised Biography by Hunter Davies.....

Some quite rare? @ Canterbury Tales Bookshop *-* Book exchange.. …

There's only one book that ever truly got inside the Beatles and this is it.
The landmark, worldwide bestseller that has grown with the Beatles ever since.

During 1967 and 1968 Hunter Davies spent eighteen months with the Beatles at the peak of their powers as they defined a generation and rewrote popular music.
As their only ever authorised biographer he had unparalleled access, not just to John, Paul, George and Ringo but to friends, family and colleagues.
There when it mattered, he collected a wealth of intimate and revealing material that still makes this the classic Beatles book the one all other biographers look to.

Hunter Davies remained close with the band and as such has had access to more information over the years.
This 40th anniversary edition contains new material which has never been revealed before, from the author's archives and from the Beatles themselves, that will bring new insights to their legend.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$beatleshunter-davies.jpg

Labyrinth (Languedoc #1) by Kate Mosse

@ Canterbury Tales Bookshop *-* Book exchange..…

In the Pyrenees mountains near Carcassonne, Alice, a volunteer at an archaeological dig, stumbles into a Cave and makes a startling discovery-two crumbling skeletons, strange writings on the walls, and the pattern of a labyrinth.
Eight hundred years earlier, on the eve of a brutal crusade that will rip apart southern France, a young woman named Alais is given a ring and a mysterious book for safekeeping by her father.
The book, he says, contains the secret of the true Grail, and the ring, inscribed with a labyrinth, will identify a guardian of the Grail.
Now, as crusading armies gather outside the city walls of Carcassonne, it will take a tremendous sacrifice to keep the secret of the labyrinth safe.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$MOSS.jpg

Now We Are Dead by Stuart MacBride

From the Author of the Logan McRae series, comes a standalone spinoff featuring DS Roberta Steel
Sergeant Roberta Steel has recently been demoted after being caught fitting up a suspect.
The trouble is, the man she got sent down has had his sentence quashed now he’s back on the streets and women are being attacked again.
But if DS Steel goes anywhere near him his lawyers will get her thrown off the force for good.

The Powers That Be won’t listen to her not after what happened last time, besides, she’s got more than enough ongoing cases to keep her busy perhaps she should focus on solving them instead of harassing an innocent man?

But Steel knows he’s guilty and the longer he gets away with it, the more women will suffer.
The question is: how much is she willing to sacrifice to stop him?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$NEW.jpg

The Lost Tomb by David Gibbins...

For centuries, people have speculated about the fabled lost libraries of antiquity.
If one were found, what marvels would it contain?
Now a fearless team of adventurers is about to unearth that long-hidden secret, and it will lead them to the most astonishing discovery ever made.

In the treacherous waters off the rugged Sicilian coast, marine archaeologist Jack Howard and his team of scientific experts and ex-Special Forces commandos make a shocking find while searching for the legendary shipwreck of the apostle Paul.
And when a second artifact is uncovered in the ruins of a buried city, Jack is on the verge of a discovery that could shake the world to its foundations: the handwritten words of Jesus Christ himself.

As he follows a hunch from the dying confession of an emperor to the burial crypt of a medieval pagan Queen, Jack is chasing a conspiracy whose web stretches to the highest levels of international power and he will have to risk everything to stop the controversial document from falling into the hands of a shadowy brotherhood determined to fulfill their murderous vows.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$GIBB.jpg

The Fear Index by Robert Harris.....

@ Canterbury Tales Bookshop *-* Book exchange.. ….

Based in Geneva, Alex Hoffmann has developed a revolutionary system that has the power to manipulate financial markets. Generating billions of dollars, it is a system that thrives on panic - and feeds on fear. He soon finds himself in a waking nightmare of paranoia and violence.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$HARRISS.JPG