IGNORED

Canterbury Tales Guesthouse

Daveo

Faith by Len Deighton.

@ Canterbury Tales Bookshop - Book exchange - Guesthouse - Cafe, #Pattaya.

Prime minister of the political thriller, Len Deighton is in top form with the first of a new trilogy in the continuing saga of Bernard Samson, the intrepid, insolent, and enigmatic agent of Deighton's blockbuster series: the Game, Set, and Match and Hook, Line, and Sinker trilogies.
Follow Len with Canterbury Tales Bookshop.

9780006478980-uk-300.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

The Innocent Man by John Grisham.
Murder and injustice in a small town

In Now @ Canterbury Tales Bookshop / Book exchange / Guesthouse / Cafe, Pattaya..

In the model of Serial and Making a Murderer, John Grisham’s first non-fiction book will petrify anyone who believes in the presumption of innocence.
Impeccably researched, precisely told, filled with eleventh hour drama, it’s a book no American can afford to miss.

In the town of Ada, Oklahoma, Ron Williamson was going to be the next Mickey Mantle.
But on his way to the Big Leagues, Ron stumbled, his dreams broken by drinking, drugs, and women.
Then, on a winter night in 1982, not far from Ron’s home, a young cocktail waitress named Debra Sue Carter was savagely murdered.
Read on at Canterbury Tales bookshop...

9780345532015.jpg

Traded in recently @ Canterbury Tales Bookshop / Book exchange / Guesthouse / Cafe, Pattaya..

9780099450252.jpg

4473.jpg

7ed2b23f2fd3be62c0223ebadfaf18b3.jpg

51gok0tkXWL.jpg

9781594489501.gif

51Sw1tjSVtL.jpg

51v+fApjd9L._SY300_.jpg

51gpslqcZpL._SS500_.jpg

A Small Town in Germany by John le Carré.

@ Canterbury Tales Bookshop * Book exchange / Guesthouse * Cafe - Pattaya****.....

John le Carré's classic novels deftly navigate his readers through the intricate shadow worlds of international espionage with unsurpassed skill and knowledge, and have earned him unprecedented worldwide acclaim, be intrigued by John at Canterbury Tales bookshop........

A man is missing. 
Harting, refugee background, a Junior Something or other in the British Embassy in Bonn, gone with him are 43 files, all of them of Confidential or higher status.
It is absolutely vital that the Germans do not learn that Harting is missing, or that there's been a leak in the system.
With radical students and neo-Nazis rioting and critical negotiations under way in Brussels, the timing could not be worse..............

c91724bee6b8989596c46556667444341587343.jpg

Confessions of a Cartel Hit Man by Martin Corona, Tony Rafael & Steve Duncan.

Traded back in today @ Canterbury Tales Bookshop * Book exchange - Guesthouse * Cafe - Pattaya.....

The True confession of an assassin, a sicario, who rose through the ranks of the Southern California gang world to become the leader of an elite, cruelly efficient crew of hit men for Mexico's most vicious drug cartel and eventually found a way out and an normal life.

Martin Corona, a US citizen, fell into the outlaw life at twelve and worked for an elite crew run by the Arellano brothers, founders of the the Tijuana drug cartel that dominated the Southern California drug trade and much bloody gang warfare for decades.
The Corona crew would cross the border into the United States from their luxurious hideout in Mexico, kill whoever needed to be killed North of the border, and return home by dark.

cover.jpg

Our Man in Orlando by Hugh Hunter.

Traded in today @ Canterbury Tales Bookshop * Book exchange / Guesthouse * Cafe - Pattaya**-**.....

Hugh Hunter thought he had landed his dream job as Our Man in Orlando, the Queen's representative in sun drenched Florida.
After all, Orlando was one of the top destination's for British holidaymakers.
But he soon found out that life wasn't to be a holiday and his time in charge of Britain's Consular Office in the teeming Disney-world city would turn into a nightmare.
From his first day, his working week was an endless round of prison visits to meet British murderers, drug dealers and con-men, desperate people with awful tales to tell.
Hunters tells their stories, so join him at Canterbury Tales Bookshop....

416w0AalhpL.jpg

The Edge of Normal by Carla Norton.

@ Canterbury Tales Book exchange / Guesthouse / Cafe, Pattaya, #Thailand

In most ways, Reeve LeClaire looks like a typical twenty two year old female.
She has finally landed her own apartment, she waitresses to help pay the bills and she wishes she wasn’t so nervous around new people she meets.
She thinks of herself as agile, not skittish.
As serious, not grim.
But Reeve is anything but normal.
Find out why at Canterbury Tales Bookshop.

9781447239864the edge of normal_4.jpg

A burglar broke into a house one night. He shined his flashlight around, looking for valuables. And when he picked up a jewelry box to place in his sack, a strange, disembodied voice echoed from the dark saying:

"Jesus is watching you."

He nearly jumped out of his skin, clicked his flashlight off, and froze. When he heard nothing more after a bit, he shook his head, then clicked the light on and began searching for more valuables. After just a few seconds, clear as a bell, he heard:

"Jesus is watching you."

Freaked out, he shined his light around frantically, looking for the source of the voice. Finally, in the corner of the room, his flashlight beam came to rest on a parrot.

"Did you say that?" He hissed at the parrot.

"Yep," the parrot confessed, then squawked, "I'm just trying to warn you."

The burglar relaxed. "Warn me, huh? Who in the world are you?"

"Moses," replied the bird.

"Moses?" The burglar laughed. "What kind of people would name a bird Moses?"

Suddenly, he felt a giant shadow materializing behind him.

"The kind of people who would name a Rottweiler Jesus."

Private (Private #1) by James Patterson & Maxine Paetro

In Now @ Canterbury Tales Book exchange -- Guesthouse -- Cafe -- Pattaya, #Thailand

The police can't help you....
Former Marine helicopter pilot Jack Morgan runs Private, a renowned well established investigation company with branches around the World.
It is where you go when you need maximum force and total discretion.
The Secrets of the most influential men and women on the planet come to Jack daily and his team of investigators use the world's most advanced forensic knowledge and tools to make and break their cases.

Read this and many more of Patterson's novels at Canterbury Tales Book exchange....

51dmlvB6c7L._SX277_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The Return by Håkan Nesser.

Traded In recently @ Canterbury Tales Bookshop * Book exchange * Cafe * Guesthouse * Pattaya * Thailand.

A new case for Chief Inspector Van Veeteren, the complicated history of a nearly perfect murder.
On a sunny August day a man is released from prison, on a rainy April day children at play find his dead body, the fact that the dead man is Leopold Verhaven only becomes clear after some time because the mutilated corpse is headless, also without it's legs and feet.
Who would be interested in killing this man, a double murderer who spent 24 years in prison?

Get into this tale and Canterbury Tales Bookshop, Pattaya..

9781447228332-uk-300.jpg

Bad Boy Brawly Brown by Walter Mosley.

Traded back In recently @ Canterbury Tales Bookshop / Book exchange / Cafe / Guesthouse / Pattaya, Thailand.

It's 1964, Easy is on a mission to lure Brawley Brown back to his mother.
But not only is Brawley bad, he's big and not so easily swayed, especially since joining the Urban Revolutionary Party, a political group completely wary of strangers.
Add to that a cache of stolen guns, secret government investigators, a payroll heist, several murders, problems with his son, and everybody lying about everything, plus his own crushing guilt over the apparent death of his longest friend, and you've got Easy behind the eight ball once again.

Read this Classic from Walter Mosley with us at Canterbury Tales Book exchange, Pattaya City****

9780759528123.jpg

The Troubled Man by Henning Mankell.

Traded back In recently @ Canterbury Tales Bookshop * Book exchange - Cafe / Guesthouse * Pattaya, Thailand.

On a winter day in 2008, Håkan von Enke, a retired high-ranking Naval officer, vanishes during his daily walk in a deep forest near Stockholm.
The investigation into his disappearance falls under the jurisdiction of the Stockholm police.
It has nothing to do with Wallander, officially.

Get into this well read Author with Canterbury Tales Bookshop, exchange, Pattaya.....

51QzbRewquL._SX320_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Traded in recently @ Canterbury Tales Bookshop / Book exchange / Cafe, #Pattaya

s-l300.jpg

6987698.jpg

7156651._UY475_SS475_.jpg

51cU0hUhnLL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

41H5GQacmoL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

51udPVvJI3L.jpg

8178090864.jpg

28101722.jpg

no-further-action-the-truth-behind-the-smile.jpg

BookCoverServlet.jpg

So folk are asking me why recently I am pushing such things as Healthy foods and beverages on a bookshop thread?, well I will explain.......
I used to live the dream in Pattaya and do most if not all the things that I may have been advised against? 
Anyway about 7 yrs ago I started getting weaker and after some more progression I went for some Tests as I knew something was wrong? Iam now 60 yrs old.
The test results came back as early stage Myositis (IBM)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inclusion_body_myositis

At first I read up on it, no treatment and no cure, typical, trust my luck....anyway from back then and the slow progression I am now in a wheelchair and along with the illness a few more complications follow.

Life without stairs and falling over is not an option are things to remember, I cant do stairs or even steps higher than a couple of inches, falling over is one of the common issues with IBM due the the weakness and things like drop foot, also as you don't have the strength in your arms - shoulders to stop you banging your head when you fall and the danger of breaking bones as you don't have the protection of muscles etc and the last thing you need is a broken arm etc.

Other frustrating issues such as my esophagus (swallowing reflex) is weak and shuts down at night so I have to sleep on my side with my head facing down as my saliva runs out onto a towel on my pillow, if on my back my saliva goes into my windpipe and I wake up chocking.

This can also cause dehydration which is another problem related to the water retention, taking Diuretics, can help but getting the balance is tricky as you either dehydrate your system and this can cause constipation issues and headaches which effect my cognitive reactions or too much water tends to fill my legs up and I spend the night peeing and disrupting my sleep.

Also the lack of circulation in my legs and feet mainly due to lack of movement, exercise etc even here in this climate I get freezing cold feet.

So way back I stopped going out drinking and abusing my body while living the dream here in Pattaya and was determined to stay off the med's although there is no treatment the Dr's give you pain killers and anti inflammatory etc but I did not want to become a life long customer to big pharma so I started to study alternatives and with Google nowadays is a great tool for that.

I started to read amongst other things Turmeric, Garlic, Ginger, Honey, Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) and started adding them naturally into my diet, a great thing re Pattaya - Thailand all these healthy herbs etc are readily available and from the farmers markets locally so I got right into it.

I noticed my breathing improved, I also started regular deep breathing exercises, also in the past I would often 2 - 4 times a year catch a cold mostly from guys coming on holiday and breathing their germs at me and I would always end up with a chest infection from that and since I have used these herbs I have literally had not one single Chest infection for several years.

Keeping the natural chemicals from these and other things really help immensely and learning how to use them is important too, for example cooked Garlic enhances the taste of many dishes but can lower the natural goodness of the Allicin which is the chemical in Garlic that helps attack a virus when it enters your system.

Crush or slice raw garlic and add it to anything savoury just before you eat it and you will get the full benefits, also add garlic cloves to Honey and let sit for a week or more then take a couple of spoons a couple times a day.

So then I saw this new add online for a beverage that just happen to contain all the stuff that I take regularly here in Thailand so put in an initial order to try some, The Honey was beautiful tasting, the Apple Cider Vinegar although fierce to taste is good quality and the Health Tonic containing all of them I found very palatable, adding it to warm water and even some lime juice is not a bad taste at all and you get the benefits from it, I even add some slices of fresh Ginger and garlic to enhance it.

So there it was and how it happened and why we are offering these products which are made in North Thailand and I have got to say they have the making of them just right.

You may think as you are healthy and don't need these items but hey same as taking Garlic, don't wait till you get sick before taking? keep it in your system all the time and you will reap the benefits, as with for example the Healthy Tonic, take a couple table spoons in warm water before bed and first thing in the morning and see how you feel over time.

You never know what is around the corner concerning your health as I found out ????

$$$$$$$$$10small.jpg

$$$$$#$5006small.jpg

$$$$$$$$honeysmall.jpg

$$$$$$$$$10asmall.jpg

The 5000 Year Leap: A Miracle That Changed the World
by W. Cleon Skousen.

Traded In @ Canterbury Tales Bookshop * Book exchange - Cafe * Guesthouse - Pattaya, Thailand.

This is the Original Authorized Edition regularly featured by Glenn Beck to Fox TV viewers as a Must Read?
The nation the Founders built is now in the throes of a political, economic, social, and spiritual crisis that has driven many to an almost frantic search for modern solutions.
The truth is that the solutions have been available for a long time, in the writings of our Founding Fathers, carefully set forth in this timely book.

Be fascinated @ Our Pattaya book exchange.....

1217881.jpg

$$$$$300x286.jpg

Night Witches: The Amazing Story of Russia's Women Pilots in WWII by Bruce Myles.

@
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Canterburybookshoppattaya/

It's 1941, Nazi hordes swept east into the Soviet Union, a desperate call went out for women to join the Russian air force. The result, three entire regiments of women pilots and bombers was a phenomenon unmatched in World II. 
Through interviews with these courageous pilots, the author uncovers their story. 
Soon to be a major motion picture.

Grab this brand new book at Canterbury Tales Book exchange****

249831.jpg

$$$$$###87a9f2acfae (7).jpg

Into the Night: by Suzanne Brockmann.

@ Canterbury Tales Bookshop / Book exchange / Cafe / Guesthouse / Pattaya, Thailand.

It was meant to be a dog and pony show, an elaborate demonstration of SEAL rescue techniques, to celebrate a presidential visit to a California naval base. Professional, no nonsense White House staffer Joan DaCosta arrives at dawn to scope out the area.
Assigned to be her SEAL liaison is Lt. Mike Muldoon, a born leader, strong, decisive, tough, and fearless.

Follow this plot with Canterbury Tales Bookshop in the City of Pattaya, Thailand...

19242778.jpg

No, I have used them several times and know a few others who have, I recently needed a new passport and Key Visa took care of the whole process, made it very easy?

Cell by Stephen King.

@ Canterbury Tales Bookshop / Book exchange / Cafe / Guesthouse / Pattaya, Thailand.

Witness another Stephen King triumph, blood spattered return to the genre that made him famous.
Cell, the king of horror's homage to zombie films, is his goriest, most horrific novel for a few years, not to mention the most intensely paced.
Casting aside his love of elaborate character and town histories and penchant for delayed gratification, King lifts readers off their feet right away, dropping them into the fray and offering no chance to catch their breath until the very last page.
Get Horrorfied with King at Canterbury Tales Bookshop, Pattaya City....

81bzoFTWuaL.jpg

Cut Short (DI Geraldine Steel #1) by Leigh Russell ...

In today @ Canterbury Tales Bookshop * Book exchange * Cafe * Guesthouse * Pattaya - Thailand.

D.I. Geraldine Steel expects the quiet town of Woolsmarsh to be quite dull according to what she 's heard?
She quickly discovers the gossip is wrong.
The park is a place where children play, friends sit and gossip, people walk their dogs, or take a short cut to avoid the streets. But in the shadows fearless predator prowls, hunting for his next victim.
A woman sees the killer and comes forward as a witness someone the killer must put a stop to at all costs.
For D.I. Geraldine Steel, it is a race against time to find the killer before he strikes again, as public pressure mounts with the growing death toll.

More of this novel in Pattaya's best bookshop - book exchange....

18745888.jpg

The Chessmen by Peter May.

@ Canterbury Tales Bookshop - Book exchange - Guesthouse - Cafe, Pattaya***

Fin Macleod, now head of security on a privately owned lush Lewis estate, is charged with investigating a spate of illegal game hunting taking place on the island.
This mission reunites him with Whistler Macaskill, a renowned local poacher, Fin's teenage intimate, and possessor of a long-buried secret.
But when this reunion takes a violent and sinister turn, Fin realizes that revealing the truth could destroy the future.

More of Peter May in the fiction section of Canterbury Tales Bookshop...Pattaya.

15832513.jpg

15832513.jpg