Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Problems with Programs running in Windows 7

Bam_Bam

Gents,

I have been having a problem for a while now, previously in Vista and it has continued in Widows 7, where almost everything I run in it will suddenly freeze up and come up with the response "Not Responding"

Mostly it is more of an inconvenience than any thing else, but yesterday I was working in KompoZer upgrading a web page, had been working on it for over an hour without saving any of what I had done, when up pops "Not Responding" and it wouldn't come back, eventually Windows closed it down and I had to start again :GoldenSmile1: , saving all the time as I went, froze up twice while I was redoing everything, but having had saved as I went, it wasn't that big an issue, close the program and reopen it and continue on.

Anyone got any ideas what might be causing that. :02:

I have a reasonably specced up desk top, dual core processor and all that stuff, but it is a little skinny on RAM only 2 gig, they didn't have what I wanted in stock when we built this up and haven't quite got around to buying some more.

I was running Vista Ultimate previously now Windows 7 Home Pro

Bam Bam

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

crank that sucker up to at least 4gb or RAM & then try

I was having the same trouble with a machine on XP with only 1gb of RAM, now with 2gb it's working ok.

crank that sucker up to at least 4gb or RAM & then try

I was having the same trouble with a machine on XP with only 1gb of RAM, now with 2gb it's working ok.

Ta thank you very much, I was kinda thinking it might have been a RAM issue.

Bam Bam

I had a similar problem a while back on an old PC I had running XP turned out to be a registry problem. Ccleaner sorted it out for me.

Not saying it is the same in your case but could be worth a try Ccleaner is a free download then run the registry scan.

Al.

I had a similar problem a while back on an old PC I had running XP turned out to be a registry problem. Ccleaner sorted it out for me.

Not saying it is the same in your case but could be worth a try Ccleaner is a free download then run the registry scan.

Al.

Ccleaner is something I already use, but I haven't run it since I starting using Windows 7, will give it a try.

Bam Bam

I like others can only recommend more memory for Windows 7.

I like others can only recommend more memory for Windows 7.

Yeah it is about time I got off my lazy arse and got some more, been into Tuckom a hundred times since I built this machine.

Bam Bam

• 2 weeks later...

This problem occurs because of ram,overheat and virus.

check you ram and check that problem is occur or not. if not then install anti virus. and scan computer.

and check you CUP fan work properly or not. if not then replace it.

This problem occurs because of ram,overheat and virus.

check you ram and check that problem is occur or not. if not then install anti virus. and scan computer.

and check you CUP fan work properly or not. if not then replace it.

Thanks for that, the very reason I loaded Windows 7 is because I got a virus, despite having anti virus software, and I was having unresolvable issues, even though I had supposedly quarantined it, so the decision was made to wipe the hard drive and do a clean install of Windows 7

I still haven't got around to buying some more Ram, but I will, was talking to an IT guy I know this morning and he thinks that it will most likely be a lack of Ram.

Bam Bam

Was this an upgrade or a fresh install of Windows 7?

Are you running 32bit or 64bit Windows 7?

Are you seeing this error no matter the application that you're running at that time, or just certain ones?

I've been running Windows 7 (64bit) on 2GB of RAM for quite sometime now without any "not responding" messages, or any issues for that matter.

Granted, 2GB is the bare minimum and adding more RAM never hurts, but unless you're trying to run multiple memory hog applications at the same time (like AutoCAD and Premier at the same time), you should be running just fine.

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

I agree with the poster above. I do not think that your issue is RAM. I am using windows 7 32bit on 2 GB RAM with no issues.

Windows 7 upgrade is known to be problemetic. A fresh install is much better and is trouble free.

I am inclined to think that your problem is software related.

1. KompoZer that you are using is not a full fledge releases software. It is a beta version, which is likely a contributing cause to your issue. Either save very often, or move to a full release of another software.

2. Is your windows genuine? Microsoft continuously release fixes to the OS and unless you have a genuine windows, you will not get the latest fixes. Make sure that you are using genuine windows. I would not use pirated windows. Either use a genuine windows installation, or move to Linux if you do not want to pay for a full windows version.

3. The antivirus you use can also cause this. Avoid pirate AV. I moved most of my machines (I have a few machines :) ) to MS Security essentials. A free AV from Microsoft. Very good and very secure, highly recommended.

4. I personally would not use registry cleaners. These software utilities play with the registry and can cause a complete failure in your PC.

Good luck and do let us know if you need more information.

I agree with the poster above. I do not think that your issue is RAM. I am using windows 7 32bit on 2 GB RAM with no issues.

Windows 7 upgrade is known to be problemetic. A fresh install is much better and is trouble free.

I am inclined to think that your problem is software related.

1. KompoZer that you are using is not a full fledge releases software. It is a beta version, which is likely a contributing cause to your issue. Either save very often, or move to a full release of another software.

2. Is your windows genuine? Microsoft continuously release fixes to the OS and unless you have a genuine windows, you will not get the latest fixes. Make sure that you are using genuine windows. I would not use pirated windows. Either use a genuine windows installation, or move to Linux if you do not want to pay for a full windows version.

3. The antivirus you use can also cause this. Avoid pirate AV. I moved most of my machines (I have a few machines :) ) to MS Security essentials. A free AV from Microsoft. Very good and very secure, highly recommended.

4. I personally would not use registry cleaners. These software utilities play with the registry and can cause a complete failure in your PC.

Good luck and do let us know if you need more information.

It was a clean install not an upgrade

I downloaded the latest version off the net, could well be a beta version

I believe it to be genuine, the made in Singapore 64 bit version, not the Thai OEM version, cost me around 8,000 baht and I get regular updates/upgrades

3. The antivirus you use can also cause this. Avoid pirate AV. I moved most of my machines (I have a few machines :Greetings9: ) to MS Security essentials. A free AV from Microsoft. Very good and very secure, highly recommended.

At the time I got the Virus, I was using a genuine, (though not my property) version of Vista 64 bit and running AVG it didn't pick up the virus, my son who is in the IT game told me to download MS Security Essentials and it found the virus and supposedly quarantined it, but I had some persistent problems afterwards, I am still using now.

Thanks for the advice

Bam Bam

Has it ever worked on your Windows 7 installation?

I see that there's no mention of support for 64bit on the KompoZer website. I also see the latest version was released in 2007, which makes me doubtful it was designed/compiled to run in a 64bit environment.

I'm leaning towards a compatibility issue on this one...

You could run it in 32bit compatibility mode, but that's no guarantee it'll work right... we're talking Microsoft here! ;-)

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

Has it ever worked on your Windows 7 installation?

I see that there's no mention of support for 64bit on the KompoZer website. I also see the latest version was released in 2007, which makes me doubtful it was designed/compiled to run in a 64bit environment.

I'm leaning towards a compatibility issue on this one...

You could run it in 32bit compatibility mode, but that's no guarantee it'll work right... we're talking Microsoft here! ;-)

I have only just started using KompoZer, I took over the maintenance of the website for a club I'm involved with, I have no html website experience, that is the domain of my IT son, Web design and maintenance, it was his suggestion to use KompoZer, the guy previously looking after the website was using Dreamweaver, but it wouldn't load/run on Windows 7

I will just keep plugging away with KompoZer, it seems to be fine when working on minor pages, that don't take much updating, anything that takes a good while, I just keep saving all the time and if it freezes up, shut it down and re-open it, then get on with what I have to do.

Thanks again to everyone for the advice, it is much appreciated.

:)

Bam Bam

KompoZer never reached full release stage. It has always beed in Beta. Latest version is 0.8. A full release would be 1.0.

A version 0.8 indicates a release that probably does have some stability issues. Highly likely that this is your problem.

• 5 months later...

Not sure if what your experiencing is the same as me but when I click from one page to another I is like it is trying /struggling to load page then the page goes opaque, and the I cannot do any thing til page loads this sometimes takes a minute or so. I am running Vista I think a virus maybe

Not sure if what your experiencing is the same as me but when I click from one page to another I is like it is trying /struggling to load page then the page goes opaque, and the I cannot do any thing til page loads this sometimes takes a minute or so. I am running Vista I think a virus maybe

Yep that's it, but not a virus, seems that it is a RAM issue.

Bam Bam

I had the same problem sometimes the page would disappear then come back again. Then I discovered it is actually a new feature in Windows 7. Move your curser to the bottom right corner of the screen the page disappears to show the desktop move it away and the page will come back.

At the moment I have one computer a Mac with OSX, one with Windows 7 and one with XP. I like Windows 7 and will probable get rid of XP altogether now. Windows 7 can run programs designed for XP and Vista in compatibility mode.

Though the Mac is still my personal favorite Widows 7 has done a lot to catch up but them Microsoft had to come up with something good after Vista.

It was because of Vista I bought the Mac in the first place.

Al.

Edit: Sorry I just read you are sing Vista not Windows 7

Edited by Al.

I have only just started using KompoZer, I took over the maintenance of the website for a club I'm involved with, I have no html website experience, that is the domain of my IT son, Web design and maintenance, it was his suggestion to use KompoZer, the guy previously looking after the website was using Dreamweaver, but it wouldn't load/run on Windows 7

I will just keep plugging away with KompoZer, it seems to be fine when working on minor pages, that don't take much updating, anything that takes a good while, I just keep saving all the time and if it freezes up, shut it down and re-open it, then get on with what I have to do.

Thanks again to everyone for the advice, it is much appreciated.

:)

Bam Bam

If you wanted to eliminate Kompozer as a possible source or your problem go to the Microsoft website and download Microsoft Expressions (just follow the "download" link) they are giving a 60 day fully functioning free trail its designed to run on Windows 7, then delete Komposer. If it solves your problem then you could look for an alternative to Kompozer or they may have updated it by the time the 60 day trial finishes.

While you are on the Microsoft website one download I can highly recommend is Web Platform Installer .

Al.

Edited by Al.

If you wanted to eliminate Kompozer as a possible source or your problem go to the Microsoft website and download Microsoft Expressions (just follow the "download" link) they are giving a 60 day fully functioning free trail its designed to run on Windows 7, then delete Komposer. If it solves your problem then you could look for an alternative to Kompozer or they may have updated it by the time the 60 day trial finishes.

While you are on the Microsoft website one download I can highly recommend is Web Platform Installer .

Al.

I pissed off Kompzer months ago, I now use Dreamweaver CS5 and just about have my head around it, still having issues with CSS, but my old brain will cotton on sooner or later.

Doing some flash things on the web sites I look after in Dreamweaver these days, but my original issue remains, mainly because every time I go into buy some more RAM they never have what I want, I might source it while I'm home in OZ over Xmas, probably cheaper there anyway.

Bam Bam

• 5 weeks later...

I pissed off Kompzer months ago, I now use Dreamweaver CS5 and just about have my head around it, still having issues with CSS, but my old brain will cotton on sooner or later.

Doing some flash things on the web sites I look after in Dreamweaver these days, but my original issue remains, mainly because every time I go into buy some more RAM they never have what I want, I might source it while I'm home in OZ over Xmas, probably cheaper there anyway.

Bam Bam

Did you ever find out what the problem was and were you able to solve it,

I have Vista and get the same problem , I do not run many programs and have a fair bit of RAM so I'm not sure as to what it could be .

Did you ever find out what the problem was and were you able to solve it,

I have Vista and get the same problem , I do not run many programs and have a fair bit of RAM so I'm not sure as to what it could be .

Nope not yet, I still haven't upgraded my RAM yet either.

Bam Bam

Have you tried running the program in compatibility mode for XP? You can find it by right clicking the program's icon and selecting properties. Then go to the compatibility tab and enabling compatibility mode. It is probably a long shot but may work.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Have you tried running the program in compatibility mode for XP? You can find it by right clicking the program's icon and selecting properties. Then go to the compatibility tab and enabling compatibility mode. It is probably a long shot but may work.

I just tried what you have suggested and it made no difference at all, I tried a few options in compatibility still no difference. Thanks for the help though, looks like I'll have to go to the computer Techies.