IGNORED

removing vista off laptop and using windows 7

nickrock

i have a 2 year old laptop with vista 2 gig of ram is it a big deal to remove vista and put a copy of win 7 on ..im assuming any copy of win 7 for sale at places like tukcom would be a pirate version? and i would have problems later downloading updates

If your computer can support it, upgrade your ram to 4gb. Just backup your files and and install win 7. And yes if copy is pirate, getting updates can be an issue.

Edited by dragon9994

I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 a month or 2 ago, Proper copies are available from Tuckom but you will pay thru the nose for it, I paid 8,000 baht for the Home Pro (I think that's what it called) version, don't buy the Thai made ones and don't get the OEM versions, you won't save much and you will not be able to reinstall it if yo should have a serious hard drive crash or something equally as tragic, look for the Versions produced in Singapore.

Upgrading from Vista is easy, upgrading from 97 is a different kettle of fish.

Bam Bam

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

Hey Nick, once you're over here next week, I'll show you the place where I get all my PC stuff done. They'll tell you first hand about the pro and contra.

However, this may cost you a few cold ones. :001_Thank_You5:

Edited by Benny10

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

Vistas rubbish. Upgrade ! Its pretty straightforward. Back up all your files first.

Is your current software the real deal ? You can download a program from MS that will tell you your best options regarding what and how to install.

You can install either the 32 or 64 bit depending on your current hardware. I have used 32 on an old 2gb ram xp laptop with no probs and the 64 on a brand new 4gb machine. Regarding updates : I updated from the start and left the ugrades on - on my new machine and turned them off on my old. Guess which one now has a pop up" not genuine copy of windows ". Would imagine that someone more knowledgeable has a work around there.

I found a great version of Vista last year on some site, called Vista Lite, all the bullshit has been removed and all the bugs fixed, love it madly and have it now on one of my laptops (but don't download any fixes from Mr Gates) Now I have 7 on another new laptop and don't really care for it, it does some daft things that I don't yet know how to switch off. Anytime you change OS then do a clean install - format and put down the new one, it's good to get rid of all the crap you have tucked away.

Yeah Nick cheap WIn 7 will be pirated

Did you know that even big companies like Acer ok Thai dealers to sell Acer laptops with the OS unbundled? LIke they know a pirated copy is probably gonna be sold on their new Acer laptops over there.

I know my TG's laptop died because it was bootleg OS. I bit the bullet and bought her an original OEM Win 7 so no more dramas in the future ( how much money is your time worth?)

Running bootleg apps is one thing but a bootleg OS to me that is madness unless you are a cash strapped student with much time on your hands and no pussy to fuck.

Yeah Nick cheap WIn 7 will be piratedDid you know that even big companies like Acer ok Thai dealers to sell Acer laptops with the OS unbundled? LIke they know a pirated copy is probably gonna be sold on their new Acer laptops over there.I know my TG's laptop died because it was bootleg OS. I bit the bullet and bought her an original OEM Win 7 so no more dramas in the future ( how much money is your time worth?)Running bootleg apps is one thing but a bootleg OS to me that is madness unless you are a cash strapped student with much time on your hands and no pussy to fuck.

i want a genuine copy i lost intrest in how computers run after about win 95 or 98 ,my next question is is there qa sure fire way of knowing your buying a genuine copy in los or should i get a copy from home

Hey Nick, once you're over here next week, I'll show you the place where I get all my PC stuff done. They'll tell you first hand about the pro and contra.

However, this may cost you a few cold ones. :001_Thank_You5:

damm benny i owe you that many beers now you will need to take a few days off work to recover from the hang over

If you laptop able to run vista then defiantly windows 7 work smooth on it.and you dont need to recovers or shifted you data because at the time to install it you just need to select the upgrade option. and for buy windows 7 you can also order your copy from net. so buy win 7 as you like.

just found my laptop can only go to 2 gig of memory will win 7 run on that ok

My GF has 'the black screen' cos Windows identified her Win 7 as a copy.

Anyone know if this has any lasting effects on the computer?

just found my laptop can only go to 2 gig of memory will win 7 run on that ok

Do you have an original ( kosher ) OS ? If so run this and it should tell you if your OK to use W7.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/get/upgrade-advisor.aspx

Do you have an original ( kosher ) OS ? If so run this and it should tell you if your OK to use W7.http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/get/upgrade-advisor.aspx

yes it cam pre installed with vista

no i brought it in new zealand