Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

windows wont start

dudebrah

Got a free computer , is has Vista home on it but when I start it up it goes to the boot menu and asks for the system disk ( which I dont have )

anyone got an idea on how to get it going ?

does it have a dvd drive? Install LINIX UBUNTU instead of windows.

http://www.ubuntu.com/

d loading it now , thanks

never used Linux before , is it difficult to run windows based software on it ?

I wouldn't bother with Linux, its not worth you learning a whole new system. Its good for some IT server guys, but I find windows better. (maybe less stable)

If you don't fancy paying for genuine windows, you can download this and burn it to DVD, then put the DVD in startup and reinstall windows or try to upgrade it.

http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/141920065/windows+7?tab=summary

1500 bucks will fix that problem forever.... MAC

1500 bucks will fix that problem forever.... MAC

This computer was FREE :P

P.S. I had a mac a few years back and absolutely fooking hated it !

I take that back I didnt hate all of the Mac , It was great for music, pics and vids , and it never got a virus

everything else sucked :P

If you find you don't like the Linux send me a PM and I will send you a genuine copy of XP you can try, got loads of those surplus to requirement at work.

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

Oh sorry...

Got a free computer , is has Vista home on it but when I start it up it goes to the boot menu and asks for the system disk ( which I dont have )

anyone got an idea on how to get it going ?

try this

go into the BIOS (F2 on startup)

enable d2d

restart...press alt + F10

it will take you to a recovery screen....just follow the prompts and you'll get your OS back

It could be any number of things. Could be a hard disk problem that is causing windows to dissapear, or some critical files deleted, or a problem with the boot sector ...etc.

I think that it will be better if you take the laptop to a shop and pay someone to work on it. If it has vista, then you better restore that instead of installing a pirate version of windows.

Many computers have recovery partitions that are installed by the manufacturer for restoration and provide you with shortcuts to start that recovery program to restore system to factory settings. Take the laptop to an authorised repair center.

With regards to Linux, I like and use linux. However, it is not very easy to configure. I am an IT professional and used Ubuntu from version 5 to the current version 10.04. It is not my main OS and I still use windows most of the time. I would not recommend Linux to a newbie. I do not know your skill level in computers, but i am guessing that you are not an advanced user.

Dont install Linux unless ur up to it.

Your computer may be looking to start up from a CD rather than booting up normally??. It may be a case of changing your bios settings. Difficult to say from here i am afraid.

May be better to ask someone on the ground. WOuld also ask them to install Windows 7 if your PC is up to it.

Good luck.

Dont install Linux unless ur up to it.

Your computer may be looking to start up from a CD rather than booting up normally??. It may be a case of changing your bios settings. Difficult to say from here i am afraid.

May be better to ask someone on the ground. WOuld also ask them to install Windows 7 if your PC is up to it.

Good luck.

messed with the bios and got windows to reinstall

works great now :GoldenSmile1:

Great stuff. The less time worrying bout your computer means more time enjoying yourself.

sometimes i need the computer to "enjoy myself" :GoldenSmile1: