Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Shangri-La Wing Executive River Suite

EddieHorus

Thought I would share some photos from my one night stay at the Shangri-La with the GF last year. I arrived into Bangkok earlier that day and the GF met me at the airport there and off we went. A friend of mine was nice enough to be able to give us a free night stay, saving me about $300 for the night. The service people were very friendly and helpful, all the way from opening the taxi door till late at night when we ordered some pizza which was delivered by the staff right to our door.

The room its self was very elegant and easily one of the nicest places I have stayed; the look on the GF's face when she walked into the suite was priceless. It was hard for the both of us the next day to move into our apartment on Ratchada Soi 3 which was about the size of the Shangri-La closet...

Edited by EddieHorus

My first trip I got a great deal (~$100 a night) at the Shangri La and then was upgraded upon arrival. Fantastic hotel. I had a memorable session with the gf in that oversized tub.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

It looks like a very nice place to stay and it seems the rates are not that steep.

Is the Shangri-la in general gf?

The difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less.

Yes, Shangri-La is guest friendly. Suites there are great. Shag at the Shang!

Used to book on Priceline.com for $55 USD, then upgrade to a suite for an additional $25.

smile29.jpg

smile30.jpg

shangri-La.jpg

shangri-La2.jpg

shangri-La3.jpg

Retired

Was there on one trip.

lovely hotel & the OP's pics are great.

Across the river is the Pen & I have stayed there several times & it is the best hotel for upscale IMO in Bangkok.

:P

Just up the street is the Mandarin if you got the $$$

Farang = Walking ATM. TG's push the right buttons and money comes out. PIN = BBBJ

Which one is the Krungthep wing and which one is the Shangri-la wing?

Is the (obviously older) part, which is closer to the skytrain station, the Shangri-la wing?

The difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less.

• 2 weeks later...

Which one is the Krungthep wing and which one is the Shangri-la wing?

Is the (obviously older) part, which is closer to the skytrain station, the Shangri-la wing?

After having contacted the reception, their friendly reply told me that the apparently more exclusive wing (pool, lounge, service etc.) is the Krungthep-wing, which is the one next to the skytrain station.

Edited by NINGNING

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Krungthep-wing anyone experience? Planning to stay here a couple of nights in Feb. I have read alot on T-advisor and so on.

G :Fuck_Knows:

My sister and mother stayed in the Krungthep wing last year, and they were disappointed, it was ok, they said, but preferred the Metropolitan and the Hyatt.

I've stayed in the Krungthep Wing once, during my first stay at the Shang, it's the newer wing. The bathrooms were real nice and the window certain had a power switch on the bedside console so you could open them in the morning and enjoy the view of the river, without having to get out of bed. :D

Retired