Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

visa question

drano

Hi

will be travelling to Thailand from Aust in August

thinking about a little side trip to Cambodia when I'm there returning to Thailand before heading home to Australia

wonder waht the visa process is for getting to cambodia and returning to Thailand

I have an Aust passport

cheers

DW

First get yourself a 2 entry tourist visa or more, back home.

Then when you in Thailand, go to Immigration Jomtien soi 5 and apply for a re-entry permit (B1.900)?

That allows you to take a side trip to Cambodia, but you will not loose your visa for Thailand.

Cambodia visa is very easy - visa on arrival B1.000.

Can use one of the many visa run company in Pattaya, who bring you to the border by minivan and incl visa fee for B 2-2.500.

Cambodia also have E-Visa (apply on net) but limit where you can enter Cambodia on this type of visa (by air only)

Went in Feb. got visa when got to airport. Didn't have picture he said that's ok and charged me two dollars more. Then walked mine over to the final desk, never did take picture. I was called before many of the people who had a picture. They are used to USD over there.

Edited by Anokanite

If you want to save some time, Cambodia allows you to get a visa online. Funny that Cambodia of all places would be technologically more advanced than most other countries out there! You just need to scan a recent passport-style photo (JPG format) and use their web interface at http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh/e-visa/vindex.aspx. Cost is US$25.

Some bad info posted here. With a two entry tourist visa you do not need a re-entry permit from Jomtien. That only applies if you have a one year visa or retirement extension. Just leave and your second entry is used on your visa. The trip must be the day before or earlier than the validity date of the visa.

Taoism: sh*t happens

Buddhism: if sh*t happens, it isn't really sh*t

Islam: if sh*t happens, it is the will of Allah

Catholicism: if sh*t happens, you deserve it

Judaism: why does this sh*t always happen to us?

Atheism: I don't believe this sh*t

First get yourself a 2 entry tourist visa or more, back home.

Then when you in Thailand, go to Immigration Jomtien soi 5 and apply for a re-entry permit (B1.900)?

That allows you to take a side trip to Cambodia, but you will not loose your visa for Thailand.

This would depend on how long you will be staying in the region. If your ticket home is booked for more than 30 days after you arrived you would do well to get a tourist visa before you come (giving you 60 days in the country.) There is no fee for a single entry tourist visa. If your stay in the region is less than 30 days you will not need a visa for Thailand. When you re-enter Thailand they will either give you 15 days, if you enter via a land crossing, or 30 days at an international airport. If you are not staying in Thailand for longer than your visa free entry allows you do not need a double entry tourist visa, which is not free.

Also, I do not understand why you would need a re-entry permit on a double entry tourist visa.

You might like to get a visa for Cambodia in Australia before you leave as it should be cheaper.

If you want to save some time, Cambodia allows you to get a visa online. Funny that Cambodia of all places would be technologically more advanced than most other countries out there! You just need to scan a recent passport-style photo (JPG format) and use their web interface at http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh/e-visa/vindex.aspx. Cost is US$25.

I looked at using this or something similar late last year. I did some searching and found that there were reports of it being unreliable at best and a fraud at worst. Maybe it has changed but I wouldn't trust them.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

NO bad or wrong info.

The point and use for 're-entry permit':

OP want to make a side trip during his stay in Thailand - and returning to Thailand. = SIDE TRIP TO ANOTHER COUNTRY ! Then return.

Without a re entry permit ahead of leaving (and later return to Thailand) his remaining days in current Visa last entry will be lost (without a re-entry permit).

Example: leaving LOS 2 week into his 2 entry visa = the remaining 6 weeks of 2nd entry is Lost without a re entry permit.

Get a re entry permit ahead of the side trip and the current visa validity is not lost.

Just ask Immigration - I did in the past - and followed their advice to get a 're-entry' - and my current visa wasn't lost.

is it the weather or what (sigh)

Some bad info posted here. With a two entry tourist visa you do not need a re-entry permit from Jomtien. That only applies if you have a one year visa or retirement extension. Just leave and your second entry is used on your visa. The trip must be the day before or earlier than the validity date of the visa.

Wrong!

If OP want a side trip during his last entry - and return - the validity is lost when leave Thailand.

With re-entry permit ahead, last entry remaining validity is not lost.

Ask Immigration.

Wrong!

If OP want a side trip during his last entry - and return - the validity is lost when leave Thailand.

With re-entry permit ahead, last entry remaining validity is not lost.

Ask Immigration.

Where did he say that he was going to leave twice?

He still does not need a re-entry permit for what was originally asked and what you answered.

I am sure there are many other scenarios where your answer may have been correct but not in this case.

Taoism: sh*t happens

Buddhism: if sh*t happens, it isn't really sh*t

Islam: if sh*t happens, it is the will of Allah

Catholicism: if sh*t happens, you deserve it

Judaism: why does this sh*t always happen to us?

Atheism: I don't believe this sh*t

Maybe I will just stay in LOS

I'm sure it will be more fun than anywhere else

leaning towards a few days in Hua Hin then maybe a side trip to Pattaya from BKK

no visa hassles etc

thanks heaps for the info guys

PS Do you think I will get laid in Thailand ??