IGNORED

Boxing gloves...what is the best place to get them?

TMTI

Hello,

I am looking for boxing gloves here in Pattaya/Jomtien.

Recently I visitid a shop opposite Royal Garden at second road.

They quote for the Twins prices between 1900 and 2200 Thai baht.

DOes anybody have a good price quotation for these type of gloves?

And what is the best place to get them?

Regards.

Steal them from a boxer. If he's wearing gloves and you're not you should easily win the fight!

I suppose once you get his gloves off you might have a problem though... :D

OK, scratch that plan, probably better to buy them from a shop. :)

(No, I have nothing useful to add, sorry!)

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

haha Devil Plaything that reminds me of some friends of me

in a drunk state of mind they stole a bag with stuff in a bar...later outside they opened the bag and saw boxing gloves, shoes, shorts, a rope, bandage and many more...so they got the hell out of there

In Bangkok best place is the two shops out the front of Lumpinee Stadium. 1000 - 1300 baht.

In Pattaya/Jomtien, Scorpion Gym has a shop at their gym and sell Windy. They're in Soi Norway off Thappraya Rd. Open mornings and afternoons.

Edited by astroboy

Try the Fairtex shop, just by the Fairtex gym in Pattaya Nua. Fairtex has the best boxing equipment, especially gloves.

Hello,

Regards.

Like everything else in life you get what you pay for from a quality standpoint. I bought a good pair of TWINS for around 2000 Baht off of 2nd road (sounds like the same place), which seemed to be the going rate, I have seen cheaper pairs (from both cost and quality) in the 1200 Baht range and seen other pairs for upwards of 3000 Baht (don't recall the brand) but they appeared to be very well made. One suggestion is for training purposes get velcro, much easier to manage by yourself with wraps on.... (probably obvious but you never know :001_Thank_You5: )

Edited by cc2709

I am a very very hansum man, just ask any of the BG's I have BFed!!!

Hi,

I would like to give my opinion here. i have tried many of the different thai brand boxing gloves and will give you a quick outline below of each and then my recommendation.

Twins - good value gloves with a big western presence. find them to be rather large overall compared to most brands. and have funny shaped foam around the wrist so they rub!

Fairtex - more expensive, best build quality, most comfortable gloves. last a long time.

Sandee - much better value in general, good quality but not the name of twins and fairtex. a better product than twins but you dont get the brand which is important in the west!!

MTG - much like sandee, another cheaper brand but still very good quality. supposed to fall apart after year tho.

ThaiSmai - a thai brand not available in England, supposed to be on par with others mentioned above but i cannot say from experience.

Please be aware a lot of places in thailand will be selling fake products so watch out for this. for any of the above gloves you should be paying between 30-45 Pounds. if you are getting cheaper they are not real!!!!

If you intend to box in them please do not buy fakes they often contain hard foam or are more solid so should not be used competitively.

I would recommend you buy fairtex gloves. specifically the bgv-1 sparing gloves. they will last years are by far the most comfortable and are a great brand too.

chokdee

Edited by Nak Muay

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

go see the guy in the wheelchair who owns the windy shop on second road. he has everything and is a good guy!

its just down second road on the opposite side past mikes mall.... towards Soi 6 direction

Thanks for the tips...I will try the fairtex ones.

I dont do kickboxing/muay thai, but just the normal boxing.

Where is this Windy Shop exactly...I know Mike shopping mall/Soi 6...is it on the west or east side of the road?

Thanks for all the help...

I visited Fairtex today...the training-complex looks very nice and clean...

I vistited the shop in the complex and chose the bgv-4 ones in dalamtian print because they looked funny.

BGV-4-Dalmatian.jpg

Still however, the girl there tolld she had to call the factory, if they still can make mine. She said, she will call me back on monday to tell if it was

okay. Is there also another Fairtex shop in Pattaya/Jomtien? (just in case)

Thanks for all the help...

I visited Fairtex today...the training-complex looks very nice and clean...

I vistited the shop in the complex and chose the bgv-4 ones in dalamtian print because they looked funny.

BGV-4-Dalmatian.jpg

Still however, the girl there tolld she had to call the factory, if they still can make mine. She said, she will call me back on monday to tell if it was

okay. Is there also another Fairtex shop in Pattaya/Jomtien? (just in case)

there is the fairtex stadium on soi 2 in jontiem they have a shop there too.

just grab one of the posters all over town advertising the thai boxing matches at the stadium every month and give it to a motorbike taxi bloke.

I know the stadium, I actually been there for a test-training sesion. Still however, that sucked, but I think that was done by other guys, and not the fairtex ones.

It was quit amateuristic.

Anyway, I will check the stadium for its shop soon.

Well,

I not heard from the Fairtex Pattaya Nua branch yet.

I also been to the stadium yesterday, and asked the man over there if he could get the dalmatian Fairtex gloves.

He was all the time saying yes and tomorrow and asked afterwards for a 1000 baht deposit. I said I agree to take them from you tomorrow.

Still however the guy kept begging about the deposit. After me saying I will not give, he insisted to trust me, and get the gloves for the next day.

Still however the guy did not call me back or anything, like he promised, so I am happy not given a deposit.

Hello,

Regards.

I suggest you to buy the boxing gloves online. There have lots of cheap and high quality boxling gloves on ebay, please check out

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=boxing+gloves&_sacat=See-All-Categories

http://www.sourcingmap.com/new-camouflage-design-boxing-glove-p-8797.html

• 4 weeks later...

I got genuine twins gloves and shin pads for $100 AU here in sydney.. We ordered 30+ sets at the club i train at...

Ill buy a few pairs when im there next... Id assume because we're ferang we'd pay more?

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't find any good deals in Pattaya, everywhere was asking tourist prices. I recently asked exactly the same question on another forum and got this great link for cheap shops, most in BKK, one in Phuket. If you are coming through BKK, def get them there, best prices and range.

http://www.muaythaitrainingcamps.com/buy-muay-thai-gear/

Had this place recommended too:

http://www.mymuaythai.com/archives/shopping/