IGNORED

Transport from Phuket airport to Karon beach

DeLaMunte

Hi guys,

Does anyone know what transportation options are available for going from Phuket airport to Karon Beach ?

Is it possible to book a taxi in advance ? .... Any buses available ?

Thank you.

ask for a minibus, should be an area in arrivals where they offer taxis etc.

i thing its about 300baht

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

When you get to the Airport and are waitng for your baggage, there will be guys hanging around near the door asking if you need taxi.

They are tha privat unmetre ones.Will quote you 900bt to Patong, probably 1200 to go further south.

Exit the terminal and turn right, there is a metred taxi rank there with an operator in a booth. My trip to Patong, the metre was 300 plus 100 airport exit fee.

Getting out to the airpot I used a private driver in a private car 450bt all up. I did this because the metred cabs are run out of town in Patong, and the only ones, unmetred, charge 800-900bt. The taxi marfia will bash anny metred cab seen in town picking up.

PM me if you want his name and number, not sure if he will come out to the airport without a fare but I think he will. He was a nice fellow to boot. His car is a new Corolla so if your more than 3 or really overloaded with bags it might not work.

The mini bus is good if there are a lot of you, but they can be hit and miss, they usually wait till they have a full load, and then you bounce allover the place droping people off.

Just means the chance of a lot longer trip.

"Up to You" Have a good trip.

Edited by justcruzing1

" Of Course You Love Me Darlink, I Handsome Man"5555

• 3 weeks later...

Just back from Phuket. Standard taxi fare booked at the airport is 750 baht to Karon Beach. Booked taxi back to the airport at the hotel and was 900 baht. Stayed at the Taworn Palm Rresort. About 1300 Baht per night incuding breakfast. Right across from the beach, very close to bars and restaurants.

• 3 months later...

Just back from Phuket. Standard taxi fare booked at the airport is 750 baht to Karon Beach. Booked taxi back to the airport at the hotel and was 900 baht. Stayed at the Taworn Palm Rresort. About 1300 Baht per night incuding breakfast. Right across from the beach, very close to bars and restaurants.

I always really loved Phuket, but the major downfall is the public transport systems. A bunch of unfriendly gangsters (are there any other?) if you ask me. The airport taxis are always stupidly expensive in my opinion and left a sour taste in my mouth everytime I landed at the airport. There is not much choice though really so you have to go along with their crazy rates.