IGNORED

kloster beer

meaty

whatever happened to kloster beer,it used to be singha or kloster,visited patts last year not been for a long time and cant remember seeing it anywhere

Good q. I mentioned this recently. It had my favourite slogan: "Happiness you can drink" You still see old stickers and posters on walls for it. It was my beer of choice. As to what happened I don't know. I know the Carlsberg story, though.

There was some sort of Licensing problem with Kloster so the brand was discontinued years ago. Pity, was my favorite beer in Thailand for awhile.

He who asks a question is a fool for a minute; he who does not remains a fool forever. Buddha

• 3 weeks later...

There was some sort of Licensing problem with Kloster so the brand was discontinued years ago. Pity, was my favorite beer in Thailand for awhile.

Huh ? I am sure I had one last time I was in Thailand ( either June 09 or Nov 09 ) in Patts or Koh Chang. I remember cos i used to drink them all the time and had one cos i hadnt seen them for a while.

Should have checked the use by date. I was sick for a week on my last trip! Doh !

Maybe i stumbled on the only place that has them left ? I am sure it was Koh Chang come to think of it.

G'Day Playmates

Not only did KLOSTER vanish so did SINGHA GOLD ( in my opinion the best ).....never could under stand why ????

MRBILL2

• 2 weeks later...

i dont know about kloster beer but i had after a night on singha i had the shakes for two days

that was a real bummer cos i kept spilling my heinaken lol

THE POKER BUNNY

Another those were the days thread he? Oh well might as well chip in my bit. Back in the days when it was singha or Kloster for me Kloster won accept when I was upcountry and they only ever had Singha... or maybe evn Amarit, another Thai brew if you remember that? Later they brought out Amarit NB which was a noble Thai attempt to make a beer equal to Kloster.

Can anybody remember when they used to actually brew brand name Guinness in Thailand? It was in the very early 90's and was made by the Boon Rawd brewery in Bangkok who also made Singha. The bottle had a sticker on it that featured the head of a dog and the legend 'Guinness is good for you'. It tasted OK but was very flat, no chance of getting a decent head on it. it didn't last long. I used to love going on visa runs back then just to get access to other varieties of beer.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

I have heard about different beers and it is really good to have some, I always tell my friends to bring some beer bottles from there and the taste is simply good to have.