IGNORED

Ruamchitt Plaza

waffleuk

Here is another hotel review I’ve done for my buddy who is travelling to Thailand tomorrow. He asked me where I stay in Bangkok and I’ve written him this small review, I hope someone else may benefit from it. Cheers.

The Ruamchitt Plaza is situated between Soi 13 and 15 on Sukhumit Road; it sits directly above the Thermae Coffee Shop which is a late night bar that used to be a pick up Mecca, but now is mostly frequented by Japanese men.

Location – The Ruamchitt Plaza is situated half way between Soi Nana and Soi Cowboy, it is within 5 minutes of two BTS stations (those being Asoke and Nana). There is Robinsons shopping mall a few hundred metres away, as well as a McDonalds and many other restaurants. What I love about this hotel is buzz you get from the night vendors in the day and at night, there is nothing better than sitting on Sukhumvit about 2am eating some food and having a drink at a plastic table. They also have a pool bar next door that is always good for a cold beer in the afternoon or before you hit the town.

Rooms – The standard rooms are just that, standard. You will most probably look out over another building, have a small en-suite bathroom, A/C and double bed. The deluxe rooms are brilliant, polished wooden floors, huge soft beds, big room, flat screen TV and a nice big bathroom.

Staff – I’ve had nothing but great service from them, they will go out of their way to help you if you ask them something.

Pool – The pool is on top of the hotel, you have a great view of Bangkok from up there. This was always something that appealed to me.

Overall – The location is ideal, the buzz from the street is infectious and the deluxe rooms are comfortable and homely. I can imagine the location to be less advantageous to someone who isn’t interested in the P4P scene or someone who hates the busy streets. I’m married now, but we still book in to this place; the wife really likes it (probably because they sell Som Tam right outside).

If he is traveling to Bangkok tomorrow, check out www.latestays.com prices in Bangkok are falling FAST, you can get the Landmark for B2300, Legascy Suites under that.

Ruamchitt Plaza is a shithole, short time hotel

If he is traveling to Bangkok tomorrow, check out www.latestays.com prices in Bangkok are falling FAST, you can get the Landmark for B2300, Legascy Suites under that.

Ruamchitt Plaza is a shithole, short time hotel

The OP obviously likes it, stating the exec rooms are good---no need to shit on his parade

I used to stay at the RoomShit Plaza for one-nighters because you could always get a room there without a reservation,

even if arriving late. Standard rooms are large, but well worn and often smell of mildew. TV is very small screen, but good

selection of channels. The place has a certain nostalgic appeal for me because I've banged many bar girls there, but now

prefer to spend a few hundred baht more for better accommodations. There's also a RoomShit Travelodge on Soi 10,

same price at 1200, but rooms are significantly smaller.

But spitpin is correct, there are far better hotel deals now. For example, I just booked the City Lodge on Soi 19 for

tonite at 1069 baht, and much better than the RoomShit Plaza.

Haven't tried the deluxe rooms there, however, so can't comment on how much better they are than the regular rooms.

I have never seen a roach there, so I'll give the management credit for that. Building looks much better with the

recent paint job, still waiting for them to renovate the rooms.

Thermae Coffeehouse occupies the basement of the building.

Edited by Piece Corp

Retired

i like wise used to stay at the ruamchitt plaza but it got way to run down and the prices kept going up i also now use city lodge (soi9 1200 ) or (soi 19 1900 ) if soi 19 has dropped its prices to 1069 bt i will be staying there again next month

The difference between the standard rooms and the new deluxe rooms at the Ruamchitt are like night and day. The standard rooms aren't the best, but they do a job. The deluxe rooms are really nice, see picture below of the deluxe room.

accomm2.jpg

The difference between the standard rooms and the new deluxe rooms at the Ruamchitt are like night and day. The standard rooms aren't the best, but they do a job. The deluxe rooms are really nice, see picture below of the deluxe room.

Agree. The standard rooms are bad, but the renovated superior rooms were good. Havent stayed there since late 2008. Always liked the rooftop pool.

• 1 month later...

Sorry, Don't mean to thread -ck here, but would really be interested in any current info. about thermae cafe??

I went by it- one day with a tailor tout -trying to sell me his wears. I was about to head downstairs-late afternoon- he says they don't open until after 8pm./20:00 hrs.

Maybe, he just pissed- as wouldn't buy anything?

I would love to stay there once- just so I can take a look. I hear it's Thermae is nothing like it used to be, and the Japanese men are paying the ladies big$$$'s so, not as interested in Falang's, but this place is / little-bit/ on my to do list.. Do they really have regular Bangkok lady office workers-or just jaded FL's?

What's up???

Sorry, Don't mean to thread -ck here, but would really be interested in any current info. about thermae cafe??

I went by it- one day with a tailor tout -trying to sell me his wears. I was about to head downstairs-late afternoon- he says they don't open until after 8pm./20:00 hrs.

Maybe, he just pissed- as wouldn't buy anything?

I would love to stay there once- just so I can take a look. I hear it's Thermae is nothing like it used to be, and the Japanese men are paying the ladies big$$$'s so, not as interested in Falang's, but this place is / little-bit/ on my to do list.. Do they really have regular Bangkok lady office workers-or just jaded FL's?

What's up???

The tailor was correct in that they are not open in the afternoon. Not worth going in until after 10 or so. It has become a Japanese hang out, but farang are more than welcome and it is not hard to score as a farang. You might get some birds telling you they are regular Bangkok ladies but the vast majority (if not all of them) are just standard freelancers. IMHO so many better options that I rarely go there anymore.

If you want to pop in just so you can say you have, and to have a look for yourself, my advise is to start your night at either Cowboy or Nana then around Midnight go to Thermae on your way to the other (Cowboy or Nana).