IGNORED

ATM card fraud

darkstar

Hi I used my Kasikorn ATM card to withdraw money from a Kasikorn atm and it told me that insufficent funds I know that there was about 12,000 baht in my account so when I asked the teller to explain she showed me that all my money was withdrawn in Phuket.My last withdrawal of 2000 baht was made at a main Kasikorn bank ATM so the people behind the cloning of my card would have set up their device there .The police has been informed and showed me the type of device they use ,I now have to go to the bank manager to ask for the video showing the person involved and give it to the police my question to all this is am I likely to be credited for my loses from the bank as they are the ones responsible for their ATMs or should I just give up!!

:001_Thank_You5:

.......................should I just give up!!

Last I heard of ATM scammers here it was the lad in the monkey house on the Big Trouble in Tourist Thailand series.

A bit scary as I just put a lump of cash in there.

You certainly don't want to be giving up.

Are you here in Pattaya with lots of time? Are they going to get the VDO sent here?

You could do with a Thai to help you with the BiB side of things.

I don't know which branch but Soi Buakhow staff are pretty good English speakers.

Good luck. It won't be easy but I would hope they'll pay - eventually.

Perhaps it was one of these

Malaysians held over B10m ATM card scam

Banks say more than 100 customers affected

Bangkok Post

Al.

Last I heard of ATM scammers here it was the lad in the monkey house on the Big Trouble in Tourist Thailand series.

A bit scary as I just put a lump of cash in there.

You certainly don't want to be giving up.

Are you here in Pattaya with lots of time? Are they going to get the VDO sent here?

You could do with a Thai to help you with the BiB side of things.

I don't know which branch but Soi Buakhow staff are pretty good English speakers.

Good luck. It won't be easy but I would hope they'll pay - eventually.

I intend to live hear for about 2 years ,been hear 2 months already the Kasikorn bank is in Central Road and the staff did try their best but I think I need to see the branch manager as the staff seem reluctant to help a falang ,my account was canceeled on the day of me reporting.

ATM fraudsters are everywhere, so why not in Thailand?

Next time try travellers cheques...or covering the keypad with your hand or your wallet when you type in your PIN number.

But I guess this advice is not new...