Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Visa for a polish citizen

Strike07

I am polish and I am planning a trip to Pattaya in June. Probably 3 weeks long. What kind of visa do I need to get, what kind of documents I need etc? I would appreciate any help.

We are captives of our own identities, living in prisons of our own creation.

TEMPORARY TOURIST VISA : VISA ON ARRIVAL

- According to the Interior Ministerial Announcements, passport holders from 21 countries may apply for visas at the immigration checkpoints for the purpose of tourism for the period of not exceeding 15 days.

- The applicant must possess means of living expenses at the amount of 10,000 Baht per person and 20,000 Baht per family accordingly

- The applicant must possess a passport with at least six-month validity and must present full paid ticket which is usable within 15 days since the date of entry

- Visa on arrival is provided at 32 designated international checkpoints and applicants should submit the application form duly filled out and to which his/her recent photograph (4 x 6 cm) is attached. The application fee is 1,000 Baht..

- Visitors who enter the Kingdom with Visa on Arrival generally cannot file an application for extension of stay except in special cases such as illness which prevents them from travelling, etc. They can submit an application at the Office of Immigration Bureau , Immigration Division 1, Soi Suan Plu, South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120. Tel. 02 287-3127 or 02 287-3101-10 ext. 2264-5 or at website http://www.immigration.go.th

• List of 21 countries are as follow :

1. Bhutan : Kingdom of Bhutan

2. China : People’s Republic of China

3. Cyprus : Republic of Cyprus

4. Czech : Czech Republic

5. Estonia : Republic of Estonia

6. Hungary : Republic of Hungary

7. India : Republic of India

8. Kazakhstan : Republic of Kazakhstan

9. Latvia : Republic of Latvia

10. Liechtenstein : Principality of Liechtenstein

11. Lithuania : Republic of Lithuania

12. Maldives : Republic of Maldives

13. Mauritius : Republic of Mauritius

14. Oman : Sultanate of Oman

15. Poland : Republic of Poland

16. Russian Federation

17. Saudi Arabia : Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

18. Slovakia : Slovak Republic

19. Slovenia : Republic of Slovenia

20. Taiwan

21. Ukraine

not sure what you can do if you want to stay for three weeks, a visa run may be the sollution...

hope this helps.

Trust me, it's paradise. This is where the hungry come to feed.

For mine is a generation that circles the globe and searches for something we haven't tried before.

So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome.

Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it.

reeves.jpg

You don't say where you are at the moment if in Poland I found this on the web that could help Thai Embassy Warsaw reading it (using google translate) it looks as if you will have to apply for a 60 day tourist visa before you travel if you intend staying more than 15 days.

I would query the fee of 100 PLN though it should be free as the Thai Government has extended the exempion of visa fees for the 60 day single entry tourist visa until 31st March 2011.

If you are in the UK I would suggest applying to the Thai Consulate in Hull Thai Consulate Hull as they are a Consulate and not an Embassy they do charge for the visa details are on the website.

As far as I am aware the Thai Embassy in London does issue a 60 day visa free of charge the disadvantage is that you have to apply in person whereas the Consulate in Hull accepts postal applications. As for the Embassy in Warsaw I have no idea though the information should be on the website

Al.

If you booked your flight with a travel agency, just ask them to assist. They are used to handle visas for all their package tourists.

Edited by Benny10

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

You don't say where you are at the moment if in Poland I found this on the web that could help Thai Embassy Warsaw reading it (using google translate) it looks as if you will have to apply for a 60 day tourist visa before you travel if you intend staying more than 15 days.

I am in Poland atm and I am polish.

If you booked your flight with a travel agency, just ask them to assist. They are used to handle visas for all their package tourists.

Nah, going there on my own travel agencies have crazy prices.

Do I have to go to embassy personally or I can send them application by the post office?:GoldenSmile1:

Also can I get visa before booking my flight and hotel or not? What If I don't know my arrival date yet etc.?

Edited by Strike07

Bump, still need the answers to the last 2 questions please.

As you are in Europe, you can apply to Hull consulate in the UK, by post. Its far easier than any other place across Europe, you could get yourself an 0 visa, (with no supporting evidence) which will cover you for a year and a bit. And you can stay for 3 months at a time.

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/

on the hull embassy website, how do you open the application forms? when I click it, it downloads but cannot open in Adobe Reader.

gk9qT.png

So I decided to go to Warsaw Thai Embassy in Poland, just one more question (I want to be sure about everything since it's 4 hour journey for me to get to the Warsaw) - in tourist visa application there is a place to enter the date of arrival, flight number and proper address in thailand, does that mean that I can only get visa after I will book my flight? And what If I am going to change hotels/apartments every few days?

Sorry for my noob questions, but I've never flown anywhere else but Europe, never had to get visa, etc.