IGNORED

how long a visa can one get

johnboy_3

Is it possible to get a visa for two to three months holidays in thailand and whats the limit on how long one can holiday in thailand with out having to keep renewing the visa

Longest visa (without having to go on a visa run) you can get out of the UK for travel to Thailand is the single non immigration 'O' visa. A single 'O' visa is good for 3 months (90 days) stay and costs around £40. Just incase you are interested, there is a multiple 'O' visa which costs £100 and enables you to stay for up to 15 months in Thailand but you have to do a visa run every 3 months.

Both are easy to get from the Thai consulate in Hull. You just go to their website and download and print out the forms, fill out and sign the forms and send by recorded mail with your passport, a photo and the visa fee to the Hull consulate. Turnaround is pretty quick and you will usually get your passport with 'O' visa returned to you within 3 days.

Edited by bestmate

thanks for the information, thats a reasonable price for 3 months, thanks for the link also

thanks for the information, thats a reasonable price for 3 months, thanks for the link also

I'm not sure if it has changed now, but when I got my 90 days from Hull you get 60 days initially with another 30 days added on when your 60 days expire. You get the extra 30 days by visiting immigration in Jometien. It is a great visa to get if you are staying for a long time, believe me the border hops get old real fast. I used to dread the monthly bus ride to Cambodia to extend my visa. Drivers with death wishes and a thirty minute stop at the border which can only be described as hell on earth.

All the best.

I'm not sure if it has changed now, but when I got my 90 days from Hull you get 60 days initially with another 30 days added on when your 60 days expire. You get the extra 30 days by visiting immigration in Jometien. It is a great visa to get if you are staying for a long time, believe me the border hops get old real fast. I used to dread the monthly bus ride to Cambodia to extend my visa. Drivers with death wishes and a thirty minute stop at the border which can only be described as hell on earth.

All the best.

waffleuk, what you are describing is the 'Single Entry Tourist Visa' which gives you 60 days stay in Thailand and as you said, you can add an additional 30 days extension in Jomtien for 1900bht. This is a different visa to the 'Non immigrant 'O' visa which gives the full 90 days without needing to extend in Jomtien. Both can be obtained via post from the Hull consulate.

Cheers.

All the best.

thanks i will look into the 90 day one which can be got from hull, dont fancy having to treak to Cambodia to get it renewed,lol

I'm not sure if it has changed now,..........., believe me the border hops get old real fast. I used to dread the monthly bus ride to Cambodia

Now every 2 weeks for those without visas doing border runs by land and I believe you can only do 2.

Meanwhile, single entry Tourist Visas are still free they say, so why would anyone bother?

The Royal Thai Government has extended the tourist visa exemption scheme that had expired in March 2010. As a result of the decision, foreign citizens that qualify for a tourist visa are not subjected to a visa fee. The exemption scheme will be in effect from 11 May 2010 until 31 March 2011 (the fee exemption is not extended to other types of visas).

For further information please contact the Consular Department,Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand (662-981-7171) or the Royal Thai Missions or visit Visas and Travel Documents webpage.

Thanx for the info papatex. I may have to extend my 30 day exemption next Xmas. 4 weeks is just not long enough!

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it