IGNORED

Visa

iceman

Hi. my visa expired 9th of Mai, i was suppose to go back on the 8th but got sick and could´t make it home on time

just wondering what would b the best way for me to do that is.. pay overstay at the airport for 2 weeks or go to the immigration at jomtien

and get visa there,, witch would b better,cheaper. also does it help to take note from doctor to them.. greetings..

If you can get a doctors certificate to cover that period, then go to Immigration on Soi 5 and get it sorted on medical grounds. It is never good to have an over-stay stamped in your passport, so if at all possible I would try and sort it asap.

Agreed get the visa extension at Jomtien Immigration Centre. If on the highly unlikely event that you get stopped by a police officer who decides to check your visa status and finds out you have overstayed, you would be arrested on the spot and taken to the police station where you would stay till you are taken to court to pay a fine for overstay and then taken to a detention centre before been deported on the next available flight. Happened to a friend of mine so i would advice you to get your visa status sorted asap even though chances are you would eb ok but i would rather enjoy the rest of my holiday with peace of mind rather than worry i get involved in some kind of trouble or incident which puts me on the police radar.

Edited by bestmate