IGNORED

Sophon Cable Internet

Bam_Bam

Is anyone else out there using or should I more correctly say, trying to use, Sophon's Cable Internet.

Due to some ridiculous new "Rules" that I was having shoved in my face by the phone companies, putting ADSL into the house I just moved into at the end of Feb was out of the question, so I went down the Sophon Cable path.

It is truly the most unreliable ISP I have ever had, :Bravo1: the service they provide comes via CAT Telecom, so I don't know if that is where the problem lies or not.

I suffer almost daily outages, and you can almost set your clock by the times that it will drop out, usually sometime between 7 and 8 am each morning, if a day goes by when it doesn't happen I count my blessings.

I must admit though, they are usually fairly prompt at coming out to fix the problem.

Bam Bam

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

I know 3 people using Sophon cable internet, they all think its great. I have heard it can be less reliable the further out of town you are.

I have had only 1 outage and they told me that the fiber optics was down, would be back on in 1-2 hours when it wasn't I called them and they were at my house within 20 minutes, as it turned out my wireless burned out and fortunately I had a spare at home, they programed it and hasn't missed a beat sense. When I ordered the system they installed it within 2 hours, I don't believe I got or needed a phone line, I think I am in the fiber optics area.

I think that Sophon is trying to pass the ball to CAT. I used CAT for more than a year in Kaotalo area. It was fast, reliable, but quite high priced.

Edited by Benny10

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

I had read on a Sophon Brochure something about CAT so I went there first before Sophon thinking eliminate the middle man. I got the typical Thai lies and double talk. I asked them point blank if they had fiber optics she told me yes, so then I said ok I don't need a telephone line, OH yes sir you do, our fiber optics comes on telephone wire. I got out fast and went to Sophon Internet. They are knowledgeable, friendly and speak English well. I would suggest you go ask them "when are you going to have fiber optics in your area.

I have had it for about 6 months and it works ok, there are outages usually about the same time every day 6pm or so for me. otherwise great

I have had it for about 6 months and it works ok, there are outages usually about the same time every day 6pm or so for me. otherwise great

yep ,I live in south pattaya road ,and i am pleased with it ......TIT...

Well, each time they had been out previously, they had to go out into the street to find and fix the problem, this time however, they found something going amiss in my wireless router, the incoming signal should have been detected as a PPOPE but was showing as Dynamic IP (DHCP) how or why it was showing that, is beyond me.

Not long after they left it dropped out again, so this time, knowing where to look, I had a look for myself, it had gone Back to Dynamic IP

After rebooting the Sophon Modem, it came back to PPOPE, and it's been ok since, still not overly sure what is causing this.

By the way I am way up the top of Soi Khao Talo

I had Cable Internet in Aust and it was faultless, never lost it at any stage.

Bam Bam

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

i will try but i have to wait for using Sophon cable internet.