IGNORED

Restrictions on liquids in hand luggage

Scumbag

Looks like Thailand is limiting the amount of liguids, gels and pastes like many other countries so be prepared. The following text is quoted from Thai Airway's website.

Flg. Off. Apinan Sumanaseni, President of Thai Airways International Public Company Limited, announced that the company has implemented additional safety procedures for passengers traveling domestic and international flights, in accordance with the International Civil Aviation Organization’s (ICAO) interim security control guidelines for the screening of liquids, aerosols, and gels. Implementation of this supplementary safety procedure will take effect on 1 June 2007 onwards and has been introduced to safeguard passengers, cabin crew, ground staff, and the public. The safety guidelines are as follows:

1. Liquids, aerosols, and gels, such as water, drinks, cream, lotion, oil, perfume, spray, hair gel, bath gel, various types of foam, toothpaste, deodorant, or any product of similar substance that is carried in carry-on baggage must be placed in a container not over 100 milliliters (or equivalent amount of measure, i.e. ounces). Substances totaling more than 100 milliliters will not be allowed on board, regardless of how little the amount of Liquid, aerosol, or gel it may contain.

2. Containers used to carry liquids, aerosols, and gels must be placed into one transparent resealable plastic bag not over 1 liter in size.

3. Only one transparent resealable plastic bag per passenger is allowed onboard airplanes, which must pass the screening checkpoint.

4. Exemptions have been made for milk and soft food for infants in suitable amounts, as well as medicine with prescription label affixed for inspection at the screening checkpoint.

5. Passengers must separate the transparent resealable plastic bag containing liquids, aerosols, and gels apart from other cabin baggage, including laptops and jackets, at the screening checkpoint.

These recommended measures are expected to be implemented in Thailand as of 1 June 2007 onwards, pending the official announcement on security control guidelines restricting liquids, aerosols, and gels from Thailand’s Department of Civil Aviation.

The company requests the cooperation of passengers flying on THAI’s international flights to seek information on policies and regulations of the final destination country in advance of departure, carefully adhering to respective country measures. Particular emphasis is places on duty free allowances, which vary per country.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

So I assume I must place the following in a plastic bag, obtainable at the screening point.

1. Tube toothpaste

2. Roll on deodrant

3. My medicines and creams

None of the above can be over 100ml. Is this correct?

This is complicated for me, as I've loads of stuff - inhalers, eye drops, nose spray, perscription cream for skin. Do I have 2 place all these in a plastic bag or maybe just risk it? If I do risk it and they find them, will they confiscate them?

Anyone?

Well I've just phoned Emirates and flying from Birmingham the rules are:

Each item must contain no more than 100ml.

Anything more WILL be confiscated.

All items 2 be placed in clear, resealable plastic bag for inspection.

If I do this and they nick my important stuff I will be fuming.

From the Scumbag post:

Substances totaling more than 100 milliliters will not be allowed on board, regardless of how little the amount of Liquid, aerosol, or gel it may contain.

Do they mean containers potentially holding more than 100ml: example: a 200ml tub of cream with only 20ml left in the bottom?

Or that your not allowed more than 100ml in total?

I'm not sure thats clear but maybe it's me?

Doesn't this only apply to cabin baggge?

yes - i asked.

don't want 2 place vital medicines in check in luggage though, incase it gets lost.

Note that there is an exemption for 'medicine with prescription label affixed.'

I believe that the containers must not be able to hold more than 100mL. In your example the 200ml tub of cream with only 20ml left in the bottom would be confiscated.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

ok guys unfortunately I am now back in the uk so this info is bang up to date.

the restrictions are being followed quite strictly which is unusual but there you go. ie hand luggage searched carefully before x ray.

part filled containers or bottles are NOT allowed and will be binned, so any more than a midgit toothpaste is going nowhere, likewise all cans of beer, orange juice, water etc are too big and will end up in the bin.

now note that BKK is not the same as LHR where they do these checks BEFORE you go airside so that anything you buy in the terminal is considered "clean" and you can take with you.

not so bkk they only do the Liquid check as you go to the departure gate. So anything bought airside is still "dirty" and NOT making the plane. So you have boots the chemist happily selling stuff in BKK that will be confiscated minutes later a true T.I T. situation. Likewise any drinks /beers etc bought airside (and they are not cheap) will be saying hello to mr bin unless you drink them before hand. The only exception is full bottles of spirits bought airside from king power with receipt to match. So if your telac has given you a bottle of hootch you have to wrap it and stick it in your checked luggage which is free of these restrictions. (I saw a bottle of chivas regal in one of the bins so it must not have had a king power reciept to go with it.

the only plus is that since you can take liquids airside up to the depature gate you can still bring from your hotel fridge a couple cans of beer to pass the time, if you can find a seat cos there are very few.

Hi Striderman

So a standard 100ml tube of toothapste, partially used is o.k.?

Yes, it's partially used but max 100ml in tube - therefore its fine. Right?

Multiple items of 100ml or less, which fit in bag. Right?

Also, surely a part filled container but less than 100ml in total capacity is o.k.?

Hi Striderman

So a standard 100ml tube of toothapste, partially used is o.k.?

Yes, it's partially used but max 100ml in tube - therefore its fine. Right?

Multiple items of 100ml or less, which fit in bag. Right?

Also, surely a part filled container but less than 100ml is o.k.?

yes I guess so but a big tube of toothpaste which is almost empty is def not ok. Likewise any normal size drink is usually 250 so is too big even if you have slurped most of it. I reckon the duty free spirit would have to be sealed otherwise you could have substituted the contents. You could always brush your teeth later!

Well the toothpaste I buy is 100ml tube, so that will be o.k. I hope.

If they try nicking my perscription medicine/creams I will 'kick off'

• 1 month later...

I travel alot. If the label says 100ml you will be fine. 200ml tube with 10ml left the tube will not be allowed. Your best bet go with any thing with 100ml. Have any taken out side food to the airport? not including drinks just food.

• 4 weeks later...

Here in the US we are still on the English weights and measures (thanks to snobs in America). I checked my toothpaste here and it is measured by weight.

Am I missing something here?

" A man in love is like a clipped coupon- Time to cash in!"

Mae West and some Thai Women

Here in the US we are still on the English weights and measures (thanks to snobs in America). I checked my toothpaste here and it is measured by weight.

Am I missing something here?

In the US it is the 3-1-1 rule: 3oz, 1qt ziplock bag, 1bag per person in carry on luggage. Anything more than this WILL be confiscated. I travel 6-10 times each year and this just sucks ass. BUT, at least you can now take lighters back on the plane. :Hello:

Admin from piatnight.com

• 3 weeks later...

Do these rules apply to domestic flights in thailand like from BKK to Udon Thani. And is this just for THAI airways or for all flights in or out of BKK?