IGNORED

Tourist visa

ICONZ Media CEO

Hey, I'm arriving in Thailand, next weekend. How long can I stay before renewing my visa. I heard 15 days, 23 days. Does anyone no where I can find the correct information? I've check sites, but alot of the links are broken. Thanks!

Edited by ICONZ Media CEO

If you hold a South Korean passport they will give you 30 days if you arrive without a visa. If you are staying longer than 30 days you may like to consider applying for a tourist visa before you leave home. A tourist visa will give you 60 days.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

If you hold a South Korean passport they will give you 30 days if you arrive without a visa. If you are staying longer than 30 days you may like to consider applying for a tourist visa before you leave home. A tourist visa will give you 60 days.

Thanks for the quick response! What if I'm holding an American passport? Still 30days and max. of 60days with the tourist visa?

Edited by ICONZ Media CEO

What u say is almost corekt. But if u arive on a torist visa. U have 60 days and 1 extention on imigration. The extention vil give u another 30 days. And it wil cost u 1900baht. So if u aply fore a torist visa at home. Then u have 90 days in Thailand. With out having to leave the country. Many peopel do not know about the extention. And go to cambodia or so. With out eaven need to go. And them all lose 1 month. If u aply at home it will probably take 5-7 days before u get the visa. Do not forget to bring passport 2 photos and a copy of ur traveling documents. Them need to see it in black and white when u supose to arive and go back.

"I am the punishment of God, if you had not committed great sins God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you"

Thanks for the quick response! What if I'm holding an American passport? Still 30days and max. of 60days with the tourist visa?

The info that others have given here applies to American passports, too. If you arrive without a tourist visa, you'll be given a 30 day visa-exempt permission to stay. This cannot be extended, but if you leave the country near the end of the 30 days, you can turn right back around and get a fresh permission to stay with no hassle. If you come in overland (bus, train, car) you'll only get 15 days. If you fly back in, you'll get 30.

If you plan to stay for a while, you'll want to get a tourist visa ahead of time from a consulate or embassy outside the country. If you do it in person, plan on a couple days (at least) turnaround. If you do it via mail, plan on several weeks turnaround. See the website for the embassy you'll use for details. A single-entry tourist visa for US citizens is 60 days and costs around 1000 baht. As another poster has mentioned, it can be extended at immigration inside of Thailand by 30 days for an additional 1900 baht. If you plan to stay for longer than 90 days, some embassies and consulates will issue double-entry tourist visas (at twice the cost of a single entry). With this type of visa, you still have leave the country within 60 (or 90, if extended) days, but you can return on the same visa (even overland) and get an additional 60 (extendible to 90) days.

How long were you planning to stay?

The info that others have given here applies to American passports, too. If you arrive without a tourist visa, you'll be given a 30 day visa-exempt permission to stay. This cannot be extended!

Unless things have recently changed, you can still get a 7 day extension in Jomtien for a payment of 1900 BHT, usually done while you waaaaiiiitttt! 3 hours my last time.

Edited by sabrethrust

The info that others have given here applies to American passports, too. If you arrive without a tourist visa, you'll be given a 30 day visa-exempt permission to stay. This cannot be extended, but if you leave the country near the end of the 30 days, you can turn right back around and get a fresh permission to stay with no hassle. If you come in overland (bus, train, car) you'll only get 15 days. If you fly back in, you'll get 30.

If you plan to stay for a while, you'll want to get a tourist visa ahead of time from a consulate or embassy outside the country. If you do it in person, plan on a couple days (at least) turnaround. If you do it via mail, plan on several weeks turnaround. See the website for the embassy you'll use for details. A single-entry tourist visa for US citizens is 60 days and costs around 1000 baht. As another poster has mentioned, it can be extended at immigration inside of Thailand by 30 days for an additional 1900 baht. If you plan to stay for longer than 90 days, some embassies and consulates will issue double-entry tourist visas (at twice the cost of a single entry). With this type of visa, you still have leave the country within 60 (or 90, if extended) days, but you can return on the same visa (even overland) and get an additional 60 (extendible to 90) days.

How long were you planning to stay?

Normally, when I travel I stay at each location about 3 months or so. It all depends on what I'm trying to accomplish. I have a media company. Normally, I have guys who want to perform live concerts, learn the culture, language, meet women, etc. I can send guys to Korea or Japan, they will get a 3 month visa once they touch down, but the cost of living is waaaaaay more expensive than places such as Thailand or The Phillipines.

What u say is almost corekt. But if u arive on a torist visa. U have 60 days and 1 extention on imigration. The extention vil give u another 30 days. And it wil cost u 1900baht. So if u aply fore a torist visa at home. Then u have 90 days in Thailand. With out having to leave the country. Many peopel do not know about the extention. And go to cambodia or so. With out eaven need to go. And them all lose 1 month. If u aply at home it will probably take 5-7 days before u get the visa. Do not forget to bring passport 2 photos and a copy of ur traveling documents. Them need to see it in black and white when u supose to arive and go back.

60 days, and then 30 day extension for 1900 baht sounds good. That's what I've done in other places that I've traveled to. I just hear so many different things about Thailand. I think the 15days is if you DON'T fly in to Thailand. I'll be flying in.

If I can do the 60 day, and get an extension for 30, that would work, well. Do you guys know of any LIVE MUSIC bars in Thailand?

60 days, and then 30 day extension for 1900 baht sounds good. That's what I've done in other places that I've traveled to. I just hear so many different things about Thailand. I think the 15days is if you DON'T fly in to Thailand. I'll be flying in.

If I can do the 60 day, and get an extension for 30, that would work, well. Do you guys know of any LIVE MUSIC bars in Thailand?

Yes there is alot plases like that... I have some ideas my self. I not want to talk about them here. Maby we are in the same boat.

"I am the punishment of God, if you had not committed great sins God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you"