IGNORED

Park Plaza

wimpy

Just a quick review of the Park Plaza bec ause I was pretty pleased with the place.

Firstly I booked with Asia Rooms who had the best price at 2950baht a night room only. That was for a Superior Room (standard) but when we checked in we were put in a Deluxe.

The check in staff were good, and from what I could observe they weren't judgemental of my TG who wasn't really dressed for a 4 star hotel, but then again, nor was I, both of us were in shorts and T-Shirts.

The room had what you expect from a good hotel. The extra thing that I liked that I dont recall in other hotels Ive stayed at is an Ice bucket with Ice topped up everyday.

The bathroom had a big bathtub, plenty big enough for 2. The Seperate shower was a rain effect on, very good.

The bedroom was a decent enough size. It had a flatscreen TV (32" would be my guess) and a DVD player. The TV channels were mainly for westerners but there were other channels as well.

The big selling point for me was the free wifi. It was the best wifi ive come across in Thailand.

The inroom safe was plenty big enough for my Notebook.

I don't know about a Joiner fee because I checked in the a girl.

The swimming pool is on the roof, it decent enough and I was the only person in it when I went for a swim. Its a normal rectangle shape. It does anoy me when hotels mess about with the shape of there pools so it makes it impossible to have a decent swim (Pattaya Bay Resort, im talking about you).

I will try and compare it with other hotels Ive stayed in which include Jasmine Suites, Majestic Grande and Landmark.

Park Plazas room was better than the other 3, but the bathroom of the Landmar does win handsdown. Park Plaza doesn't have the grandure of the Landmark, or even the Majestic Grand. By grandure I sort mean being impressed when walking in.

The pool at the Park Plaza was more to my liking than the other 3 because it is a simple deseign and not busy. The Landmarks pool is busier and bigger.

Jasmine Suites and Majestic Grands pool are just poor, very limited seating.

The Majestic Grand has the better extra fgree facilities inc Sauna, Steam room and Jaccuzi. The Landmark has this but at an extra cost, possibly unless you are in the most expensive room, i didnt pay the extra.

All 4 hotels have there strong points. If you want to show off to your TG then The Landmark is your place. If you are in a steady relationship but still want a good hotel then The Park Plaza or Majestic Grand would be ideal. If good free wifi is essential the Park Plaza would get the vote.

If mongering is your sole purpose the the Jasmine Suites wins hands down. You dont get the attention you get from a normal hotel, ie bed turndown etc. You bypass the lobby because the lift (keycard activated) goes straight from the car entry place to your room floor so you dont see any staff, so in effect you could bring as many girls as you can afford back. But work of warning, if you stay in the Executive apartments you will have to get out of the lift at reception and walk past it to get to the other executive building.

No photos but there websites have them.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the excellent review, can you just tell us about the location?

Number6-01.jpg

The prisoner: “I’m not a number, I’m a free manâ€

A gogo girl: "i'm not a number, i'm a free woman"

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the excellent review, can you just tell us about the location?

On Asoke, near the Asoke/Suk intersection. On the even soi side of Suk. A few hundred meters from Cowboy.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick review of the Park Plaza bec ause I was pretty pleased with the place.

Firstly I booked with Asia Rooms who had the best price at 2950baht a night room only. That was for a Superior Room (standard) but when we checked in we were put in a Deluxe.

The check in staff were good, and from what I could observe they weren't judgemental of my TG who wasn't really dressed for a 4 star hotel, but then again, nor was I, both of us were in shorts and T-Shirts.

The room had what you expect from a good hotel. The extra thing that I liked that I dont recall in other hotels Ive stayed at is an Ice bucket with Ice topped up everyday.

The bathroom had a big bathtub, plenty big enough for 2. The Seperate shower was a rain effect on, very good.

The bedroom was a decent enough size. It had a flatscreen TV (32" would be my guess) and a DVD player. The TV channels were mainly for westerners but there were other channels as well.

The big selling point for me was the free wifi. It was the best wifi ive come across in Thailand.

The inroom safe was plenty big enough for my Notebook.

I don't know about a Joiner fee because I checked in the a girl.

The swimming pool is on the roof, it decent enough and I was the only person in it when I went for a swim. Its a normal rectangle shape. It does anoy me when hotels mess about with the shape of there pools so it makes it impossible to have a decent swim (Pattaya Bay Resort, im talking about you).

I will try and compare it with other hotels Ive stayed in which include Jasmine Suites, Majestic Grande and Landmark.

Park Plazas room was better than the other 3, but the bathroom of the Landmar does win handsdown. Park Plaza doesn't have the grandure of the Landmark, or even the Majestic Grand. By grandure I sort mean being impressed when walking in.

The pool at the Park Plaza was more to my liking than the other 3 because it is a simple deseign and not busy. The Landmarks pool is busier and bigger.

Jasmine Suites and Majestic Grands pool are just poor, very limited seating.

The Majestic Grand has the better extra fgree facilities inc Sauna, Steam room and Jaccuzi. The Landmark has this but at an extra cost, possibly unless you are in the most expensive room, i didnt pay the extra.

All 4 hotels have there strong points. If you want to show off to your TG then The Landmark is your place. If you are in a steady relationship but still want a good hotel then The Park Plaza or Majestic Grand would be ideal. If good free wifi is essential the Park Plaza would get the vote.

If mongering is your sole purpose the the Jasmine Suites wins hands down. You dont get the attention you get from a normal hotel, ie bed turndown etc. You bypass the lobby because the lift (keycard activated) goes straight from the car entry place to your room floor so you dont see any staff, so in effect you could bring as many girls as you can afford back. But work of warning, if you stay in the Executive apartments you will have to get out of the lift at reception and walk past it to get to the other executive building.

No photos but there websites have them.

Excellent review, just wanted to add that they are very friendly ... i often went in with 2 birds, i got aways a big smile

2550 bath breakfast incl. (1 € = 38.68 THAI BAHT )

here some pics of the room :

± 150m from Asok BTS

PP-001.jpg

Level 2 :

PP-002.jpg

PP-003.jpg

PP-004.jpg

PP-005.jpg

PP-006.jpg

PP-007.jpg

PP-008.jpg

PP-009.jpg

PP-010.jpg

view from Level 15 , swimming pool

panoPP1.jpg

panoPP2.jpg

nice stay, nice Breakfast buffet,

very nice staff

Thanks for the good report. Too bad all the good deals on this place disappeared. Seems like they want big $$ for it now. Spare no expense, my favorite is on the L of the next to last photo - the SGS. Perfect for me in all regards. My 2nd fave is that big glass building on the R. That's the Grand Millenium and it's WOTIF's 'mystery 2500 baht' hotel right now. I love that place, especially at that price. wj

Edited by wackyjacky

Thanks for this review. Pics look good, nice and clean

Price is ok, but I do like to get cheaper rooms when I can.

Offcourse the big Q remain of they allow your LT friend with or without the (small) fee.

Park Plaza is very girl friendly.....top staff and always friendly also to the girls...

Thanks for the good report. Too bad all the good deals on this place disappeared. Seems like they want big $$ for it now. Spare no expense, my favorite is on the L of the next to last photo - the SGS. Perfect for me in all regards. My 2nd fave is that big glass building on the R. That's the Grand Millenium and it's WOTIF's 'mystery 2500 baht' hotel right now. I love that place, especially at that price. wj

Wj,

We have it for 2 grand per night inc ABF during July.

Tim

Wj,

We have it for 2 grand per night inc ABF during July.

That kinda changes the equation, doesn't it ? I've been looking in Sept and they want 2X that, at least. If that price holds Tim, I'll need you to hook me up. wj

Edited by wackyjacky

• 3 months later...

This hotel looks nice & the rooms look spot on.

:001_Thank_You5:

This hotel looks nice & the rooms look spot on.

Everybody seems to love this place. No wonder with that 'open bar' brunch set up ! I'll be there in a couple days and will post some more pics. Got it for 1800 (ai) a couple months ago. wj

Edited by wackyjacky

• 8 months later...

Excellent review, just wanted to add that they are very friendly ... i often went in with 2 birds, i got aways a big smile

2550 bath breakfast incl. (1 € = 38.68 THAI BAHT )

here some pics of the room :

± 150m from Asok BTS

post-28760-052802000 1279136779.jpg

Level 2 :

post-28760-021345600 1279136780.jpg

post-28760-080691700 1279136780.jpg

post-28760-042681400 1279136781.jpg

post-28760-097110700 1279136781.jpg

post-28760-038729900 1279136778.jpg

post-28760-085154300 1279136920.jpg

post-28760-055269300 1279136919.jpg

post-28760-018499800 1279136920.jpg

post-28760-087444900 1279136918.jpg

view from Level 15 , swimming pool

post-28760-048026400 1279136782.jpg

post-28760-090385700 1279136778.jpg

nice stay, nice Breakfast buffet,

very nice staff

Thanks for the report & its pic's like that show it of & make it clear for us to get a good feel for the place.

I like the Park Plaza, but it's just not a 3000B hotel to me. The Grand Millenium is 3K and way way better. The PP is worth 1800-2000 IMO. I stayed there for 10 days total last year, but I paid 1800 all in. Stayed at the new Radisson on 13 (same company) and liked that better than PP as well. You might wanna try the new Park Plaza on 18. It's quite a bit cheaper. wj