IGNORED

are you in the poo ?.

Slapman

i'm not out to trash the city i love so much but just realised what i captured in a photo from the top floor of the grand hotel last month.

you know where walking st meets beach rd, there's the bar beer complex on the left and next to that there's that stinking raw sewerage pumping station !.

i thought there was a pipeline pumping it out to sea.

this was taken early morning, i wouldn't want to be swimming there late arvo when the tide washes it in !.

best you be doing your water time in jomtien or way north pattaya.

poo.JPG

Here is a photo of the 'stinking sewerage pumping station' taken from Pattaya Beer Garden.

CIMG5350-800.jpg

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Here is a photo of the 'stinking sewerage pumping station' taken from Pattaya Beer Garden.

CIMG5350-800.jpg

i've seen that view many times, do they pump for a couple of hours at night or what ?.

or is there a pipe under the sand that a 100 or so meters long ?.

i've seen that view many times, do they pump for a couple of hours at night or what ?.

or is there a pipe under the sand that a 100 or so meters long ?.

I have always assumed that the 'treated' water comes gusing out of those 4 pipes when not many people are around to see it. I am also assuming that the hole under them is from the water falling from the pipes.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

there was a huge shit fight (pun unfortunately) in the australian parliment about 15 years ago over raw sewerage being pumped off bondi beach in sydney.

similar deal, but it was only going 500 meters out in the pipe.

all the young surfer dudes got on the bandwagon and were wearing cartoon t-shirts saying "bondi, becaude surfing excrament is excellent", i thought it was terribly funny at the time.

Not sure where the sewage outfall pipe is but the high level pipes are like overflow pipes that operate in times of high rainfall. I'm guessing that what comes out of them is a mix of sewage and highway/roof drainage that needs to be got rid of quickly in order to not blow the sewage staion plant. I've seen them operating after one real heavy storm and no doubt they operate frequently in any season due to high intensity rainfall in Thailand.

So basically they dischargew waterered down raw sewage

Yes they do pump raw sewage into the water and have heard the output is not much more than 1Km so maybe not such a good idea to swim at the beach

I new that Pattaya beach had a bad reputation years ago. And it wasnt a good idea to swim in the sea. I must admit I thought that Pattaya's council had improved the situation.

Maybe not.....So I think I'll stick to going to Jomtien or Koh Larn or my hotel's swimming pool

I've watched this empty many times but I think they've stopped. I didn't see it at all in Jan, Feb and March. Unless they're doing it in the middle of the night. They're was a homeless lady, who was messed up from drugs living there and washing her clothes. IMG_0013.JPG

Edited by dtyolmn

CIMG5350-800.jpg

I always thought those were storm drains not sewage if you look when its raining you will see water being pumped out of them.

Al.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe not.....So I think I'll stick to going to Jomtien or Koh Larn or my hotel's swimming pool

I wouldn't rate Jomtien any better than Pattaya for swimming, not long after I moved over here to live 3 1/2 years ago, I got the worst dose of conjunctivitis i've ever had from swimming at Jomtien

Bam Bam

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

I wouldn't swim in the sea anywhere in that region - from BKK down to Sattahip and around to Rayong. Koh Samet is OK but the mainland beaches are shit and full of trash, I used to live at Bang Saen and you could see all the shit and trash floating down from the Chaophyra River. I go to Patts and stay at hotels with pools. haven't been in the sea at Patts for decades now.

I've watched this empty many times but I think they've stopped. I didn't see it at all in Jan, Feb and March. Unless they're doing it in the middle of the night. They're was a homeless lady, who was messed up from drugs living there and washing her clothes. IMG_0013.JPG

tidy girl , domesticated (washes her clothes), own acommadation,so save on st room :001_Thank_You5: ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Not yet but cany wait.. :001_Thank_You5:

I was in Pattaya Beer Garden recently after a big downpour and there was not even a drop of water coming out of those pipes.

As I watched the storm move out across the water I watched the fork lightning not very far beyond the people connected to boats flying on parachutes. I wonder it they has any idea of the danger they were exposing themselves to?

Guys do you really believe that raw sewerage is pumped into the sea right on the beach, dont you think it would smell like it when your there, I know the drains pong a bit at times but comon guys dot be so naive.

The treated sewerage is pumped 5 kilometers out to see in an outward flowing current.

Check with city hall, a couple of years ago all businesses were charged a one off fee for installing the new system.

The beach is much better than it used to be and city hall regularly checks the water for pollutants, of course you can catch things in the water but more likely conjunctivitis would have been transmitted from touching something, maybe a deckchair then rubbing your face and thus catching it, the most likely way is from Pets or stray dogs so never stroke them then wipe the sweat from your face and hey presto.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

well them pipes might come in handy if ya run out of money for a hotel. Enough room for you and a BG.

Farang = Walking ATM. TG's push the right buttons and money comes out. PIN = BBBJ

• 1 month later...

The first time I went to Patts (about 10 years ago) I was told by some local girls not to swim at the beach because of the swerage, and I met a guy who told me he got conjuctavitis from swimming at Pattaya beach, he told me to go to Jontiem. Last time I went (last year) I did some scuba diving. I was a bit concerned about getting poisoned, and they took us fairly far out (Koh Larn I think?) but the water quality was great. I went to Phuket after that, and the diving there was pretty average by comparison.

The water quality depends a lot on the winds and seasons!

During winter (High Season) Dec-Feb when the winds blows from the north, Pattaya Bay and specially Jomthien are more calm and the water looks much cleaner and also much cooler!

But from beginning of Rainy Season in April winds tends to blow from the south with more waves stirring up lot of silt and also brings in a lot of garbage, water is also much warmer with excess algae

growth and sometimes dead fish being washed up on the beach!

Still Pattaya waters are actually much cleaner nowadays than on my first visit in 1987, when Pattaya Bay was just a big mudpool!

You would sink down to your knees in mud and garbage if you walked out in the water, no visibilty whatsoever and you never knew what you stepped on... broken beerbottles or dead dogs!:001_Thank_You5:

I prefer Jomthien because it is bigger and there are still some small pockets with less crowds, and most importantly they have public bathrooms with showers and toilets, that totally misses in Pattaya proper!

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

I always thought those were storm drains not sewage if you look when its raining you will see water being pumped out of them.

Al.

great to know this as, I have heard something different about this so, really it will be better to know how really it is.

Thanks

guys i am not usually one to argue much but the beach is disgusting...

I love Pattaya too mutt but the beach is absolutely revolting -

you just need to stand outside the Beer Garden Complex for a moment and my stomach churns at the stink...

dont forget the famous you tube video of the enormous beach rats at night - just check it yourself,

it is disgusting...

i always do pool instead and it is a real shame - after all Thailand has an international reputation for its beaches, its just a shame Patts doesnt have a good one.

Phuket main beach is better but again not that clean either at the best of times...

i suppose Kata and Kayron are more like what one would want ...

you don't stop partying because you grow old,

you grow old because you stop partying

For the guys complaining about conjunctivitis and swimming in the ocean. It is very contagious, don't you think those little face clothes they hang in many bathrooms that hundreds of people use every day may be the problem instead. All you have to do is touch your eyes after using one and your infected. It doesn't show up immediately, too easy to blame swimming in the ocean as the cause.

I've never seen sewage swimming in Jomtien Beach but looking at the boat activity in Pattaya, floating restaurants etc I can see why it's not as nice to swim.

Edited by gerry53

Al.

Yeah I think those are storm drains, but still there is a lot of nasty funk on the streets that washes down the drains when the rains come through.

TR set - 26.jpg