Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Dusit D2 Baraquda: Review

Broomstick

Hi there,

I stayed at the Dusit D2 Baraquda on 2nd Road, 200 meters past Marriott on the Right. Big Orange Sign. I used Agoda and paid 2799THB/night for a Deluxe Room. Stayed 7 days.

This was an outstanding hotel for the price. The rooms were modern, clean, the towels were white, thick, the staff is excellent, attentive, funny, good spirited, respectful. There was never a problem with bringing back ladies; I brought Me + 4 back one evening smile.gif That also happened to be the night the I stayed in the Dusit D'Suite, a two-floor townhouse. This was about US$320. It was worth it. Rooms either face west out over Pattaya Bay or east out over the Pool. Only had to turn the volume down once at 4:30AM. Jacuzzi on the second floor.

The pool area was sufficient but I definitely wouldn't oversell it. It was a bit small and on some days definitely not a lot of chairs. Also, the lower the number of your room (3001...) the closer your balcony is to the pool. Kids wake up earlier than adults I observed!

Had a slight mis-hap with regard to hotel Laundry Services. They promised next-day by 4PM. It ended up coming next-next-day at 11AM. I stupidly threw all my shirts in that day. They did discount an already absurdly high charge by 50% and I did receive a personal letter and fruit basket from the Manager which is usually a very good sign of a hotel that they care. Yes, I know I could have done my laundry for 300THB around the corner but I had more pressing needs ;)

The Staff have a poolside dance in the afternoons that seems to embody the spirit of the hotel. It's a choreographed yet an un-rehearsed, amateur, hip-shaking, booty-waggin line-dance. Great work! Great energy!

Marriott is still the standard at US$100+ rate. Even though the rooms are getting old the location and poolside gardens are bar none. If Marriott is truly a 5-star then D2 Baraquda is a 4.5. It has everything but the unique and exquisite pool experience at the Marriott. The service at D2 Baraquda is EXCELLENT and the staff is AMAZING. The rooms are clean and modern and the linens and towels are white and thick.

I will go there again on my 2011 Annual Trip. Party at D'Suite. Details to follow ;)

-BS

A few more perspectives:

More Threads

thailand2010 066.jpg

thailand2010 068.jpg

thailand2010 072.jpg

thailand2010 073.jpg

thailand2010 075.jpg

thailand2010 076.jpg

thailand2010 076.jpg

thailand2010 074.jpg

Thanks for the report. I spent 3 nights at the Dusit D2 last year (on Thai Air points) and like you had a great experience and the location is hard to beat.

I normally stay at the Dusit Thani and they keep sending me promotions for this place.

Maybe next trip I will try it.

I very nearly pulled the trigger on the D2 however I then found apartments for 1/3rd of the price with comparable quality :GoldenSmile1:.

I very nearly pulled the trigger on the D2 however I then found apartments for 1/3rd of the price with comparable quality :GoldenSmile1:.

Where ????? any pics ????

:12:

• 1 month later...

D2 is a great hotel! Excelent room , nice pool area & service very good (nice when they turn down the bed at night they replace all used towels , nice touch so night girl dosent have to use afternoon girls towel) I have never stayed in the Marriot but did have a look at the rooms they are nice but maybee a bit dated and for me not as nice. I will definatly stay at the D2 next trip...

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

f.jpg

a.jpg

e.jpg

Small singa was 110 & mixed drinks were 150 , that was at the pool and roof top bar. Not sure about the club/bar there....

Thanks for the extra pic's & this hotel looks great but to expensive for me.

On a long trip I budjet for 750 baht per night & a short trip 1500/2000 baht per night.

That said its a great deal on some of the sites like OPODA when it's on offer at 3000 baht or £66 sterling.

The pool is not up to scrath for such a nice hotel.

The small pool at the Dusit Thani is fantastic & years back I used to stay there for £30 sterling per night.

1997 was amazing for me & the Dusit Thani was called the Dusit Resort at that time. :GoldenSmile1:

Maybe it's just me, but the bed looks very small, as does the whole room. Also I prefer my sink to be in the shower room rather than right next to the bed. For that price I would expect more.

That said, the design looks interesting and it seems like a funky place to stay.

Room is quite a good size not huge though bed is standard Queen. The toilet is enclosed in glass with extraction fan inside so no stink in the bedroom and the shower is big! I booked through Agoda and paid 3100/night. The rooms are excellent plus within close proximity to Walking Street good for me as I like to walk and not have to take the bus. Extra bonus is all girls seem to like the room .......

I normally stay at Flipper House in Soi 7 but want a change this trip. I am considering either the Dusit Thani, Dusit D2 or the Tim Boutique. Anyone have experience of two or all three of these places in order to compare?

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

• 4 weeks later...

I stayed at suite 5115 on the 5th. floor (D2 Duplex Suite facing 2cd Road) from June 04-19.2010 D2 has a total of 4x D Suites on the 5th floor with 2 facing second road and 2 facing the courtyard and pool area. What I disliked: Very noisy because of the disco below, no smoking policy in rooms, no writing/computer desk, not very clean (in the beginning) either, lots of (friendly) gays. I liked: no joiner fees, great location, efficient room service, very friendly staff, very reliable and fast internet access, excellent and quick laundry, in-room Nespresso machines and plenty of coffees to choose from, complimentary bottled water, luxurious spa with discounts for clients staying at a suite, tight security - bunnies can't leave the hotel without getting a phone confirmation that everything is OK, nice breakfast. Daily average rate (Dusit Take-2 Special) was 6700 THB + taxes. The next time I would take their regular suites (separate Living/Bedroom) on one floor because it seems to be more convenient and I do not have to run always up and down. The room size is just the same and the rate is about 2000 THB lower too. As many other mongers in this forum I did not find anything special to the suite. Regular rooms have just a basic size.

It seems like a small room for the amount but the design is excellent - love the see into shower. You'd want to bring back girls here just to see the impression on their face as they walk in.

It seems like a small room for the amount but the design is excellent - love the see into shower. You'd want to bring back girls here just to see the impression on their face as they walk in.

I love it too :)

Several hotels have this system in Hong Kong and China. I've stayed in 2 hotels with the same system. Unfortunately I had no girls with me to take advantage of it :Hate_Computer:

• 4 weeks later...

Just checked in today. For the past year, I have been staying at the LK Renaissance with every visit and always getting the bedroom suite so I am use to big rooms so this room is a bit small and bed is a bit small. I don't think I can fit 3 people on the bed especially with my fat butt. No tub in regular room is also a let down as I loved using a jacuzzi. May I have to check if I can upgrade for my final two nights.

Overall, I have been wanting to check this hotel out. You can't beat the location either. Will report more as my trip goes on but all I can say not bad but is it worth the money? Not sure yet.

Extended my stay by two days and upgraded to the regular suite room (living room and bedroom on same floor). The desk/bed location is strange especially with tub right behind the desk. I would put a desk in the living room so there is a separate area to work.

Every girl I brought in did find the room beautiful. I will have many memories regarding the tub and balcony so based on that the high cost is worth it. However, as often as I come to Pattaya, I think there are too many cheaper options with similar services but it is a great hotel due to location, room size, service, and internet very fast. I would probably choose this over Marriott if I plan to pay the high rate but I would leave this place for special occassions.

• 1 month later...

The statements about girl friendliness in this hotel are quite different. As I dont want to pay a joiner fee and also want to keep a hazzle free stay when bringing bunnies to my room im not sure if this is the right place for me. Any recent experiences?

The statements about girl friendliness in this hotel are quite different. As I dont want to pay a joiner fee and also want to keep a hazzle free stay when bringing bunnies to my room im not sure if this is the right place for me. Any recent experiences?

They are as girl friendly as it gets mate. The staff are all young, fun and extremely well trained. They have seen it all and as long as you are respectful of other guests (i.e. not shagging in the pool or something..) you will never have an issue. I'm a regular and a few of the male staff even have a laugh with me and tell me which of my bar fines they thought was the fittest:)

I have bought untold numbers of girls back at all hours of the day and they are always friendly and never a mention of a joiner. One night a mate and I came back from Insomnia with 5 girls at 5am and we kicked on drinking around the pool with no issues. The same mate bar fined 6 girls from Living Dolls and bought them back. The reception staff even took some photos of him with the girls on the big sofa in reception while they were checking their ID's. What other hotel would do that for you?

B

• 1 month later...

They are as girl friendly as it gets mate. The staff are all young, fun and extremely well trained. They have seen it all and as long as you are respectful of other guests (i.e. not shagging in the pool or something..) you will never have an issue. I'm a regular and a few of the male staff even have a laugh with me and tell me which of my bar fines they thought was the fittest:)

I have bought untold numbers of girls back at all hours of the day and they are always friendly and never a mention of a joiner. One night a mate and I came back from Insomnia with 5 girls at 5am and we kicked on drinking around the pool with no issues. The same mate bar fined 6 girls from Living Dolls and bought them back. The reception staff even took some photos of him with the girls on the big sofa in reception while they were checking their ID's. What other hotel would do that for you?

B

This sounds really good and as i already stayed there now i can approve the above mentioned comments. Thanks, great hotel!

Just checked in today. For the past year, I have been staying at the LK Renaissance with every visit and always getting the bedroom suite so I am use to big rooms so this room is a bit small and bed is a bit small. I don't think I can fit 3 people on the bed especially with my fat butt. No tub in regular room is also a let down as I loved using a jacuzzi. May I have to check if I can upgrade for my final two nights.

Overall, I have been wanting to check this hotel out. You can't beat the location either. Will report more as my trip goes on but all I can say not bad but is it worth the money? Not sure yet.

hi bmoc, I am trying to decide where to stay for the month of february, 30 days, the renaissance or the D2, you seem to know both

hotels well, could you please give me the pros and con, as you have experienced them? thanks zul

I stayed in one of the suites on the fifth floor last month. I am sure it is guest friendly.

It is less than 10 minutes walk to Walking Street. Less than two minutes walk to the beach road. You could take the baht bus right in front of the hotel. Two shopping malls one on the right and one across the street. You could get almost everything you need there.

I didn't try the restaurant but I did have a Thai massage in the hotel. With the discount, it was 900 baht.

The funny thing is - not every suite has a desk, chair etc.. very basic. I stayed again at D2 from Nov 05-09 & 16-20 and paid THB 7200.00 + tax for a suite on the 4th floor facing Second Rd.

Very noisy, the air-condition blows you almost out of the room, the room was not clean at all, the sliding door mirror had sperm on it :-), lots of wearing & tearing signs etc..etc.. This hotel is definitely nothing special anymore and highly over-prized (with a few room/location exceptions) The next time I simply pay a bit more and stay at the new Hilton.

Extended my stay by two days and upgraded to the regular suite room (living room and bedroom on same floor). The desk/bed location is strange especially with tub right behind the desk. I would put a desk in the living room so there is a separate area to work.

Every girl I brought in did find the room beautiful. I will have many memories regarding the tub and balcony so based on that the high cost is worth it. However, as often as I come to Pattaya, I think there are too many cheaper options with similar services but it is a great hotel due to location, room size, service, and internet very fast. I would probably choose this over Marriott if I plan to pay the high rate but I would leave this place for special occassions.

Archived