IGNORED

Glitterman Speaks About Television.

glitterman

Television is the biggest time waisting device ever invented in the last hundred years, i decided not to have a television seven years ago, and ive done so much more with the time than if i had, it should not be called 'television' it should be called 'trancevision' as people sit like zombies staring at a luminous screen.

The T.V. is the retina to the minds eye, therefore anything viewed emerges as raw experiance to the viewer. after watching you have achieved nothing, turn off the t.v. and do it for real, live those dreams. 'what the mind can concieve, the body will achieve'

During my antique collecting back home in England i purchased a very old photo album from the late victorian period [a hundred years old] the photos of the people had lively faces with wild lively eyes, there was no t.v. back then. compare that with an album of today and the faces would be dull and the eyes lifeless FROM WATCHING TO MUCH T.V. peolple get used to staring at the t.v. and the habit forms that they stare at everything else outside and not expect any interaction with what they are looking at ,just as if they were still watching t. v.

throw the damn things out your window thats what i say. [and ill be there to catch them, ha ha]

The Royal Glitterman hath spoken

EDIT BY MODS - All BM's should be aware that there is no proof that the person posting as Glitterman is actually the person regularly seen riding around Pattaya on a bicycle, dressed in a gold.

Edited by Shuggy

You have such a unique perspective on things there my friend. A kind of wonderful innocence that actually touches me :Clap8:

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

you forgot to add computers and the internet. In all seriousness, I admire your ability to live without one. But think of it this way. Without these inventions and minds that create them we would be stuck in our little worlds.

I am sure the people in that photo also never ventured out past the neighboring farm. Technology is a wonderful thing. Like anything else, too much is bad for you.

You do not want to become an addict.

I am a fat kid in a sweet shop, I just cannot choose and want it all.

ahh---- I gotta have a tv to watch american football games. So in my book, its way overused, but sometimes a necessary evil. :GoldenSmile1:

Television is the biggest time waisting device ever invented in the last hundred years, i decided not to have a television seven years ago, and ive done so much more with the time than if i had, it should not be called 'television' it should be called 'trancevision' as people sit like zombies staring at a luminous screen.

The T.V. is the retina to the minds eye, therefore anything viewed emerges as raw experiance to the viewer. after watching you have achieved nothing, turn off the t.v. and do it for real, live those dreams. 'what the mind can concieve, the body will achieve'

During my antique collecting back home in England i purchased a very old photo album from the late victorian period [a hundred years old] the photos of the people had lively faces with wild lively eyes, there was no t.v. back then. compare that with an album of today and the faces would be dull and the eyes lifeless FROM WATCHING TO MUCH T.V. peolple get used to staring at the t.v. and the habit forms that they stare at everything else outside and not expect any interaction with what they are looking at ,just as if they were still watching t. v.

throw the damn things out your window thats what i say. [and ill be there to catch them, ha ha]

The Royal Glitterman hath spoken

you forgot to add computers and the internet. In all seriousness, I admire your ability to live without one. But think of it this way. Without these inventions and minds that create them we would be stuck in our little worlds.

I am sure the people in that photo also never ventured out past the neighboring farm. Technology is a wonderful thing. Like anything else, too much is bad for you.

You do not want to become an addict.

I think TV is a massive influence on people lives.

But i think they are more skeptical when it comes to the internet.

The moving picture is a very powerful medium,

and thats why many governments try to control it.

100 yrs ago having your photo taken would be extremely exciting and would only happen to a select few. So i think it would be very hard not to smile.

A bit like taking a photo of someone in taxi going to Pattaya and taking it again as they are leaving!

100 yrs ago having your photo taken would be extremely exciting and would only happen to a select few. So i think it would be very hard not to smile.

A bit like taking a photo of someone in taxi going to Pattaya and taking it again as they are leaving!

I got a laugh out of that one...I think most of the gents living in Pattaya have a much more serious addiction...BG's...Ha Ha :GoldenSmile1:

Cheers

www.snakephoto.blogspot.com