IGNORED

How Much Will a 7 day trip cost?

sjsharky

Pretty much the same question as how long is a piece of string.

Expensive 5 star hotel to budget guest house, high end restaurants to cheap food stalls.

Gogos vs beer bars vs freelancers.

Drinker or non drinker.

Need to supply much more info for a relevant answer and then there are numerous existing threads on this subject already.

Using the keyword "budget" will show many threads with good info.

For example my wife and I budget approx 5000 baht/day each excluding flights and accommodation.

Edited by bobdickgus

Depends on what you are going to do. Assuming you will stay in a decent hotel, have 1 LT a night, eat 3 meals, and you drink.

1500 a night hotel.

1500 for LT and Bar fine.

500-1500 for drinking, no idea if you even drink.

600 for food.

Hard to really determine what you will need. Not enough information. I spent about 4000-5000 a day excluding hotel.

I am a fat kid in a sweet shop, I just cannot choose and want it all.

Really depends on where you stay. Figure $150 per day. However, short term stayers of a week or less usually tend to spend more freely than those of us who stay for longer periods.

Go on line and check out the hotels first as this could become your biggest expense...some hotels offer weekly rates...Food is usually rather inexpensive...Assuming you can eat some Thai cuisine...local transport is also cheap....Barfines and drinks can become expensive (depends on your habits)...If you budgeted $1500 to $2000usd for your first one week trip, you should be fine with money to spare...After one trip you will discover your true expenses, and subsequent trips should definately lower your costs...

Enjoy your trip...

Cheers

www.snakephoto.blogspot.com :Cross_Fingers:

Hello and welcome to the forum.... 5000 THB daily will be enough for you... With 7000 for the hotels and 25,000 emergency cash( just in case you are short)... that nearly 70,000THB altogether... Enjoy your trip...

Edited by jocky king

How much money should i expect to spend (not counting air travel) for a 7 day stay?

I spent between 7-15K Baht a day, which at the rate Sterling is falling will soon be about 10-15K GBP a day.

I am a proper two or three week millionaire :D , you can spend far less than this and still have a great time.

My advice is take as much as you can, but make sure you have enough left over to cover your bills and your trip back at the end of the week.

There are no pockets in a shroud…….

Edited by The Storm

How much money should i expect to spend (not counting air travel) for a 7 day stay?

Once you've paid for your accommodation and food/water, UP TO YOU!

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

I average 5000bht a day but some people will spend double that.

I double that but only stay half the time :)

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

i would advise that you budget for 8000 minimum to have fun and thats after you have paid for your accomodation money over there in pattaya just seems to dissapear well at least it did with me i just recentley got back from my first trip spent 15 days there loved the place and am going back again in august after my accomodation was paid i spent 185,000 baht and to be honest thinking about it now i dont know were it all went but i do drink quiet a bit and never got back to my hotel before about 4 in the morning and i bought the woman i was with drinks all night too

basically mate you will spend as much as you take and what ever you do dont fall in love i did with a gogo girl i cant get her out of my mind and talk to her every day on the phone and am going back in august to spend a month with her and want to find out about buyng a business in pattaya so i can live there and be with her probably sounds crazy to alot of people but sometimes life frows us unusual things i just hope it works out

i would guess about $820.00 AUD..

Edited by feenzy