IGNORED

Farang V Thai man 1 on 1...have you seen it happen/

slightly

Last October on Pattaya Tai near the market, I saw a Thai guy have a heated discussion with a farang.

It appeared the Thai guy scrapped the farangs car & words were exchanged.

The Thai got very heated & punched the farang many times without a response.

There was a lot of traffic & the market was in full flow so the traffic didnt move.

Everyone could see what was going on.

After the farang took several punches his friend tried to stop the Thai.

The Thai guy then started to set about the 2nd farang.

Problem was the 2nd farang was not prepared to be a punching bag & put the Thai guy in his place.

I was standing watching with my Thai wife & was shocked when she & all the other Thais starting cheering when the 2nd farang gave the Thai what he deserved.

My question is, has anyone seen a similar incident ?

A few years ago, I witnessed a similar incident in Marine disco. I don’t know the reason behind that confrontation, but a Thai guy punched a Farang several times in his face. The Farang appeared well trained, was about 190 cm tall and took the hits quite easy. Finally, the Farang responded with just one punch, leaving the Thai guy with a bloody face. Most of the gathered service staff cheered.

I also would like to mention that any serious confrontation with a Thai guy bears a high risk, that he might come back later with a weapon trying to kill you.

Edited by Benny10

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

from what i have seen a little bit and heard, there is no such thing as a 1 on 1 thai man vs. farang, ive seen thai blokes come from everywhere to help his fellow country men, even if the didnt know each other, if fighting a farang.

Not knowing someone and knowing someone to well are two different things. Maybe he bullies the Thia's too. Maybe he has for a long time and their glad to see him get it.

from what i have seen a little bit and heard, there is no such thing as a 1 on 1 thai man vs. farang, ive seen thai blokes come from everywhere to help his fellow country men, even if the didnt know each other, if fighting a farang.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with this kind of generalisation.

Luckily, I never had a fight with anyone since I was a kid.

However, in all the years I could not avoid a few serious arguments with a some Thai guys.

I always try to stay calm but stand firm, and most of time I got support from other Thais, be it the police (car accident), neighbors, or people just passing by.

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

Not knowing someone and knowing someone to well are two different things. Maybe he bullies the Thia's too. Maybe he has for a long time and their glad to see him get it.

This does happen and it happens quite a lot but as Benny has said its a myth that it is always the case.

Just like its a myth that if your in a vehicle accident you will always lose the argument or case.

If your married with a house you will lose the house.

blah blah

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

• 4 weeks later...

I caught a Thai man trying to pick my pocket this past April. I felt like punching him when I grabbed his hand in my pocket, but since I was the only Farang there, I pushed him away from me and started yelling at him. He hurried away, people stared at us and then everyone went about their business.

Thai - Farang 1 on 1 normally only happens in a boxing ring.

mmm I agree..last time i saw a fight it was 1 farang vs 4 thai. :Banghead2:

Fuck It, Before It Fucks You!

• 4 weeks later...

When you think of how non confrontational most thais are and

then include those who can see things as they are,

then your left with a small group of thais that will randomly gang up.

I has at a guess most of the time when this happens it was the farang that deserved it and or

they were messing with a gang of thais, night club security, or motocy taxi group.

Who is fit to govern others?

He who governs himself. ?

You might as well have said: nobody.

Took me a few times to watch that vid to see what happened, while the farang was facing 2 Thais, a 3rd Thai came up from behind and sucker punched him in the jaw, as he dropped another Thai kicked him in the head and another kicked him in the nuts. So the farang was out cold.

I suppose on one side of the coin farang that get into fights with Thais are silly cunts because you'll come off worse. On the other side of the coin, should we always just stand back in fear and be insulted, fucked over, pushed around?

If you can't speak Thai then that's good. Don't learn, because once you can understand what's being said there will be times when you get very very pissed off. Especially so if you have a Thai wife and you go somewhere and some drunk monkey-faced asshole starts talking out loud that your wife is a slag for going with farang. That sort of stuff has got me into a few blues with Thais over the years.

• 2 weeks later...

I also would like to mention that any serious confrontation with a Thai guy bears a high risk, that he might come back later with a weapon trying to kill you.

This is the scary part. I'm sure it can happen anywhere in the world, but especially in a place like Pattaya, where you tend to stay in the same general area. Maybe I'm just paranoid but face is everything and I'm sure they would hold grudges.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

I once saw an old farang and thai wife (I presume) discuss with a thaiman (sitting on his motorbike), things got heated, and the wife pushed him, the farang helped, and the guy tipped over, and fell. Then he went nuts, but was held back by security of a gogo on Soi 8 (where it happended), of course drunk as a fool, I also went into the action, but only to get the old farang and his wife away. Things settled, and they disappereared, half an hour later, the Thai guy returned with a Baseball bat, and went looking around for people to hit. The bargirls kindly suggested that I'd lay low, and even duck down, but guess I wasn't a priority, so he went away.

I guess there are idiot Thais, but my only problems has been with fellow tourists.

I can not say i have seen 1 on 1 in over 7 years, bur have had personal experience in 1 on 1.

Must mention though, about 6 months ago witnessed one foreigner on Walking Street.

I think the guy is an expat as i see him often

He got attacked by an ugly lady boy(unsure of the reason) so he knocked out the ladyboy with one slap, next thing he got jumped by 20 if not 30 thai's running from every direction.

Not only they could not knock him out, but he left 6 or 7 out cold, while chasing after everyone else.

i had to drag him away and trying to calm him down as he was not going to stop until he killed someone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psvL2eYQ7YM&feature=related

There are three sides to every argument: your side, my side and the right side.

Thank God I'm an atheist.

This also starts as 1 farang vs 1 thai, just a discussion, see what happens...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltVtHIGOpF0

See this at least once per week.

Marine disco is known for this kind of thing

Very surprisingly Champagne GogO in LK is also practicing same kind of behavior on a regular basis, but not only its owned by a foreigner, the owner is there sees it and does nothing.

Personally seen it twice in Champagne, mate of mine saw once and other mates have commented on seeing few times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psvL2eYQ7YM&feature=related

There are three sides to every argument: your side, my side and the right side.

Thank God I'm an atheist.

• 6 months later...

It was interesting and entertaining too. I see it. I guess on one side of the room farang who come into battle with the Thais is constant idiot because you come out worse. Things settled and disappereared half an hour later, the Thai guy left with a baseball bat, and went looking around for people to hit.

• 4 weeks later...

gidday,

here at home i spent my youth fighting.never been to worried knocked people out as they have knocked me over.but i must admit i am not trusting of fighhting any thais.i have had a disagreement in Phuket that got pretty heated but the TG i was with slapped him and started on him and totally shocked me and i just let her go.

but on my recent trip to patts i went into a gogo just up from LDS as i hate gogo but was bored and thought to have a look.i dont drink alcohol any more and i useed to fight alot and like to just be strait and calm,i drank water and left 100 baht in the cup and left just as i got to Walking Street i felt a very hard hit to my neck and was spun around,actually out of fright as scared the fuck out of me i hit out and got him on the side of the head,more luck than any thing,next thing there was about 6 thais around me and i trully thought fuck me i am done.the thai who tryed to grab me round the neck started to scream at me about not paying my drink and i grabbed the cup from his hand and in the bottom was the 100 baht,next thing all the thais around me started to larf and grabbed the thai i hit and took him back inside,then i was standing there like nothing had happened.haha trully i thought i was going to get a hammering.

but 2 instancese with untold consequences.my advice,LOS is for holiday and relax,but always be wary.

• 1 month later...

Same here, that's why I always try to avoid trouble :)

Play on, player!

• 2 weeks later...

I'd imagine that's why Insomia doesnt let Thai men upstairs. I have a few thai male friends that tell me... Thai man not allowed. I wasnt aware of this until my last trip.

I'm sure there is some hidden animosity towards Falangs... even though we support allot of them with our tourist/sex currency. lol

My 2 cents,

PT

I'd imagine that's why Insomia doesnt let Thai men upstairs. I have a few thai male friends that tell me... Thai man not allowed. I wasnt aware of this until my last trip.

I'm sure there is some hidden animosity towards Falangs... even though we support allot of them with our tourist/sex currency. lol

My 2 cents,

PT

Well its no big surprise considering that there is alot of grief against those black dudes in Farangland, who pick up girls in discos like we do in Pattaya.

I have no idea where all this shite comes from, but let's face it, if someone took a poll of the world's hardest fucks, where would Thais figure?

Nowhere.

Where is there any evidence that these guys are so hard, or so brave?

Would you take on someone maybe 30 Kg heavier than you, probably a good .5 m higher than you, looking angry? Would you fuck, and we come from a society were confrontation is a way of life.

All this talk of motorcycle mafia etc, look at the cunts, they spend 18+ hours a day lying around, or sleeping, or drinking, or riding someone from a-b, ffs, even the most sedentary of farangs probably does more then they do.

Sure, they can gang up, or come back, but again, let's be real, let's have documented incidents, would you go and form part of a small mob to twat a farang when you have no idea who the fuck you will be fighting, what weapons he has, who he has as friends? Thai men are fucking cowards, they can't handle confrontation. There may be the odd one who is handy, or those who like to king hit a farang, and hey, don't get me wrong, there are plenty who will do that, but one on one face to face, get fucked, these guys have the heart of a gecko.

I don't advise taking anyone on, anywhere, in any country, but hey if you have to you have to.

• 2 weeks later...

Seen a lean, fit sober farang yank take down 2 Thai's in Karon once. Don't know what over, got there towards the end. As he was walking home later he had a shotgun levelled at his face by 2 thai's on a moped and told to gtf out of town. His gf came back to the bar in tears as he was having none of it and was going to stay put and take what comes. At which point i got a bg to take us back to Patong. Crazy shit like only gonna end up bad for the falang sooner rather than later.

Hi

Question is though, who is more often than not the aggressor?.

Is it the drunk farang, or the backed-up-by-his-mates Thai?

Either way it's a recipe for a punch up.

I also agree Thai men are not all indestructible Muay Thai experts with chests of iron who can knock out a buffalo with one punch.

I can see why the Thais resent the farang, especially in Pattaya. The only trouble I've had in however long its been is my last trip when some fat fucker stood on my already knackered foot in Insomnia, he realised he'd done it but chose not to apologise, cos I instantly shouted the "C" word loud enough for him to hear, he turned round, probably saw I wasn't worth bothering with and carried on.

Lucky for me cos as I understand it the security blokes in Insomnia are a bit violent.

either way lifes too short....

Cheers

Butch

https://thailand-247.com/

r/pattaya Reddit moderators are all cowards.

cos I instantly shouted the "C" word loud enough for him to hear, he turned round, probably saw I wasn't worth bothering with and carried on.

I like to buy a vowel please . May I have a "o" please..... I have a "C" word in mind but never for a guy.

There are two primary choices in life;

to accept conditions as they exist,

or accept the responsibility for changing them.