IGNORED

Seasoned vets, question on which month to go

BostonSteve

I originally posted about whether to go for a month or split it up. I can afford 2 trips, just am deciding to do one long one. I know rainy season goes until October. I am thinking about either the whole month of October or November, maybe a split between the two.

Can anyone speak to the amount of rain in October. I do enjoy the pool and walking around a lot. I do not mind rain, but do not want to deal with it every day or have it hinder my travels that much.

Should I plan on October or just wait till November?

I am a fat kid in a sweet shop, I just cannot choose and want it all.

october is definitely one of the top wetest months in pattaya! probably alongside september! the rainfall generally drops off quite alot in to november and then gets dryer over the next 3 to 4 months leading back up to april again (generally thailands hottest month) from then on the rainy season slowly creeps in again! Id make most of your stay in november if u can, u could be unlucky and still have alot of rain though. generally its just very heavy downpours and soon clears up. still a warm month though. hope this helps...

I'm with the previous poster,low tourist numbers mean more choice in either of these months. November just gets the edge because there's more chance of dodging the rain. It starts to cool down in November as well.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

November is my choice too, weather generally better and hotels havnt put up prices for high season yet. not as many people and a lot of girls still around. mid january to mid february is another option if you decide to split it up

if you stay a month you get really good monthly rates for alot of hotels half price to normal rates :Teacher1:

I am planning a trip for this coming August. I've never been in August but from what I've read on the boards it seems like a good month to come. Still considered low season, if it rains it's usually for short periods of time then it clears, and hotel rates are fairly cheap. I'm really looking forward to this trip :Clap8:

Someday, somebody will ski that

Thanks again guys, now it is time to ask for the time off, wish me luck.

I am a fat kid in a sweet shop, I just cannot choose and want it all.